Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
I've asked the moderators to move this to the Hilton forum. Do a search in that forum as people have discussed the various Hiltons in Orlando.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
My family & I had a great stay at the new Hilton Bonnet Creek -- there is an adjacent W-A in case you are going without the kids.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL, US Air, AA, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlynGyn
My family & I had a great stay at the new Hilton Bonnet Creek -- there is an adjacent W-A in case you are going without the kids.
I would echo the Bonnet Creek. I was just there for a Hilton World Wide trade show of all things, and the property was absolutely gorgeous.

If you will have a car and don't mind off property locations - I stay at the HGI on Palm Pkwy a lot. Probably the nicest HGI I've stayed in and it's a relatively new (less than 2 years old) property. It's very close to all of the restuarants and it's right off SR 535/Apopka Vineland which runs right to Downtown Disney/Epcot and all the restaurants and outlet shopping your heart desires. I've seen rates there anywhere from $69-$119, depending on the time of year, and in all honesty I'm shocked it doesn't go for much more than that.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: American 1 Million + Miles, Hilton HHonors Diamond, RCCL Diamond Plus
Hilton Disney

My wife and I are partial to the Disney Hilton. We can walk accross the street to Disney village and catch the shuttle to one of the hotels by Epcot and walk in the back way to the Park. Of course Just my opinion.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:46 am
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by TNGALINFLORIDA
I stay at the HGI on Palm Pkwy a lot. Probably the nicest HGI I've stayed in and it's a relatively new (less than 2 years old) property. It's very close to all of the restuarants and it's right off SR 535/Apopka Vineland which runs right to Downtown Disney/Epcot and all the restaurants and outlet shopping your heart desires. I've seen rates there anywhere from $69-$119, depending on the time of year, and in all honesty I'm shocked it doesn't go for much more than that.
This piqued my interest since I'm going in December and this sounded like a better option than what we had. I did a search but there is no HGI with a Palm Pkwy address. For those interested, it's called Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista/Orlando on Marbella Palm Ct.

I'll definitely consider it, thanks for the recommendation.

AGS
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Try the Orlando forum in Travel & Dining for a lot more about this property, the Bonnet Creek properties, and the Doubletree at downtown disney. There are threads about each of them.

RE Downtown Disney Hilton:

At the DT Disney Hilton, if you are HHonors Gold there is not much chance you will get upgraded to the executive floor. So instead of the HHonors lounge, your breakfast will be the continental buffet in the restaurant. Which is nice because it is a true continental breakfast, including cold cuts, cheeses, and smoked salmon. And even if you do get the room upgrade, IME this property is quite flexible regarding HHonors benefits, so it does not hurt to ask. In Jauary 2010, for example, my upgrade was to a junior suite -- definitely outside the boundaries of allowed upgrades, but I called ahead, asked, and received. Based on your parameters I'd call ahead and tell them that you want the continental breakfast instead of lounge access. Also try for a room 5th floor or higher. Views from lower floors are, in some cases, blocked by trees and/or convention center structures.

Also, the character breakfast on Sunday morning is the greatest bargain among character meals -- it is just the regular buffet price, which is zero if you have the continental breakfast voucher! Upgrade to full breakfast is just a few dollars.

Not sure they still do it, but as of January, kids were dining free in the Italian restaurant on site (but not the Benihana). Earl of Sandwich nearby in DT Disney has AAA discount. The 24-hour on-site pantry has good sandwiches and salads, and a microwave oven guests can use. If you ask, they'll put a 'fridge in your room.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
If I was staying with a family I would pick Bonnet Creek Hilton. Lazy River Pool, nice new hotel, shuttle service. It is attached to the W=A and the W=A offers a great restaurant and a nice golf club. Staying at Bonnet Creek is really the nicest hilton choice in the area.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
If staying at BonnetCreek - bring your own float toys. They upcharge to use the round air rings for their lazy river (maybe $5 per person per day, IIRC). If you are traveling as a family then maybe stupid stuff can really add up. I bought the coolest inflatable papasan at a WalMart (link: http://www.toysplash.com/Product/SpringFloatPapasan ) after I saw somebody else riding one at Bonnet Creek.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sallyerd
If staying at BonnetCreek - bring your own float toys. They upcharge to use the round air rings for their lazy river (maybe $5 per person per day, IIRC). If you are traveling as a family then maybe stupid stuff can really add up. I bought the coolest inflatable papasan at a WalMart (link: http://www.toysplash.com/Product/SpringFloatPapasan ) after I saw somebody else riding one at Bonnet Creek.
Also, the rings they rent for the lazy river are very big - too big for my 5-year-old niece to use. She had much more fun using a pool noodle.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at both places this week for a conference. Both properties are superb. I'm a SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond (used to be Hilton Diamond but quite Hilton years ago). But the next time I'm back in the area, I'll stay at the WA/HBC even with no status.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by seawolf
Just stayed at both places this week for a conference. Both properties are superb. I'm a SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond (used to be Hilton Diamond but quite Hilton years ago). But the next time I'm back in the area, I'll stay at the WA/HBC even with no status.
The spouse and I are talking about doing a free night at one or other at Christmas time. Which would you recommend for an anniversary stay? We don't have kids. Is one more "romantic" feeling than the other?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
The spouse and I are talking about doing a free night at one or other at Christmas time. Which would you recommend for an anniversary stay? We don't have kids. Is one more "romantic" feeling than the other?
The Waldorf is more Elegant and has fewer Children. Bear and Bull is there which is a higher end steak place. For Anniversary with no children would say WA
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Originally Posted by gallardo
Thanks all for the comparisons between the Swan and the WA. Sounds like my next trip to Orlando will be at the Waldorf!

Does anyone know what the Diamond amenity: "Discount at Hotel/Resort facility - either Spa, Golf or Restaurant" is at the Waldorf?
for the spa it is 15% of your services.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
The WA accomodations overview mentions that many of the rooms have dining areas with kitchen.

Can some FTers please provide details of the kitchen area--how well is it stocked in terms of cooking utensils, microwave, stove, refridgerator etc?

Also, I assume this added benefit is not available in standard rooms, correct?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
The WA accomodations overview mentions that many of the rooms have dining areas with kitchen.

Can some FTers please provide details of the kitchen area--how well is it stocked in terms of cooking utensils, microwave, stove, refridgerator etc?

Also, I assume this added benefit is not available in standard rooms, correct?

To my knowledge, there were (almost) none of the amenities that you speak of. I had reserved a standard room but was upgraded (gold) to one of the suites. By my measure, this particular WA has a fairly hefty amount of suite-to-regular room ratio. That said, my ~1000 sq. ft. suite was one of the best I've ever encountered.

Speaking to your post, it had a dining table but nothing in the way of a cooking area or even microwave. It did have a nice fridge, wet bar area and Nespresso maker. Again, I would highly recommend this place. Super on all levels, but skip the spa (and the cheesy music that plays throughout the hotel/pool). The Boca Resort/Boca Beach Club Spa is much better in this regard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.