Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:59 pm
Company Representative - Conrad Maldives

Hi All,

For your reference, the updated island map can now be found on the website here:

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...out/index.html

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...p_Dec_2014.pdf

The fitness centre is now above the shopping piazza and in its place is now Ufaa by Jereme Leung.

As you have already discussed, snorkel equipment is available to borrow on a complimentary basis from the Dive Centre and you can simply pick up your gear on one day and then keep it for the remainder of your holiday, until you depart. This is the same for life jackets from the Water Sports Centre, should anyone wish to borrow one!

Looks like you have most of the other information covered - you are one very knowledgeable forum! But if there's anything more you need answers to or any other info you'd like put on the website then just let us know...as I'm sure you will do anyway!

Merry Christmas!

CM
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ConradMaldives
Merry Christmas!CM
Merry Christmas to you, also, CM, and to all my favorite people on Rangali Island.

Bamboola (Amy)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Hi All,

For your reference, the updated island map can now be found on the website here:

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...out/index.html

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...p_Dec_2014.pdf

The fitness centre is now above the shopping piazza and in its place is now Ufaa by Jereme Leung.

As you have already discussed, snorkel equipment is available to borrow on a complimentary basis from the Dive Centre and you can simply pick up your gear on one day and then keep it for the remainder of your holiday, until you depart. This is the same for life jackets from the Water Sports Centre, should anyone wish to borrow one!

Looks like you have most of the other information covered - you are one very knowledgeable forum! But if there's anything more you need answers to or any other info you'd like put on the website then just let us know...as I'm sure you will do anyway!

Merry Christmas!

CM
Is there any new equipment in the gym? If so any photos please?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:49 am

Hi and Merry Xmas, CM! We thought you had disappeared. Sorry to be a right pain but I've compiled a list of outstanding questions/issues and requests etc.
  1. Originally Posted by Unique name?
    ...were the SWV's refurbished during the construction of the third island?
    Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
    AFAIK nothing was done to the any of the OWVs at the resort during the closure. CM can give the final word on this if she's around.
  2. Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
    @ CM.

To add to the above, could we please have email addresses (and names if possible) for the following departments/department heads so FT members can email those departments directly to ask questions/make bookings etc:
    * Spa Manager
    * Restaurant Bookings
    * SubAqua
    * Non-motorized watersports centre
    * Director of F&B
    and any others you think would be useful.

Thanks!
    If you don't have time to do it I can try to complete the list on the Wiki. Pls let me know.

3. Re: Ex-DropBox info available on Conrad's website;
    Hi MaldivesFreak,

All of our menus, images and descriptions are on the website at present so you should be able to find everything you need. Which information were you looking for specifically?
    Only English menus are available even though they are done in more than five languages. Would be great to have access to all of them like we did with the DropBox.
    Also, when can we expect the WaterSports PDF (which includes info and prices for the X-Jetpack) on the website and if the Conrad Maldives Festive Season 2014 PDF is going to be made available in the next few days (and every year) for guests staying over Xmas & New Years. So far no-one seems to have gotten it except me which leads us to believe that guests are only getting to see this upon arrival (which is rather disappointing considering the special events and cancellations of others). Please see this post for reference.

4. Re: Non-motorized WaterSports
    Originally Posted by Kellytx
    5) Is it true you have to pay to paddle board????
    Originally Posted by ddkrules
    5) Yes, so we were told by our island host on arrival.
    Originally Posted by modgepodgetea
    I noticed in this thread some talk about renting a minisailboat or catamaran for free.....I cannot find a price list or a confirmation of this.....I'd love to find out if anyone knows anything more about this activity and its prices.
    Originally Posted by modgepodgetea
    I've confirmed that the catamarans and windsurf gear is all free to rent after you've done an introductory/orientation course and check-out with an instructor. I'm not sure how much the check-out is, but I'd imagine ~$90 based on the prices to do an hour-long lesson.
  5. Originally Posted by Unique name?
    Does anyone remember how their spend (Sea Plane, Restuarants etc.) was counted with regard HH points?
    Seaplane (and water sports) are not counted.....The rest (room, F&B, Spas etc) all count.
    Can you please confirm the above and also that expenses for all excursions are included and expenditure at any of the shops and the Dive Centre are not included as incidentals.

6. Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
    CM, what's this object on the beach? Is it something to do with the renovations earlier this year or is it a new permanent fixture? Tks.

Image from Google Earth
  7. Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
    Did anyone recently do the All-Day sailing cruise on the Rangali Rani?
    Once upon a time it was a combination of fishing trip, beach bbq, Champagne Cruise, picnic, snorkeling, etc
    Just wondering if the cruise is still like this?
  8. Originally Posted by Private Pyle
    Does anyone have any pictures of the new/moved gym please?
    I know where it's moved to but haven't seen any pics yet.
    Originally Posted by Private Pyle
  9. Originally Posted by modgepodgetea
    Has anyone done the yoga? Any comments? Does anyone know if the 2 person min. is usually met?
  10. Originally Posted by Conrad's Website
    Ithaa Undersea Restaurant will be closed from 23 - 26 January, 2015 for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and invite you to enjoy the resorts 11 other restaurants and bars.
    Will there be any noticible changes to the restaurant?

11. Majaa Kids Club: There was a post on TripAdvisor about this and Lyle (GM) replied saying they were in the process of consulting a British kids club to design new activities and programmes for the children. Please advise whether there have been any changes there so I can update the Wiki. Thanks.

Note: Wiki updated to include:
1. Maps (both old and new)
2. Info about the X-Jetpack under the heading Unique Attractions
3. Clarified contact info & formatting
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:58 pm

Wow - what a post! Lots of questions, but I'll do my best to answer them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique name? View Post
1. ...were the SWV's refurbished during the construction of the third island? No, during the latest round of refurbishments, the main changes were made to the team member accommodation in that we moved the majority of these facilities to the new 3rd island in order to make more space in the guest areas. The Beach Villas also underwent soft refurbishment and are continuing to be updated gradually on an ongoing basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak View Post
AFAIK nothing was done to the any of the OWVs at the resort during the closure. CM can give the final word on this if she's around. As above, nothing major was changed to OWVs during the closure, but soft refurbishments will be rolled out gradually moving forward.
Quote:
@ CM.

To add to the above, could we please have email addresses (and names if possible) for the following departments/department heads so FT members can email those departments directly to ask questions/make bookings etc: All Spa, Restaurant, hotel and other reservations or enquiries can be directed to [email protected] whilst SubAqua can be reached at [email protected] and watersports at [email protected]
* Spa Manager
* Restaurant Bookings
* SubAqua
* Non-motorized watersports centre
* Director of F&B
and any others you think would be useful.

Thanks!
If you don't have time to do it I can try to complete the list on the Wiki. Pls let me know.

Re: Ex-DropBox info available on Conrad's website;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradMaldives View Post
Hi MaldivesFreak,

All of our menus, images and descriptions are on the website at present so you should be able to find everything you need. Which information were you looking for specifically?
Only English menus are available even though they are done in more than five languages. Would be great to have access to all of them like we did with the DropBox.
Also, when can we expect the WaterSports PDF (which includes info and prices for the X-Jetpack) on the website and if the Conrad Maldives Festive Season 2014 PDF is going to be made available in the next few days (and every year) for guests staying over Xmas & New Years. So far no-one seems to have gotten it except me which leads us to believe that guests are only getting to see this upon arrival (which is rather disappointing considering the special events and cancellations of others). Please see this post for reference.

We are in the process of uploading the watersports pricelist to the website, so will update you once it has gone live. The Festive Brochure is also available in PDF format and a printed copy will be given to guests upon arrival as well.

Re: Non-motorized WaterSports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellytx View Post
5) Is it true you have to pay to paddle board???? There are a variety of stand up paddle board options, starting at $25 per hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddkrules View Post
5) Yes, so we were told by our island host on arrival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modgepodgetea View Post
I noticed in this thread some talk about renting a minisailboat or catamaran for free.....I cannot find a price list or a confirmation of this.....I'd love to find out if anyone knows anything more about this activity and its prices. Yes, you can hire a catamaran without a skipper free of charge
Quote:
I've confirmed that the catamarans and windsurf gear is all free to rent after you've done an introductory/orientation course and check-out with an instructor. I'm not sure how much the check-out is, but I'd imagine ~$90 based on the prices to do an hour-long lesson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique name? View Post
Does anyone remember how their spend (Sea Plane, Restuarants etc.) was counted with regard HH points?
Quote:
Seaplane (and water sports) are not counted.....The rest (room, F&B, Spas etc) all count.
Can you please confirm the above and also that expenses for all excursions are included and expenditure at any of the shops and the Dive Centre are not included as incidentals.

Quote:
CM, what's this object on the beach? Is it something to do with the renovations earlier this year or is it a new permanent fixture? Tks. Believe this was a temporary structure during the closure - it's certainly not there anymore!

Image from Google Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt View Post
Did anyone recently do the All-Day sailing cruise on the Rangali Rani?
Once upon a time it was a combination of fishing trip, beach bbq, Champagne Cruise, picnic, snorkeling, etc
Just wondering if the cruise is still like this? We can always create bespoke excursions to include all activities such as this, but we do still offer things like the Dream Island excursion, Island hopping and trip to a local fishing village which all aim to include as much as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the new/moved gym please?
I know where it's moved to but haven't seen any pics yet. We don't have any new photos, but it is similar to the previous gym in terms of equipment etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
Quote:
Has anyone done the yoga? Any comments? Does anyone know if the 2 person min. is usually met? This is usually met and we try to accommodate all yoga requests where possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad's Website
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant will be closed from 23 - 26 January, 2015 for maintenance. We apologise for the inconvenience and invite you to enjoy the resorts 11 other restaurants and bars.
Will there be any noticible changes to the restaurant? Nothing major, just some standard maintenance work!

Majaa Kids Club: There was a post on TripAdvisor about this and Lyle (GM) replied saying they were in the process of consulting a British kids club to design new activities and programmes for the children. Please advise whether there have been any changes there so I can update the Wiki. Thanks. Still in progress, but any major updates will be shared on our website along with other channels where appropriate

Note: Wiki updated to include:
1. Maps (both old and new)
2. Info about the X-Jetpack under the heading Unique Attractions
3. Clarified contact info & formatting

Hope this is all useful!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:28 pm

Great, thanks.

There are still a couple of things though;

* I see in the weekly planner there is still the All-Day cruise on the Rangali Raani (10AM - 4PM) for $350. What's included in this?
* If we hire a catamaran with a skipper, what would be the cost?
* Could you please clarify what's included as incidentals out of the following; shopping at Island Breeze or any other shop, all water sports, Dive Centre expenses/dive packages etc, products at the spa, i.e; things that the ladies can take home with them as opposed to treatments, and all excursions.

Thanks a bunch!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:39 am

Thank you for the resort/island maps !

Another Q that you might be able to answer- do you know whether the Twin beds actually are twins or are doubles/full. We have always booked King. the one time we did the Family/Spa/Retreat villa, the girls seemed perfectly comfortable in their 2 beds but I don't recall the size - more than adequate for one teenager.

However, we will be traveling with friends who have a child with them. The wife asked me whether twin meant twin or double/full. I do not have an answer.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:08 am

I've just had a look at the Water Sports PDF and under Catamaran Sailing and Windsurfing and it says "Private Lesson 1 Hour US$ 95.00 per person" (before taxes).

Unfortunately, there is one non-motorized activity that they charge for equipment rental and that is Stand Up Paddleboarding. Prices are below.

Private Lesson 1 Hour US$ 50.00++
Board Hire 1 Hour US$ 25.00++
Board Hire 4 Hours US$ 60.00++
Board Hire 1 Week US$ 250.00++

Beats me why they would charge for something like that. Could it be that they have only one board?!

And on another note, they sent the Festive Season Planner by email today and it looked like they were sending it to all guests. Anyone else get one?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
I've just had a look at the Water Sports PDF and under Catamaran Sailing and Windsurfing and it says "Private Lesson 1 Hour US$ 95.00 per person" (before taxes).

Unfortunately, there is one non-motorized activity that they charge for equipment rental and that is Stand Up Paddleboarding. Prices are below.

Private Lesson 1 Hour US$ 50.00++
Board Hire 1 Hour US$ 25.00++
Board Hire 4 Hours US$ 60.00++
Board Hire 1 Week US$ 250.00++

Beats me why they would charge for something like that. Could it be that they have only one board?!

And on another note, they sent the Festive Season Planner by email today and it looked like they were sending it to all guests. Anyone else get one?
Yup, received the season planner myself.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:06 am

Good to see they have added a small table to replace the shelf that was sitting between the outdoor bathroom vanity units. Check out the pic

Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:33 am
Suspended

QUOTE WITH LARGE PHOTO REMOVED BY MOD

So you're on vacation at a nice resort in the Maldives and a small change in ancillary furniture warrants a post on FT? Nothing else catches your eye in the Maldives? If that's the case it's even odder that you appear not to have noticed the purple walls, which I'm pretty sure are a new addition.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:35 am

Might pay to read the thread. Oh wait...it's wan1dap II
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Might pay to read the thread. Oh wait...it's wan1dap II
Apologies, hadn't seen the earlier diatribe. Wow! Merry Christmas, and do have a look outside occasionally!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:08 pm

Great, thanks.

There are still a couple of things though;

* I see in the weekly planner there is still the All-Day cruise on the Rangali Raani (10AM - 4PM) for $350. What's included in this? This price includes charter of Rangali Raani and also lunch. Prior to departure you can speak to the team about what you would like to do during your trip, so you can go snorkelling, cruising around islands etc or whatever you wish to.
* Could you please clarify what's included as incidentals out of the following; shopping at Island Breeze or any other shop, all water sports, Dive Centre expenses/dive packages etc, products at the spa, i.e; things that the ladies can take home with them as opposed to treatments, and all excursions. HH points are calculated from your total spend on your final bill

Thanks a bunch!
^
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
HH points are calculated from your total spend on your final bill
Is this new? I thought there were of bunch of things excluded from receiving points for, such as the seaplane transfer, dive center activities, etc...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.