Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 8:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
Somehow I doubt that you've been watching literally 24/7 since the property first opened for reservations.

It may well be that this property is playing games with award inventory (wouldn't be the first) but the exaggeration here is a bit over the top.
You're correct that I haven't been watching 24/7 but I have been checking daily. This isn't the Conrad Bora Bora. It's a brand new property that most people probably don't even know is opening on June 1. Rooms should be available.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coffee18
There's a room available on that date, it's an accessible room, just make sure you query for accessible rooms in your search.
Good call, that worked. Thx!
Old May 28, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Any info on Gold treatment/amenities?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:26 pm
JBD

Post THR article

If anyone's interested, here's a June 1st article from the Hollywood Reporter's Pret-a-Reporter:

Exclusive First Look Inside Beverly Hills' New Waldorf Astoria (Photos)

Here's the start of the article:

The $200 million development, opening June 1, is poised to shake up Hollywood's hotel hierarchy.

With the opening of Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Los Angeles' century-old love affair with art deco — a style that animates much of the city's landscape — is being rekindled at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica boulevards with five-star flair.

"I don't think that we have a hotel in Los Angeles that can compare to this one from a luxury standpoint," owner Beny Alagem tells The Hollywood Reporter, which was granted an exclusive look at the property before its doors open to the public. As workers buzz about the 12-story hotel 10 days ahead of its June 1 debut, buffing floors and unpacking furniture for the brand's first-ever new build on the West Coast, Alagem sits in a leather booth in the main restaurant, calmly surveying the action.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:13 am

Booked two rooms in August

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Doesn't look like there is a dedicated thread to this property. Opening April 2017.

This property has a great location and should be one of the best properties in that area.
We are heading here for a family vacation. Still no menus to view on their website at this time. Unfortunately they don't seem to be offering a breakfast buffet, which my young adult boys need. Lol. They are offering a personal concierge, I'm not sure how this would differ from the hotels main concierge. We are looking forward to the rooftop and I'll review this all for everyone. As for being a platinum holder, the only perk is upgrade if available .
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:28 pm
JBD

Zagat article: 5 Things to Know About Jean-Georges Beverly Hills

This Zagat article dated June 15, 2017 (contains a lot of pix) may be of interest to those dining at the Waldorf:

5 Things to Know About Jean-Georges Beverly Hills, Vongerichten makes a big splash with three concepts in the Waldorf Astoria

Here's a snip:

It’s practically palatial
From the time you valet ($15 with validation) to the white-glove door service, many “hellos” from staff upon entry, floral-lined walkways and dripping chandeliers, this is a hotel befitting the Beverly Hills scene. The dining room is open and airy, with soaring ceilings and windows, creamy white leather furniture and comfy booths and banquettes. The patio is equally stunning, tucked away from the horrible traffic that still surrounds this corner.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by TMM1982
This property has a great location and should be one of the best properties in that area.
Great location for someone.....not for me for being in Beverly Hills.

Any word how they treat Golds? I want to watch the eyes roll as you ask this question at the front desk.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by hedoman
Great location for someone.....not for me for being in Beverly Hills.
Depends upon if you live in the Flats, NOS, the Slums.....or "BH Adjacent."
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
One night weekend stay

Recently had a one-stay here this past weekend. I'm a Diamond but used a free-night certificate. Initially had trouble getting standard reward availability so I had Diamond Desk help secure a room. I managed to get a queen double bed room and was upgraded to Beverly Hills View queen double. Right now, I'll post pictures of the room since the website is lacking in real pictures.

Sisosig likes this.

Last edited by Gradfly; Aug 12, 2017 at 7:50 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:21 pm

Had a two-night stay here the weekend before Gradfly. I had the same room but a city view (so no upgrades as a Gold, nor any other special treatment). Room and bathroom had plenty of space, and the balcony was nice. Beautiful hotel, and the rooftop pool was excellent with great views. Location wasn't that great in my opinion. Valet is expensive at $50/night.

Service was only ok. After being walked to our room by the front desk associate, we were asked if we wanted any drinks. Four hours later, they were finally brought to our room. About the same amount of time asking for a bucket of ice.

Jean Georges restaurant on the lobby level was very good.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:10 pm

Stayed using the weekend night certificate, booked a queen double, was switched to a King upon check-in at my request. View was great, of the hills, room was on the small side judging by the layout-- pretty sure that's why we were upgraded. Great property, very much gold-plated, intended to cater to people that have more money than they know what to do with. Still, rooftop bar was nice & great service with good food at reasonable prices. Same for breakfast in the restaurant. Service is excellent, very courteous, but overly formal and a little too insistent before you're expecting it.

Took a Lyft from nearby to save on the parking ($14 R/T instead of $50/night). Of note I asked for toast at breakfast and was brought a single slice and charged $7. Neither surprised too much, but the combo took me aback.

Will return for sure with my next free night certificate, better prepared next time with snacks to enjoy from the room balcony & with enough planning to sit poolside, too.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Just returned from a one-night stay at the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills. We are Gold and didn't get an upgrade. We were on the 4th floor overlooking the street. The street noise made it difficult to keep the window open or stay out on the terrace. Room service menu was a bit lacking from the ipad, but we were able to call in an order from the restaurant routed through in room dining which was pretty neat. Ordered a few appetizers from the rooftop restaurant and it was over $100 after service charges. Highly recommend the eggplant fritters and watermelon goat cheese. The tuna tartare and madai sashimi were just okay.

We did go upstairs to the pool and had a lovely experience there. As it was a little chilly and windy, not many people were there. Harmony was so friendly and personable - absolutely loved her. We had some fries ($6) and chicken fingers ($18) for the kids and that was crazy expensive for what you got, but it came from JG's kitchen and you can eat it poolside. It really was a great time.

Is it worth double the room price to stay at the Waldorf versus the Beverly Hilton? Not sure. We stayed at the BH last year and enjoyed that very much as well, and we'd probably choose the BH if the price difference is over $100/night.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:40 pm

So no where near the Beverly Hills Hotel or Four Seasons in quality?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
I saw this hotel under construction while staying next door at the Hilton on Spring Break trip in 2016. Since then, I have seen it as the "hang out" for Beverly Hills locals like Bijan heir and Mohammad Hadid on social media.

Does it have a spa and has anyone tried it out?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Waldorf Beverly Hills Reward Rate

I'm trying to book a room there for two nights next week. According to Hilton's own website (pointsandmoney.hilton.com/#LAXWA), the maximum room redemption points would be 95,000. The least expensive room is showing 220,000 points. I called the Diamond desk and asked them why there is a discrepancy. He didn't know. He looked out for a year and couldn't find an award reservation for less than 220,000 points/night. He said there was nothing he could do, but advised me to call the property directly. I did that, and the property said they have no idea how the points system works, that Hilton management controls it, and I'd need to call the Diamond desk back. Is it not true that a Category 10 property should be available for 95,000 points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.