Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ashkale
Here is what we know as per post# 42.

• Points Only AND Points & Cash stays eligible for this if the Cash portion is paid with a Visa? Yes - just make sure the stay is booked through the app and that you're registered for the promotion. For Points Only stays charging incidentals to a Visa card will trigger the bonus points.
• What if there are multiple forms of tender (i.e. a Visa credit card and a Hilton gift card)? If the stay comes through with a Visa payment, you will receive the bonus.
• What about a special rate, like AAA? AAA is an eligible rate which means the rate will award promotional credit if you meet all of the other criteria (registered, booked via mobile app, paid with Visa).
• If a stay was booked prior to the promotion being announced, will it still be eligible as long as it was booked through the app and a Visa is used to pay for the stay upon check out? A stay booked through the app prior to the campaign that is completed during the campaign is eligible as long as the you're registered for the promotion before check-out.
• Is the UK version of the Hilton Visa card eligible?/Is a non-Hilton HHonors Visa card eligible? Yes, all Visa cards worldwide are eligible for the offer.
• Is this offer limited to one stay? No, as long as you're meeting all the conditions of the promotional offer (registered, booked through the app, paid with a Visa) this is an unlimited offer for any eligible stay through January 2017.
Print Wikipost

Earn an Extra 5,000 Bonus Points on All Eligible Stays with Hilton Honors and Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:46 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

Coming off the heels of our most recent promotions, I’m excited to let you know that we now have ANOTHER offer for Hilton HHonors members when they book in the Hilton HHonors App and pay with a Visa credit card. For any eligible stay from now until January 31, 2017, members who book in the Hilton HHonors App and use their Visa card to pay for their stay will earn an additional 5,000 Bonus Points.

Here are a few more details:

• Book any eligible stay in the Hilton HHonors App from November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017 and pay with an authorized Visa card to receive 5,000 Bonus Points.
• More information can be found www.HHonors.com/VisaBonus.
• If you’re signed up for the Double Up promotion, remember you can now earn Triple Points on the stay when you book in the Hilton HHonors App. Combine this with an additional 5,000 Bonus Points when you book your stay through the Hilton HHonors App and pay with your Visa card.
• After registering for both promotions, when you book through the Hilton HHonors app and pay with your Visa, you can earn more than three times the Points you would earn on a regular stay
• Here’s a quick example to show just how many Points you can earn: For a typical two-night stay: 3,000 Base Points + 1,500 Points & Points Bonus + 6,000 Triple Points Bonus + 5,000 Visa mobile bonus = 15,000 Points (versus 4,500 Points as a Points & Points earner).
Please post/message me with any questions or comments.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Woah. If I am reading the T+C right, this is for every stay. So I can earn around 10K points for every $100/night stay, if I book the 2x points rate through the app, which would earn me 4x points (1x rate, + 3x bonus ) PLUS 5000 points.

Offer is valid from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017 for Visa® cardholders who are also Hilton HHonors Members who 1) register for the promotion at HiltonHHonors.com/VisaBonus; 2) download the HHonors mobile application to the cardholder’s mobile device; 3) book a stay through the HHonors mobile application; and 4) pay for the completed stay between November 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017 (“Promotional Period”) with any Visa card will receive 5,000 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points per eligible stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of the eligible stay for Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton HHonors™ account. This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts and is not valid for groups. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel, please see individual property for details.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:24 pm

What happens if paying with a Hilton gift card for the majority of the balance and then the rest with a visa card?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
If we had reservations already made through the app....do we need to cancel and rebook?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Hi Lauren

Just wondering if this will include the UK version of the Hilton Visa card?

Thanks very much
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:40 pm

I read it as any 'authori[s]ed' Visa card, not just a Hilton HHonors Visa card... am I wrong? There is no specification in the terms and conditions of having a Hilton HHonors Visa card as far as I can see but I'll happily be corrected if I read it incorrectly.

I guess it'll depend on what is considered 'authorized' or not, or if it simply means that the payment was successfully taken.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Payment "with any Visa card" means just that: any Visa card.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Does this apply to existing bookings?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:59 pm
jxd

Does it apply to points or c+p bookings?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by jxd
Does it apply to points or c+p bookings?
Good question.. book a cat 1 on points + charge a minibar drink = point refund? seems unlikely though.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:26 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by OriginalName
Good question.. book a cat 1 on points + charge a minibar drink = point refund? seems unlikely though.
I was thinking of that

Well it says 'all eligible stays' and points booking is considered an eligible stay

Hopefully Lauren can help clarify!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: All the programs!
This is a good promo and will likely shift my stays away from competitors.
Please let us know if points + cash stays are eligible.

Last edited by oopl; Nov 2, 2016 at 8:39 pm Reason: grammar
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
From years of dealing with the Hilton promo setups, my guess would be that incidental spending to trigger a Visa charge would work (including C+P co-pay). Having a Visa linked without any actual charges, unlikely.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Can you book MVP rates through the app as well as on the MVP site?

For some reason I recall they changed the ability to plug in the code via app.

TDM
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: HH D
Have six upcoming non-USA stays during the promo, all non-refundable, all booked before November 1, all linked to a non-USA Mastercard. Would be great if they could be coupled to my Visa Card. The problem might be they may have already been charged to Mastercard. The first one will be this weekend. I'll report back what happens. Will do some additional in-hotel purchases (as usual).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.