Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashkale
Here is what we know as per post# 42.

• Points Only AND Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion. For Points Only stays charging incidentals to a Visa card will trigger the bonus points.
• What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
• What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
• If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
• Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
• Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.
Print Wikipost

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
What if I need two rooms for one night and I make separate reservations for each room. Would I get 5000 points or 10000?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
What if I need two rooms for one night and I make separate reservations for each room. Would I get 5000 points or 10000?
5000 only. The promo is per stay rather than nights or No of rooms.

Book 1 room in your name and the other in your spouse/familiy member/friends name and he/she will get 5000 bonus points as well (provided that signed up for the promo and pay with for the room separately with Visa card).
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
A penalty for using the app

Just rebooked a stay at the Hampton, East Hartford, CT. so that I could take advantage of this offer but I'm being penalized $3 per night for using the app. On the website the AAA rate is $119.00 but it's $122. per night via the app. Completely reproducible.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by luke5111
Just rebooked a stay at the Hampton, East Hartford, CT. so that I could take advantage of this offer but I'm being penalized $3 per night for using the app. On the website the AAA rate is $119.00 but it's $122. per night via the app. Completely reproducible.
Interesting.
So they are promoting this as a way to add revenue, not just as a convenience.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Interesting.
So they are promoting this as a way to add revenue, not just as a convenience.
I get identical rates for MVP on the app and on the website (and booked two stays on the app after looking on the website first). Hampton SoHo NYC and Doubletree Club by John Wayne Airport.

Getting a 10K points bonus on two stays that will be less than $200 all-in is fan-freakin'-tastic IMO, plus at least one of them will yield triple points on the rate. I'm getting something like 30% back on my stays in points, valuing points at .4 cpp (and I try not to burn until I'm over .5 cpp). It'll be closer to 40% if there's any bonus in Q1 2017.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Nov 7, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by oopl
Why not both? Charge $250 to Amex and x amount to any Visa.
I'm going to give that a shot end of this week and hope it works out. Will report back.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
I was wrong, sort of. Web site displays rate as $119 while app displays $122. Now that I've looked at what I booked, I see further clarification. Web site is displaying the average for the four nights while the app is displaying the rate for the first night. Still a bug or error or something wrong but ultimately not a rate difference. Here's what the reservation says now that it has show up on the website:

1 adult
1 KING BED NONSMOKING Non Smoking Room
Price (1 night x 122.55) 122.55
Price (2 nights x 116.10) 232.20
Price (1 night x 122.55) 122.55
Room Subtotal 477.30
Taxes 71.60
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:03 am

Made a $2 spend at a hotel booking made with points. Hopefully getting the 5,000 points
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
My corporate card is an AMEX. I can put this on my Visa, but the re-reimbursement is a much larger hassle. If I could spend $2 on my personal VISA (and eat it), and the rest on my corporate card, I would be happy. Let me know if the small visa spend works for anyone .
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by chrism20
The stay I had post with the 5k Visa bonus a couple of days ago was booked/prepaid about four weeks in advance of the promo being announced so you should be ok.
Was it prepaid with a Visa or an AMEX/Mastercard?

Trying to work out if there is anyone who paid for the room on the app with a non visa and in hotel spend on a visa therefore still got the 5k
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Was it prepaid with a Visa or an AMEX/Mastercard?

Trying to work out if there is anyone who paid for the room on the app with a non visa and in hotel spend on a visa therefore still got the 5k
Prepaid weeks before using IHG U.K. Visa
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: HH D
As promised

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Have six upcoming non-USA stays during the promo, all non-refundable, all booked before November 1, all linked to a non-USA Mastercard. Would be great if they could be coupled to my Visa Card. The problem might be they may have already been charged to Mastercard. The first one will be this weekend. I'll report back what happens. Will do some additional in-hotel purchases (as usual).
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Unlikely to qualify for this promo. None of the conditions for the being eligible for this promo seem to be fulfilled. Try paying incidentals with your Visa card at check-out - MAYBE it will trigger the promotion (unlikely if you ask me).
Only one condition was not met: wrong card. Didn't do OLC because no upgrades were offered. At check in, handed over my Visa Card, a reserve of 100 euro was placed on it. In return for receiving a one category upgrade with a great view room, decided to eat in. It ran a firm tab. (Seasoned Hilton travellers will know this may work out well on future visits.) On check out had it put on the Visa.

The initial pre-paid night was only 70 euro, tax included. The one night stay, including all bonus points added over 10000 points into my account, Visa bonus included. May even do this again with additional bookings using the Visa.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
I just had my first stay post after this promotion was announced. No visa bonus although paid with visa and am registered. Got the mobile bonus so did that part right. Lots of stays coming up so don't want to be chasing every stay.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
I just had my first stay post after this promotion was announced. No visa bonus although paid with visa and am registered. Got the mobile bonus so did that part right. Lots of stays coming up so don't want to be chasing every stay.
You need to swipe your card at checkout- did that happen?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ashkale
You need to swipe your card at checkout- did that happen?
Yes was flexible rate paid at checkout. Will give diamond desk a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.