Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Just noticed this today on a London search

Apologies if already mentioned

Last edited by russ1h; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by russ1h
Doubletree by Hilton London Greenwich

Just noticed this today on a London search

Apologies if already mentioned
Do you have a link? Could be referring to the ExCel I suppose but a bit of a stretch.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:46 am

The address on the app seems to match up to The Greenwich Hotel but I can't find anything on the web about it changing to a DT so it may not be that hotel but something else adjacent to it
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Do you have a link? Could be referring to the ExCel I suppose but a bit of a stretch.
Tried to post link but doesn't seem to work.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h
Tried to post link but doesn't seem to work.
Yes appearing on my search - no not the Excel and more Deptford than Greenwhich .
Should be a perfect fit to the Doubletree brand and within walking distance of DLR and my house !!!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Yes appearing on my search - no not the Excel and more Deptford than Greenwhich .
Should be a perfect fit to the Doubletree brand and within walking distance of DLR and my house !!!
This is great news to wake up too, yes it can only be " the Greenwich hotel " formerly the mercue.
For me this will be perfect as my family run a security business on the Greenwich high road behind the hotel, literally a stones throw away .
It's ironic as from 1996 - 2010 I used to spend every August in the student accommodation next door way before I could afford to stay Hilton.
THE HOTEL - obviously it will be refitted to a doubletree but it is fairly plush.....I've been inside for a coffee and the bar/restaurant area is very smart and luxurious looking, breakfast is in the basement I was told, parking at rear.......will be interesting to see how this develops, I'm often in Greenwich so will keep an eye on this.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by wizla
This is great news to wake up too, yes it can only be " the Greenwich hotel " formerly the mercue.
For me this will be perfect as my family run a security business on the Greenwich high road behind the hotel, literally a stones throw away .
It's ironic as from 1996 - 2010 I used to spend every August in the student accommodation next door way before I could afford to stay Hilton.
THE HOTEL - obviously it will be refitted to a doubletree but it is fairly plush.....I've been inside for a coffee and the bar/restaurant area is very smart and luxurious looking, breakfast is in the basement I was told, parking at rear.......will be interesting to see how this develops, I'm often in Greenwich so will keep an eye on this.
Sounds like a welcome addition to Hilton.

The TA reviews are also quite positive. Looking forward to trying this one.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Sounds like a welcome addition to Hilton.

The TA reviews are also quite positive. Looking forward to trying this one.
Yep, changes to doubletree next month ( Feb 2017 )
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:16 am

This hotel becomes a doubletree as from 3rd Feb and is now taking reservations........I had a quick look at prices and seems fairly reasonable!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I must try the hotel- I like Greenwich a lot ;-0
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I must try the hotel- I like Greenwich a lot ;-0
Me too mate, Greenwich is my favourite place in London hands down, I spent many times there man and boy......... I have family and many friends on the Greenwich high road behind this hotel.
One thing you must do is have the " mixed meat fried noodles " at the tai won mein noodle house ( corner of deptford creek road ) , washed down with a pint of frulli ( strawberry beer ) in the gypsy moth pub opposite.
I know it sounds a bit random but I've gave this recommendation many times on my travels and everyone agreed!.....trust me on this!.
As for the hotel it's very plush, I do a Thames walk once a year every summer and I start from the park next door, making this hotel perfect......potentially becoming my new " Hilton Canary Wharf "
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
OOooh don't let Canary Wharf hear that!

I'm trying Doubletree Excel in a couple of weeks as a change, but am also a big fan of Canary Wharf.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Skimanant
OOooh don't let Canary Wharf hear that!

I'm trying Doubletree Excel in a couple of weeks as a change, but am also a big fan of Canary Wharf.
I'm leaning towards Canary Wharf for mid week stays from now on I think, lounge is zoo at weekends!....shame they have spoiled it.
I stayed at excel once last year on tour with public enemy......bagged a huge suite, it was amazing........ breakfast was good too.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm leaning towards Canary Wharf for mid week stays from now on I think, lounge is zoo at weekends!....shame they have spoiled it.
I stayed at excel once last year on tour with public enemy......bagged a huge suite, it was amazing........ breakfast was good too.
I'm here on the 3rd - will report back !
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
I'm here on the 3rd - will report back !
Good man!.....as always we look forward to your report !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.