Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:12 pm

Sorry if I missed this-- what's killings the coral? Is it is the snorkelers? Developers? This rapid decay seems out of proportion to elsewhere.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Sorry if I missed this-- what's killings the coral? Is it is the snorkelers? Developers? This rapid decay seems out of proportion to elsewhere.
If it's bleached then it's likely rising temperature in the sea. This is the issue on the great barrier reef as well.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Originally Posted by nyc100
Regrettably the corals are mostly dead, though slowly recovering now from what I'm told. Let me try post some photos when I get a chance.

My wife and I were saddened with how badly the house reef suffered from El Niño. Having said that, I still manage to spot an octopus about an hour ago, and also yesterday.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by KL808
Is the pre booking contact in the wiki still up to date?

Is there an alternate person to send pre bookings to?

Thanks
Should be. Are you not getting a response? You can just send it to the General Enquiries address ([email protected]) if all else fails.

And thanks for the pics, nyc100!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
NYC100, what type of camera did you use for those pictures?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 3:19 pm

Changing dates

Hi, I'm currently waiting to disembark our etihad flight for our honeymoon which has been cancelled due to a technical fault. I now can not get to mle until 29th December, a day later than our 6 day booking. Does anyone have any experience or an email contact that could possibly help in shifting our reservation by a day.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by westers
Hi, I'm currently waiting to disembark our etihad flight for our honeymoon which has been cancelled due to a technical fault. I now can not get to mle until 29th December, a day later than our 6 day booking. Does anyone have any experience or an email contact that could possibly help in shifting our reservation by a day.

Thanks in advance
AFAIK points bookings and discounted rates are not changeable so at the resort level they will probably not be able to help you. If you have a flexible rate then you might be in luck. Your best bet is to email Moli Rajeev the Reservations Manager. Her email is in the wiki. Or you could call the resort on +960 668 0629.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 27, 2016 at 7:08 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:31 am

Thanks, Hilton and the Conrad have been excellent and have moved my dates
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:51 am

Congrads! Enjoy your honeymoon!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:47 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Excellent outcome ^

Well done Conrad
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:53 am

This is great to know. Who did it for you? The resort itself or HHonors customer service?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:34 am

Here's a wild stab in the dark. westers is a Diamond and called the DD to get it sorted out. The DD then called Rangali and told them to fix it (provided they had the same category room available, of course). Hot or cold?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Here's a wild stab in the dark. westers is a Diamond and called the DD to get it sorted out. The DD then called Rangali and told them to fix it (provided they had the same category room available, of course). Hot or cold?
I have found that hotels can be quite reasonable about changing nonrefundable dates if the airline cancels your flight to the hotel. Westers probably wasn't the only hotel guest scheduled to arrive on that flight. Even though a hotel "could" keep your $700 for the night you booked and missed due to a flight cancellation, it would just be a terrible business practice.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:33 pm

Or keep your $5k.....

I suppose, in a location such as that, they'd be more accommodating to guests. I wonder if being a HHonors member would make a difference and you'd get preferential treatment over someone who just booked at a travel agent. There probably is some internal policy that outsiders don't know about but we can only speculate.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 28, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I've found Hilton to be incredibly supportive of issues like this one. When I saw the original post, I had no doubt that they would make the change for the poster.

Here is one of my prior experiences with Hilton, fwiw. Won me over for life as a customer. Good business decision on Hilton's part and the right thing to do.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...w-resolve.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.