Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:07 pm
JBD

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Hi Lauren - Anyway you can help here? The hotel isn't offering any standard room redemptions, on any day. They were available for a couple of days and then were removed from inventory all together. Thanks for helping!
If you haven't already, I suggest you PM "Lauren".

It doesn't seem like these individual threads are being monitored by HHonorsRepresentative. (Unlike how the SPG Lurkers operate their FT customer service participation, where if your question was asked to them, we'd already have seen an SPG Lurker reply in the thread).
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:37 pm
Suspended

I DM'd Hilton Hhonors on Twitter to try and get to the bottom of this.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:59 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi Lauren - Anyway you can help here? The hotel isn't offering any standard room redemptions, on any day. They were available for a couple of days and then were removed from inventory all together. Thanks for helping!
Hi Michael19887,

Thanks for flagging. I reached out to my team yesterday to see if I could get more info. I don't have any updates at this time, but will definitely keep you posted.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Got some nonsense reply from HHonors Twitter about all the reward rooms already being booked. Which is an outright LIE! Lauren, whoever is running twitter needs to be re-trained. Lying to Hilton Diamond members isn't a wise move.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
Got some nonsense reply from HHonors Twitter about all the reward rooms already being booked. Which is an outright LIE! Lauren, whoever is running twitter needs to be re-trained. Lying to Hilton Diamond members isn't a wise move.
I'm not trolling or trying to stir anything up, but genuinely curious - how are you able to discern that rooms have not in fact been made available and then subsequently booked? I mean, it's not a common thing to see, for sure, but if there was one hotel where that was gonna happen, a yet-to-open, high-end property in one of the most expensive zip codes in the world is probably a good candidate.

To be clear, there are certainly games being played here, at this property and others as well, regarding standard room types. And - unfortunately - as far as I know, I've never seen a Hilton policy on requiring that X rooms or Y% of rooms be made available as award. But I'm not sure what data you have to back your assertion.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I'm not trolling or trying to stir anything up, but genuinely curious - how are you able to discern that rooms have not in fact been made available and then subsequently booked? I mean, it's not a common thing to see, for sure, but if there was one hotel where that was gonna happen, a yet-to-open, high-end property in one of the most expensive zip codes in the world is probably a good candidate.

To be clear, there are certainly games being played here, at this property and others as well, regarding standard room types. And - unfortunately - as far as I know, I've never seen a Hilton policy on requiring that X rooms or Y% of rooms be made available as award. But I'm not sure what data you have to back your assertion.
I went to book Labor Day weekend and saw that "2 Queen superior room" was the standard room redemption available at 95,000/nt. I got distracted and didn't finish and then went to book the next day, and all 2 Queen superior rooms disappeared and were never to be seen again. Highly doubt every one of these rooms over an entire year was booked overnight, as I clicked all through the calendar to find another weekend. They pulled them from inventory.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:33 pm
Suspended

I went to book Labor Day weekend and saw that "2 Queen superior room" was the standard room redemption available at 95,000/nt. I got distracted and didn't finish and then went to book the next day, and all 2 Queen superior rooms disappeared and were never to be seen again. Highly doubt every one of these rooms over an entire year was booked overnight, as I clicked all through the calendar to find another weekend. They pulled them from inventory.
This

Award rooms were available for a very, very limited time. A week tops, I think less. I happened to book right away as I was looking but most people don't even know about this hotel.

Is HHonors really trying to tell me that all award rooms were booked for the entire year in that one week period? Not possible.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:26 pm

Sounds fair enough to me then. Was just curious.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:13 am
Suspended

Was checking this property out but looks like no standard awards available. Everything is 200,000 points and up.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:17 pm

Looks like they just opened up a bunch of standard award rooms! I'm seeing availability for the "Superior Two Queen Room with Terrace" from June 25th through January 3rd. However, it's a little odd though that the "Superior King Room with Terrace" is listed as a premium award. Nevertheless, I went ahead and booked my award for the queen rooms before they disappear!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately they don't have any standard award rooms on my dates in early June. Bummer.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Just a heads up that the standard two queen superior room was loaded back into inventory and is bookable for 95,000 points a night. Thank you Lauren if your team had anything to do with this! I would suggest anyone who is planning to book them now in case they try any shenanigans with standard room reward availability again.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:35 pm

Just a heads up that the standard two queen superior room was loaded back into inventory and is bookable for 95,000 points a night. Thank you Lauren if your team had anything to do with this! I would suggest anyone who is planning to book them now in case they try any shenanigans with standard room reward availability again.
Is there a minimum stay requirement? I don't see any avail from opening til November.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coffee18
Is there a minimum stay requirement? I don't see any avail from opening til November.

Yea I don't see it either. Was checking early June and it's 260,000 points per night. Absolute joke.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:58 am

Just booked a night at the start of September for 95k points (2 queen superior) as a diamond member.

Has anyone got any information on breakfast or nightly parking charges? Hotel website is high on design and low on information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.