Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:56 am

You mean the sand in the Wine & Cheese Bar? New Zealand. They also bring in the sand for the reception areas and Atoll Market from other islands in the Maldives but I don't know which ones exactly. Wouldn't surprise me if the Maldives have sand grinders somewhere, too.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You mean the sand in the Wine & Cheese Bar? New Zealand. They also bring in the sand for the reception areas and Atoll Market from other islands in the Maldives but I don't know which ones exactly. Wouldn't surprise me if the Maldives have sand grinders somewhere, too.
Yes, I know about the volcanic sand in the wine and cheese bar. I meant on the beach. I could have sworn beach sand was brought in from XYZ on occasion, but I forgot where.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:37 pm

Upgrade rates for this December for an Honors Gold:
Beach Villa to the Deluxe Beach Villa - USD 280.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Water Villa - USD 175.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Superior Water Villa - USD 245.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Retreat Water Villa - USD 385.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Deluxe Water Villa - USD 490.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Premier Water Villa - USD 980.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax

Now I just need to figure out which one to go with. I like the look of the Deluxe Water Villa, but might just spring for the Premier Water Villa as this will likely be a one and done trip to the Maldives.

Last edited by brodielayne; Apr 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm Reason: Added more
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Hi guys, just booked a 5 night stay in July using points (beach villa), and wanted to know how to go about upgrading my room to an overwater villa.

During the reservation, in the additional notes section I added that I am coming to the Maldives for my honeymoon and would like to request an upgrade but will the hotel contact me or should I just contact them to process the upgrade?

Thanks for the wonderful info in this thread, it really made my research easier! Lots of great info here and looking forward to visiting the Maldives.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Upgrade rates for this December for an Honors Gold:
Beach Villa to the Deluxe Beach Villa - USD 280.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Water Villa - USD 175.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Superior Water Villa - USD 245.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Retreat Water Villa - USD 385.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Deluxe Water Villa - USD 490.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Beach Villa to the Premier Water Villa - USD 980.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax

Now I just need to figure out which one to go with. I like the look of the Deluxe Water Villa, but might just spring for the Premier Water Villa as this will likely be a one and done trip to the Maldives.
If the pool size and maybe the bath is/are important to you then take the PWV, otherwise the DWV. The doubling of that $490++ is a lot. That's my 2c.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Hi guys, just booked a 5 night stay in July using points (beach villa), and wanted to know how to go about upgrading my room to an overwater villa.

During the reservation, in the additional notes section I added that I am coming to the Maldives for my honeymoon and would like to request an upgrade but will the hotel contact me or should I just contact them to process the upgrade?

Thanks for the wonderful info in this thread, it really made my research easier! Lots of great info here and looking forward to visiting the Maldives.
See my post about upgrades. It's linked in my posts at the bottom. Whatever you go for, you'll need to contact the reservations department to arrange it.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Yes, I know about the volcanic sand in the wine and cheese bar. I meant on the beach. I could have sworn beach sand was brought in from XYZ on occasion, but I forgot where.
AFAICR nothing about bringing in sand for beaches has been mentioned in the last 5 years or so of this thread.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 15, 2017 at 12:54 am
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:48 am

If the pool size and maybe the bath is/are important to you then take the PWV, otherwise the DWV. The doubling of that $490++ is a lot. That's my 2c.
I was looking forward to your take. Thank You MaldivesFreak
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:36 am

Quick question. The rates you quoted are for High Season in December, not Festive Season in December, correct?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Quick question. The rates you quoted are for High Season in December, not Festive Season in December, correct?
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I was looking forward to your take. Thank You MaldivesFreak
I would also add that the two Premiere Water Villas are right next to one another (or maybe attached?). The Deluxe Water Villas are spaced further apart and you are less likely to be bothered by your neighbors.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
I would also add that the two Premiere Water Villas are right next to one another (or maybe attached?). The Deluxe Water Villas are spaced further apart and you are less likely to be bothered by your neighbors.
Yes Maldivesfreak.

Thanks Michael, I thought that was the situation and now that you have validated I will go with the Deluxe.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
See my post about upgrades. It's linked in my posts at the bottom. Whatever you go for, you'll need to contact the reservations department to arrange it.
Fantastic thanks for that information. I really appreciate it! ^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:39 pm

Just wanted to say, you have a lot of informative posts and I thank you very much for that. As it is my first time visiting the Maldives, you have made gathering information and researching much easier!

After perusing through a few of your posts, I wanted to get your opinion on what WV to select (I am sure you have been asked this a ton, so please indulge me):

1. We are staying for 5 nights, low season, and hopefully have some good negotiating power as far as the upgrade cost is concerned.

2. Looking for some privacy, don't want to be bothered by noise/kids (nothing against kids but want to enjoy our honeymoon to the max since its immediately after our wedding).

3. I like the PWV, DWV and SWV based on the layout, however would like some input on this if you wouldn't mind. We would also like to be on the sunset side.

I appreciate any information you could provide, and again thanks for the informative posts! ^^^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Just wanted to say, you have a lot of informative posts and I thank you very much for that. As it is my first time visiting the Maldives, you have made gathering information and researching much easier!

After perusing through a few of your posts, I wanted to get your opinion on what WV to select (I am sure you have been asked this a ton, so please indulge me):

1. We are staying for 5 nights, low season, and hopefully have some good negotiating power as far as the upgrade cost is concerned.

2. Looking for some privacy, don't want to be bothered by noise/kids (nothing against kids but want to enjoy our honeymoon to the max since its immediately after our wedding).

3. I like the PWV, DWV and SWV based on the layout, however would like some input on this if you wouldn't mind. We would also like to be on the sunset side.

I appreciate any information you could provide, and again thanks for the informative posts! ^^^
As MaldivesFreak noted above, PWVs are attached. You run the small risk of noisy neigbors, which would be more significant with such close proximity. SWV appear nice, but less spaced out that DWV. We had a DWV for a few nights and loved it.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
As MaldivesFreak noted above, PWVs are attached. You run the small risk of noisy neigbors, which would be more significant with such close proximity. SWV appear nice, but less spaced out that DWV. We had a DWV for a few nights and loved it.
Thank you very much for the input, and yes I just saw what a previous poster said about the DWV. They are bigger and more spaced out than the SWV so I think now my choices are down to the DWV or PWV, and maybe the SunWV depending on how much those cost and what the price difference is between the 3.

Again, thank you for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.