Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I'm here tomorrow night guys ( Monday ) , I have two rooms booked as I'm taking my mother in law to London ( she's not been for many years ) , should reach around lunchtime.......booked two king guest rooms and so far no upgrade but it is early days as yet.......will report back !
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here tomorrow night guys ( Monday ) , I have two rooms booked as I'm taking my mother in law to London ( she's not been for many years ) , should reach around lunchtime.......booked two king guest rooms and so far no upgrade but it is early days as yet.......will report back !
It's day of travel and both rooms upgraded to queen deluxe, top flooor......should arrive around lunchtime........will report back!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:18 am
cjd

It's day of travel and both rooms upgraded to queen deluxe, top flooor......should arrive around lunchtime........will report back!
I'm always disappointed when I book a King bedded room and given a Queen bedded room. We much prefer the larger King beds. Look forward to your next report. This hotel is on our future possible list for stays in London.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
I'm always disappointed when I book a King bedded room and given a Queen bedded room. We much prefer the larger King beds. Look forward to your next report. This hotel is on our future possible list for stays in London.
Actually you have a good point there, the bed is smaller, I wouldn't care if I was on my own but my lady is with me.....king is better.

Arrived at noon, both rooms ready, kinda dumped cases and got boat to embankment to show my mother in law London ( I'm not married but you get the jist yeah ) .
Got back 6pm.....used gym ( two of everything, treadmills, x trainers, etc. ) , fairly quiet, one other guy in there......ok, the room .....it's a queen deluxe on the top floor, robes, slippers, complimentry mini bar ( no booze but two cokes, orange juice. Apple juice and two waters, knock on door just now, two hot choc sachets given ( nice touch! ) ..........off into Greenwich tonight for a meal but don't know where yet.
Forgot to mention two drink chits and breakfast vouchers given at check in, car parking is £17 and must be pre booked.... yeah I'm happy, it's all good!.....will report back!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Quite a few Hilton properties do it now and it's something I find quite annoying as usually other than a bathrobe and slippers there is nothing deluxe about things.

"Welcome Mr Chris, we have upgraded your room to a smaller bed"
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Quite a few Hilton properties do it now and it's something I find quite annoying as usually other than a bathrobe and slippers there is nothing deluxe about things.

"Welcome Mr Chris, we have upgraded your room to a smaller bed"
Bed was soft too!, much prefer the firm ones.

Went to bar for a drink before going out, had two drink chits ......these can be use for a pint of Amstel a glass of house wine or soft drinks....... I ordered two pints and a bitter lemon and gave him both chits, he sis to charge me for the bitter lemon, oh and they put some wasabi nuts on the table.
Got back at 11pm, did the sleep too well as bed soft......this morning gonna go for a run in gym and then breakfast, will report back!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:47 am

Bed was soft too!, much prefer the firm ones.

Went to bar for a drink before going out, had two drink chits ......these can be use for a pint of Amstel a glass of house wine or soft drinks....... I ordered two pints and a bitter lemon and gave him both chits, he sis to charge me for the bitter lemon, oh and they put some wasabi nuts on the table.
Got back at 11pm, did the sleep too well as bed soft......this morning gonna go for a run in gym and then breakfast, will report back!
Gym empty, back to room to shower ( no showers in Gym area but sweat towels and water station ) ........ shower in room is great with the monsoon concept however it's nearly impossible to shower without wetting the floor also the plug hole was slightly blocked so what started as a shower ended up being a bath .........breakfast was probably not the best selection but everything was hot and very tasty, this was taken at 9-15 and was around half full but by no means busy, This is in the basement of the hotel.....coffee machine was broken so only filter coffee available which wasn't too bad.
Checked out at 11am, this was fairly swift and I wasn't charged for parking, dunno if this is a new diamond perk or error but I didn't complain.....drive up to gate , press buzzer and I'm on my way!

CONCLUSION - we had a great stay, only minor issue was the blocked shower plug but that aside I felt looked after and more importantly my mother in law thought it was amazing ( apparently I'm a good boy I am ) this hotel is starting to grow on me!.......nice area too.....will be back!

ROOM NO - 903 & 902

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton garden inn - Luton north ( 30/7/17 )
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:03 am

Found a few £74 Honors Sale Rates and combining with the Avios and hotel bonus points offers rude not to return .
Hotel is a lot busier - my stay last Sunday the bar and restaurant area in the evening were the busiest I've observed .
Upgraded to 906 on last stay - box of chocs , aero hit choc sachets and stocked complimentary mini fridge .
Stayed in the bar until 11pm - had nibbles (haloumi and hummus focaccia with onion rings and salad - shared with my companion !)
Slept well and had breakfast at 7am - the Spanish tour group were in residence keeping the staff busy !
Back tonight - very busy at reception - preupgraded to 906 again was recognised by receptionist and given 907 as now available . Great suite and service .
Let's see how busy it is later !
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Found a few £74 Honors Sale Rates and combining with the Avios and hotel bonus points offers rude not to return .
Hotel is a lot busier - my stay last Sunday the bar and restaurant area in the evening were the busiest I've observed .
Upgraded to 906 on last stay - box of chocs , aero hit choc sachets and stocked complimentary mini fridge .
Stayed in the bar until 11pm - had nibbles (haloumi and hummus focaccia with onion rings and salad - shared with my companion !)
Slept well and had breakfast at 7am - the Spanish tour group were in residence keeping the staff busy !
Back tonight - very busy at reception - preupgraded to 906 again was recognised by receptionist and given 907 as now available . Great suite and service .
Let's see how busy it is later !
Good man!......I forgot to mention the chocs, little white box with ribbon?.....was in both my rooms booked........have you tried the wasabi nuts in the bar?...HOT!!!.......as always I'm enjoying your reports!....have a great stay.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
I've stayed here a couple of times and if you like fish and chips, or you're a tourist and want to try fish and chips, you have what was recently the number 1 ranked restaurant on TripAdvisor in London just a few minutes walk around the corner, The Golden Chippy!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by MrLee
I've stayed here a couple of times and if you like fish and chips, or you're a tourist and want to try fish and chips, you have what was recently the number 1 ranked restaurant on TripAdvisor in London just a few minutes walk around the corner, The Golden Chippy!
Yeah it's good !.........I know rishi ( the owner) fairly well , he also owns the golden cafe next door which doesn't the best sausage cheese and fried onion sandwich in south London ( I know this sounds random but very true ) .
I used to stay at student accommodation nextdoor every August for two weeks from 1996 to 2009.......another recommendation is "tai won mein " noodle house in Greenwich, best Chinese I've ever tasted and consistent......always choose duck fried noodles
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:20 am

Yeah it's good !.........I know rishi ( the owner) fairly well , he also owns the golden cafe next door which doesn't the best sausage cheese and fried onion sandwich in south London ( I know this sounds random but very true ) .
I used to stay at student accommodation nextdoor every August for two weeks from 1996 to 2009.......another recommendation is "tai won mein " noodle house in Greenwich, best Chinese I've ever tasted and consistent......always choose duck fried noodles
Yes those wasabi nuts - whoah !
Despite the hotel being busy at check relatively few in the bar - we left to go to Deptford High St - lots of great eateries by the station . Found a great cheese grill sandwhich place in the arches . There's a good vegan mini joint nearby too . Surprised how the area is improving - not really touristy but IMHO better places and value for money than Greenwich but guess most guests will venture in that direction
Agree about the chippy Wizla great friendly staff and food - always busy when I've walked post .
Up early (7am) breakfast was quiet - tried the fig bread (yum) and pleased to report coffee machine is now working .
Good friendly efficient service - they found me a copy of The Times and was offered a bag to take some fruit and muffins to go .
Anotger good solid staff - especially with the last minute suite upgrade !
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
also in deptford is little nan's bar which does great cocktails!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:49 am

Here tonight on a £74 Summer Sale Honours Rate . Hotel is now £165 and no Deluxe rooms or suites available when I last checked .
Upgraded to top floor 903 three days ago - guess they knew they would be nearly full .
Recognised at check in - given cookie and usual vouchers and two small boxes of chocolates .
Diamond members can now Spin The Wheel to win various prizes - discounts of restaurants , xtra points . I won a tin of cookies 🍪. Two other Diamond members won nada . Guess the hotel has caught on with Diamonds - Guy chatted with in the lift that he rarely gets allocated above the 7th floor - no suite upgrades either - looked at my feet sheepishly lol
Apparently drinks voucher can be applied as a £5 credit off any bar beverage .
Solid start and happy with Rate paid and last night of earning extra HHonors points for this hotel and extra Avios !
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:00 pm

Ha, I was in 903 during my last stay.....have fun mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.