Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2000, 2:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

We will be going to Orlando in the summer of 2001. How far ahead should I try to book a hotel with my HHonors pts.? Which hotels should I ask for? Will the HHonors rep. offer me all the choices, or do I have to ask just the right questions? Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old May 12, 2000, 4:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
What with the addition of all the Promus properties there is no lack of properties within the Orlando area. I got my son and his girlfriend a Hampton Inn for 9 days on a Hilton award and it's right next to Universal Studios. I got it 2 months in advance. They go 12 June for basically a free vacation other than food. All properties are available as award stays you just have to check each one for dates etc. Good luck and have fun.

Cheers Scott
Old Feb 1, 2001, 11:29 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Can anyone recommend the best hotel in or around the Lake BV area to spend my Hhonors points ?

I plan to travel in May for 11 nights, and will probably have to pay some $$ also. : (

Your suggestions are appreciated : )
Old Mar 8, 2001, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Orlando in April: best bets?

I stay in hotels so often that I generally avoid them when on family vacations, but my wife & I want to take our two sons to see the upcoming STS-100 launch (assembly flight 5a for ISS) and to hang at Disney & Universal for a few days. What's my best bet for finding a property in MCO that I can use HH points at? I'd obviously prefer something at, or very close to, the Disney area (like the Hilton that's on the grounds) but I suspect availability may be tight.

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Check out this thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000942.html

As you'll see, I'm a big fan of Embassy Suites. I also have 2 kids and appreciate the extra room and privacy that the suite setup affords. The ES in Lake Buena Vista will be hard to get in April, but they also have a couple of properties on International Drive. There is also a Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista just down the street from the ES. There is also a very nice Doubletree resort in Disney Village and another about 10 minutes away in Kissimmee.

Good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 3:15 pm

Sometimes you can get a good enough deal in Orlando to NOT use your points. If you wait until you get to Orlando (or make a reservation for backup) go to the OFFICIAL Vistors Center on International Drive, and ask to see their "Black Book" of specials. This is where they record the hotels special of the day as they are called in based on particular hotels occupancy expectations. I did this and got the Embassy Suites on International drive for $59 a night. Of course I am sure its not available every day, but worth a check.
Cindi
Old Mar 10, 2001, 9:07 am

Skip the Doubletree on International drive. If you can find another hotel or try for a timeshare "demo". Bill
Old Mar 11, 2001, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Originally posted by omaprex:
Skip the Doubletree on International drive. If you can find another hotel or try for a timeshare "demo". Bill
Thanks to Priceline I bagged a room at the Hilton at Walt Disney World for $75/night. None of the Hilton properties had availability for rewards, period, so I figured this way I get a good room and some more HHonors points
Old Mar 11, 2001, 2:33 pm

You could try the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Orlando. If you attend the time-share presentation you get about 20,000 HH points and the facility is really nice. I have a coupons for 4 days 3 nights and 2 free disney or universal tickets for $198. If you are interested I would mail you a referral.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 8:15 pm

Disneyworld ES or Doubletree

Has anyone had any experiance at the DoubleTree main gate? I am looking into booking a family trip for next April, using the GLON award. Since I really want a suite I am considering the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista or the DoubleTree maingate in Kissime. Has anyone had experiance at either of these two properties? I found a few posts on FT that spoke highly of the ES, but not much on the doubletree. How close to disneyworld attractions are either of these?

Any advice or commentw would be greatly helpfull.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 11:23 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
The real advantage of the Embassy Suites is that you would not need a car to get around Disney World... since they give you Disney transportation. You are also walking distance to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island...

I would consider the Embassy Suites a better location in the park.. not certain on the features of each.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 6:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RoadWeary:
Has anyone had any experiance at the DoubleTree main gate? I am looking into booking a family trip for next April, using the GLON award. Since I really want a suite I am considering the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista or the DoubleTree maingate in Kissime. Has anyone had experiance at either of these two properties? I found a few posts on FT that spoke highly of the ES, but not much on the doubletree. How close to disneyworld attractions are either of these?

Any advice or commentw would be greatly helpfull.
</font>
Old Jul 25, 2001, 6:27 am

I have stayed at both locations. The embassy suites is much nicer and has a better location.

Old Jul 25, 2001, 8:06 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Another two points in favor of the ES are the full cooked-to-order breakfast and evening cocktail reception, both complimentary. Even if you do win the battle of the free breakfast at DT, more than likely it would not be extended to your whole family.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 8:33 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Using a GLON in April may prove to be difficult, since it's the middle of spring break season. I had a hard time getting into the ES on an award last year and only succeeded after pleading my case directly to the general manager of the hotel.

Plan early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.