Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Waldorf in orlando is one the best hotels ive stayed world wide.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
You also left out the Bonnet Creek Hilton & Waldorf=Astoria; they both offer new, great accommodations close to the parks...along with free shuttle service. They also have the kids eat free program...and awesome pools for young & old (including a great lazy river.)
Not sure what you mean by "left out the Bonnet Creek Hilton & Waldorf Astoria" as the op did include the Bonnet Creek options (both the Hilton and the Waldorf) and they were discussed/reviewed/recommended by some (see posts 1, 5, 6, & 8) .
Old May 26, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Rizla
Waldorf in orlando is one the best hotels ive stayed world wide.
I agree the Waldorf-BC is a great place especially for a business/convention traveler but, maybe, not the best option for a family trip whose main interest is WDW?
Old May 31, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Does anyone have a contact e-mail for this property? Perhaps the Executive Office?

I've been trying to query a charge on my bill from a stay a few weeks ago using the [email protected] e-mail address, but my messages are being ignored.

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond;
I have stayed at this property at least six times in the last two years. Mostly using points, but sometimes if the rate is cheap enough i will fork out the cash. It is a great property for families, I have always stayed at the Hilton and walked over to the WA for the pool if the BC LR pool is too crowded. The boys 13, 15, 17 enjoy the property and all of its amenities.

My post will be about the most recent stay as my wife and I only had two nights for a quick get a way to celebrate our anniversary. I did notify the hotel that it was our anniversary when booking and at check in they upgraded my points stay for a one king room to an executive level suite. Third time getting this upgrade and it is a very nice room with lots of space to spread out. Maybe a little much for two of us, but when traveling with the kids they get the living/dining combo and we get the bedroom.

At checkin I was given some free drink coupons and when we got upstairs they had a bottle of champagne on ice and a very nice platter of fruit and chocolate dipped strawberry's as well a very nice floral arrangement and congratulations card from the manager.

We ate one night at the Italian restaurant and told the hostess it was our anniversary and again a free round of drinks at the bar, a champagne toast and a free dessert.

I can't say enough about how well they took care of us for the three full days we stayed there.

The golf course at the WA was nice and in good shape but there are better in the area for less money. My wife is a beginner so playing the WA with not too many people on the course was a bonus.

The helicopter pad was in full use as there was a convention at the WA and some hotshots were flying in and out for meetings, pretty cool to see them land and take off.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by freqflyNW
Just to add my 2 cents.

I really like Homewood Suites on International Drive (near Universal).
The Manager is very attentive, breakfast is very good manager reception M-T is great.
Had a six-night stay there in relation to a convention I was attending.

This is the first Homewood I've ever been in which actually had a decently sized breakfast area. And it was packed all the time. The management was very attentive, though, and was setting up extra tables as needed and kept the tables cleaned as soon as they were vacated. Food was typical Homewood breakfast fare.

Staff was very nice and very helpful. My guess is that the property is 80% vacationers with children, and 20% convention attenders. The hotel's proximity to both red and green line I-Drive trolley is very handy.

Suite was spacious and immaculate. I was pretty impressed with how well they managed this large property. Price was very attractive too, and dropped $50/night from the time I had made the reservation a year go. So keep checking your reservations for price drops.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Hilton properties at Disney world?

I know this is age old but is the Hilton on propery the best value is DT or WA?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A search on 'Orlando, Disney' will yield some useful threads.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Hilton properties at Disney world?

I ended up booking the Hampton Inn in LBV for this November as it had good reviews, was fairly close to DW and didn't cost me a ton of points for 5 nights.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Centurion, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, US Plat Pref, AA Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis Presidents Club
Hilton bonnet creek is awesome. Great gym, pool area and great perks for gold/diamonds
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jpginmiami
Hilton bonnet creek is awesome. Great gym, pool area and great perks for gold/diamonds
Bonnet Creek is a great property, but be sure to factor in that you are paying both a daily resort fee and for parking. Adds almost $50 a day to the rate.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Do you have to pay the resort fee as a diamond?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:52 am

IMHO

This forum doesn't need another thread on this subject.

If you had done a forum search (i.e. for Orlando) you would have found many recent information rich threads already available. I'm sure they would answer your question/s. If not, posts in those thread would be more beneficial for everyone .... here's five such information rich threads on this subject:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...esort-fee.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-orlando.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...net-creek.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rld-visit.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

In any case, enjoy your WDW trip!

Last edited by jgxtrav1; Jul 28, 2013 at 8:01 am Reason: Added a thread reference
Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
MCO question

For an upcoming stay, there are two hotels next to each other at Gateway Village near the airport--a Hampton and a Homewood. The rate difference is $10 a night. From the websites, it seems like the room is a bit larger at the Homewood and the breakfast is a tiny bit nicer. Is that worth $10?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 3:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Absolutely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.