Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We just finished DT Dublin, W-A Amsterdam, Berlin Hilton, Krakow HGI, Warsaw Hilton and DT Victoria London - we received suites in Amsterdam and Berlin without saying a word at check in.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
HILTON ROTTERDAM
Rotterdam Carnaval weekend, hotel very busy but all room types show bookable as late as 7pm day before!
Very happy, delighted even, as was my very good friend and her guest who i reserved a 2nd room for under my HH account.

o booked basic room as 1 adult for me
o later booked another 2nd basic room as 2adults to add additional guest name for a friend to stay too and check in before i reached Rotterdam, booked 7pm day before our stays

o Very Late on evening before, 11pm+ both rooms pre-upgraded
2x adult booking upgraded as - king suite
1x adult booking upgraded as - king junior suite

o arrived +checked in 30mins apart, my friend arrived first with her friend/guest.
o friend checked in , in my absence with another of her friends added as guest for her room, friend got the king suite and room was switched out of my name/folio...as that was only room/reservation with her name on it, she got king suite instead of the junior suite.
o i then arrived, checked in 30mins later but reception could not see on system which of two rooms my friend got. I ended up with a second king suite on different floor rather than the apparently hotel planned upgrades to adjoining king suite + junior suite rooms.

o ++ Hotel extended lounge access and restaurant breakfast to friends room too.
o ++ 2pm extended checkout for both suites, no questions asked.

ps
totally different experience as HH-D stay, than a HH-G, as when staying as a gold i never received any upgrade even though hotel no full and rooms still being available to book
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
HILTON BARCELONA DIAGNAL MAR - booked king guest room, pre upgraded to junior suite the night before and received junior suite on arrival

HILTON LONDON METROPOLE - booked king deluxe , told upon check in I was upgraded to the thackery suite.

HILTON DOCKLANDS RIVERSIDE - booked family room, preugaded to king Hilton apartment , and received it.

HILTON WEMBLEY - booked king guest room , requested room 530 ( junior suite) and received this upon check in

This has to be the best run of suite upgrades ive ever had....couldn't believe my luck!!!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Nice run Wizla!
To compare-
Hilton Gatwick family room no upgrade, but use of lounge.
Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa corner suite- excellent treatment here too.
Hilton Florence executive room- not a city view, corner room or suite.
Hilton Garden Inn Venice no upgrade.
Hilton Molino Stuckey family suite to grand deluxe suite.
Hilton Gatwick family room no upgrade- had to push for water etc both times!

I feel Wizla got the "Diamond treatment"....................

Last edited by Skimanant; Aug 21, 2014 at 1:26 am
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Washington Hilton-Washington DC

Booked king room on corporate rate and upgraded to presidential suite^^ Also given 6 p.m. checkout with no problem
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
Hilton Waikiki Beach Upgrade success

July 25-August 2
A little late, but happy to report, I booked a Standard King Room - Mountain View using MVP Rate, did on-line check-in the night prior, and my room was already selected. I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite (3707) - Ocean View Room for my 8 night stay.

Was pleasantly surprised. We stay at this property 3-4 times a year for business and never happened.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Nice run Wizla!
To compare-
Hilton Gatwick family room no upgrade, but use of lounge.
Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa corner suite- excellent treatment here too.
Hilton Florence executive room- not a city view, corner room or suite.
Hilton Garden Inn Venice no upgrade.
Hilton Molino Stuckey family suite to grand deluxe suite.
Hilton Gatwick family room no upgrade- had to push for water etc both times!

I feel Wizla got the "Diamond treatment"....................
yes mate, think it was a freak of luck though.....still, can't moan!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just realized I should probably list my upgrades from this past weekend, I am so unused to getting any decent upgrades. At the Waldorf Chicago, I was upgraded from an Astoria Suite to a Luxury Suite and at the Conrad Chicago, I was upgraded from a Deluxe Suite to an Executive Suite. I realize these are more or less one category upgrades, but I very rarely get a real upgrade (other than a better floor/view) when its already a suite.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Checkers LA

Booked cheapest room on MVP rate and given a great suite upgrade.

This hotel is great with upgrades and on more than one occasion they have mentioned the number of nights I have with Hilton and have stated they give upgrade priority to people with a lot of nights.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Basel

Booked a standard room for one week-end night and got a junior suite. The first time ever at this hotel. A very nice gesture.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton BKK Sukhumvit

Booked King Room
Upgraded to executive plus King room
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Jackson, MI Hilton

Booked a king at corporate rate. Upgraded to presidential suite! Other than the way overcrowded exec lounge, perfect stay.

That should be Hilton Jackson, Mississippi not Michigan
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA-GS - MM, Hilton-Diamond,SPG-Gold,National-Ex. Elite, Hyatt -Plat.
In four years, only upgraded once.......to a jr. suite - Sao Paulo, never in US
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hilton Newark Airport

Totally shocked, I didn't even know this hotel *had* suites. It's also recently-renovated.

Anyway, booked regular old King room, expected a standard upgrade to the "Executive Floor" (12th). Wound up with an upgrade to suite 1206. It's two rooms that were converted via the adjoining door into a suite with a bedroom, two bathrooms, huge living room/dining room, wet bar, and lots of updated semi-fancy looking furniture.

Oh, and three shower caps in the bathroom. YEAH BABY!

Neil
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, LT Marriott Plat
Hilton Prag

King room to Juniorsuite . First suite there for me after around 10 stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.