Search

Hilton Brooklyn New York {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Arrow Hilton Brooklyn New York {US-NY}

My first ever thread opening.

Last night at new Hilton Brooklyn and as there wasn't a own thread regarding this hotel so I'll start;

The hotel facilities itself were super nice, as this is a brand new hotel. We were here on the day seven, and unfortenately you could easily notice that the staff (all very friendly and nice though) were still learning how to run a hotel.

At check-in my hhonors Gold tier was noticed, but the benefits were not presented; no mention about the complimentary breakfast, upgrade or exec lounge. We had to ask for the brekkie vouchers at the morning.

The breakfast area & restaurant is apparently been run by another company. The toaster burnt the bread almost causing smoke. We presented our vouchers and we were told that "we are all good". Little did I know; at check-out I noticed that breakfast was invoiced and I reclamated but they had already invoiced my credit card before I even had a chance to approve the bill. There was no one at that shift who could have credited the incorrect invoice , so I had to pay for the breakfast! Still waiting for the amended invoice and the return regarding the invoiced brekkie.

The exec lounge was small but nicely decorated. But No service there as they were still running the service up. The computers weren't working either, so the surplus of the exec lounge was next to nothing.

The hotel is centrally located near metro and restaurants&shops, but the hotel has only six floors so no magnificient NY-views like Millenium offers. Everything was brand new but the lack of service + the invoicing mess at the end left us pretty unhappy.

Last edited by Karjaluokka; Dec 7, 2016 at 3:12 am
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
The exec lounge was small but nicely decorated.
Is there actually a lounge? Because they don't appear to be selling executive level rooms if I go to make a booking, and it's not advertised on the amenities & services tab of the website.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Is there actually a lounge? Because they don't appear to be selling executive level rooms if I go to make a booking, and it's not advertised on the amenities & services tab of the website.
It was stated in the hotel folder that both golds and diamonds get the exec lounge access. Haven't seen so clear exec -policy been in written , kudos!

I posted some Photos covering the room and the lounge to TA , I'll try to add the link here.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:37 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
It was stated in the hotel folder that both golds and diamonds get the exec lounge access. Haven't seen so clear exec -policy been in written , kudos!
Was the lounge open for breakfast? If so, I wonder why the hotel gave you breakfast vouchers instead of directing you to the lounge? (In the US, it's rare for Hilton family hotels to allow breakfast in the hotel restaurant for Golds/Diamonds if there is a lounge open.)
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

The lounge wasn't yet open for breakfast/or evening snacks,
they offered nothing there.

Here is a pic from the lounge;

https://www.tripadvisor.fi/Hotel_Rev...et=-1&filter=2
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Brooklyn...

The hipsters can have it (says a grandson of Bay Ridge)
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had breakfast in the lounge this morning. There are some space issues with limited seating, but they are sending overflow guests to an adjoining dining room for seating. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, assorted pastries, cereals, yogurts and juice, and staff was very visible clearing dishes or asking guests if they needed anything. Thought they did a pretty good job with that they have to work with in terms of space. They were checking off room numbers as you entered through the restaurant.

The hotel occupies the lower six floors of their building with residential above that. My room on the fifth floor:

I did pop into the lounge for the evening offerings last night and the only item available was spring rolls. They had a small counter top refrigerator with soft drinks and water, but by the time I arrived there wasn't any Diet Coke or Coke Zero. There was one can of Coke and about 4 cans of other drinks, 3 of which were Sprite. Didn't notice any employees in my short visit there, and just walked right in off the restaurant area. Think they have some work to do here.

This is about half of the lounge (the other half, behind me, has a long counter type table for six, a single table for two, and a computer workstation):

Couldn't get any photos of the breakfast items as there were just too many people coming and going. The few photos I took, mostly from last night, are here:
https://tom911.smugmug.com/Hotels/Hilton-family-hotels
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Will be staying there in a week, will be sure to post a review as well (will be curious to check out the lounge, this is one of the few in NYC that offer it).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Any recent status breakfast experience at this property? Trying to book for a trip next month.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
I had breakfast in the lounge this morning. There are some space issues with limited seating, but they are sending overflow guests to an adjoining dining room for seating. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, assorted pastries, cereals, yogurts and juice, and staff was very visible clearing dishes or asking guests if they needed anything. Thought they did a pretty good job with that they have to work with in terms of space. They were checking off room numbers as you entered through the restaurant.

The hotel occupies the lower six floors of their building with residential above that. My room on the fifth floor:

I did pop into the lounge for the evening offerings last night and the only item available was spring rolls. They had a small counter top refrigerator with soft drinks and water, but by the time I arrived there wasn't any Diet Coke or Coke Zero. There was one can of Coke and about 4 cans of other drinks, 3 of which were Sprite. Didn't notice any employees in my short visit there, and just walked right in off the restaurant area. Think they have some work to do here.

This is about half of the lounge (the other half, behind me, has a long counter type table for six, a single table for two, and a computer workstation):

Couldn't get any photos of the breakfast items as there were just too many people coming and going. The few photos I took, mostly from last night, are here:
https://tom911.smugmug.com/Hotels/Hilton-family-hotels
I am staying here for the first time in exactly two weeks from today and I assume that picture is a regular room and not a deluxe (which is what I have booked)

Also would appreciate updated breakfast status as inquired by the previous poster.

In addition I am going to be coming in from JFK so I am going with the assumption that the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal is easier with luggage even its its a longer walk and I am someone who has no problem walking (My limited experience is LIRR is easier with luggage)
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Msafiritx
Any recent status breakfast experience at this property? Trying to book for a trip next month.
As of a month ago, no substantial changes from earlier posts. The lounge is sort of an annex to the restaurant, and they'll just wave you in that direction if you claim you have access; no actual checks during my visit. Breakfast spread was the normal, nothing memorably different from any given other Hilton lounge.

Originally Posted by Miesque
In addition I am going to be coming in from JFK so I am going with the assumption that the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal is easier with luggage even its its a longer walk and I am someone who has no problem walking (My limited experience is LIRR is easier with luggage)
It's a bit of a hike from Atlantic Terminal, and the LIRR schedule isn't as frequent vs. the service to Penn. If you don't mind the subway and toting your luggage up the stairs, AirTrain to Howard Beach and then the A train to Hoyt-Schermerhorn is the fastest, dropping you off only a block away (continue along Schermerhorn in the direction the train was going, cross to the left side of the street). You'll have no trouble getting a seat at Howard Beach.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Kieron

It's a bit of a hike from Atlantic Terminal, and the LIRR schedule isn't as frequent vs. the service to Penn. If you don't mind the subway and toting your luggage up the stairs, AirTrain to Howard Beach and then the A train to Hoyt-Schermerhorn is the fastest, dropping you off only a block away (continue along Schermerhorn in the direction the train was going, cross to the left side of the street). You'll have no trouble getting a seat at Howard Beach.
Thanks, looks like its 0.7 miles to walk according to Google Maps and a pretty straight shot. I do that sort of walk from Penn Station all the time. Carrying luggage up stairs on the the other hand is not happening.

On a different note, I did get a recommendation that French Louie nearby the hotel is good.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Thanks a lot Kieron. I booked the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:24 am

I am staying here for the first time tomorrow night for a two night stay and what struck me looking at the hotel on my reservation list is that it does not have the Digital Key designation, which seems odd it being a new hotel which I would assume mean a new up to date systems and key entrances.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:55 pm

I had a two night stay here this past weekend in a deluxe king room (which is what I booked). Overall I was pleasantly surprised. This new Hilton is one that is actually trying to be a real Hilton. I arrived early afternoon and my room was not ready so I went bar area where there is a long table with a lot of outlets under it (so aesthetically added you don't see them when you initially look, bartender saw me looking around and pointed them out). After a while had passed, I went back over to the front desk to inquire again and was informed it was still not ready. More time passed (and it was after 3 PM, which is when I think a non suite room should definitely be available) so moved over to stay by the wall near checkout at which point the front desk clerk saw me and apologized for the wait at told to take an item from the pantry (I took a Seltzer water which was nice since it was a hot day). About 5-10 min later I was by name told my room was ready by the same desk clerk (who again apologized for the delay) and handed me the typical bag with two waters and explained where the executive lounge was and the hours in the evening appetizers were available (may have also mentioned breakfast hours). While the wait made me a cautious of how my stay would be, that ended up to be the only inconvenient part of the stay. The rest was pleasant and smooth.

Room and bathroom are comfortable and relatively spacious. The Deluxe King has a small sitting area to the side, with a small couch and another flat screen TV on the wall. I liked that set up but wished there was a light in the corner since once the sun set that part of the room was dark, ok for TV, you couldn't read/do much work on the sofa as the lights next to the headboard were fixed. That would be my only big criticism of the room set up. There was a bathroom folded up on the top shelf of the closet (I appreciated not having to call down for that which I seem to have do a lot at Hiltons even when staying in Suites or Junior Suite).

The breakfast setup in the lounge was good scrambled eggs and both sausage and bacon both mornings (bacon was crisp as well), a typical Hilton pastry selection (crust was nice and flaky for the one danish I had). Nice sliced fruit selection. The staff and breakfast both days hovered about making sure everything was stocked and plates cleared. The fancy dancy coffee machine did not work properly (that seems to be a pretty regular event in ELs it seems), but the regular coffee was perfectly fine and their tea selection was very excellent. Evening food was pretty typical for most ELs mostly chips (lots to choose from), two hot items I wasn't interested in (mushroom puffs and some other type of puff). Plenty of space to sit both mornings I had breakfast and the one evening I used the lounge.

I have to comment that across the board staff was helpful and friendly (not necessarily a given in NYC), from front desk to housekeeping to random hotel worker in elevator.

All and all a good stay and it is a good one if Manhattan is over priced as its a quick subway across (especially to lower Manhattan). There are a lot places to eat within walking distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.