Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Perm Hotel {RUS} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Hilton Garden Inn Perm

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Garden Inn Perm

Mira Street 45 B Perm, RU 614022

Review: Hilton Garden Inn Perm (10 Photos)

Hilton Garden Inn Perm

On arrival, we were warmly welcomed by the front desk associate.

We handed over our passports, which were returned to us around one hour later (the front desk associate explained to us that local regulations required the hotel to make and keep a copy of every page in foreign visitors' passports).

There were two complimentary drinks vouchers (free glass of house wine or beer in the Karin restaurant) in the key card packet.

Room

We were allocated a corner twin room on the sixth floor.

DSCF0841.JPG

There was a welcome letter and gift (4 green apples and 2 bottles of Valser sparkling water) on the desk.

DSCF0842.JPG

There were also 4 complimentary bottles of still water.

DSCF0849.JPG

Interestingly, the Diamond member welcome letter mentioned in the list of member benefits the possibility of a room upgrade (‘subject to availability’). The hotel’s policy of upgrading Diamond members goes beyond the published benefits of the Hilton Garden Inn brand, and is a sign of the hotel’s generosity and excellent service in recognising the loyalty of members. In my case, I booked and received a standard twin room (2 Twin Bed Evolution Room) as there was one room category for twin rooms (and I preferred a room with two separate beds, as I was sharing the room with a friend).

DSCF0847.JPG

The welcome letter also states that Hilton HHonors members receive a 15% discount on food and beverage spending at Karin restaurant/lounge bar and on room service (which is available from 5 to 11pm).

In order to connect to the wifi, it was necessary to enter a mobile number and receive an access code by SMS. Wifi speed was ok, but not particularly fast (see my post in this thread).

As I mentioned in this thread, it was possible to open the windows in the room.

View of Mira Street from the room:

DSCF0845.JPG

DSCF0851.JPG

Bathroom:

1_DSCF0844.JPG

Floorplan:

DSCF0850.JPG

Breakfast

The breakfast buffet is available in the Karin restaurant on the ground floor from 6 to 10am (weekdays) and from 7 to 11am (weekends).

The buffet consisted of both cooked and continental breakfast options (including fried noodles and rice). Although the buffet range was a bit limited, it was possible to order a number of dishes: eggs (omelette/fried/scrambled/poached/boiled), French toast, pancakes and waffles.

The restaurant staff were friendly and proactive in taking orders/collecting used plates.

If you are not a Diamond/Gold member (with complimentary breakfast selected as your ‘My Way’ preference) or if breakfast is not included in your room rate, it is available at a price of 630 RUB per person.

Facilities

There is a gym (open 24/7) on the 3rd floor, a self-service laundry room on the fourth floor (free of charge, with washing powder available as well) and a Turkish hammam.

DSCF0888.JPG

The hotel is not located in the city centre. It takes around 15-20 mins by car/tram (6 km) to get to Gorodskaya Esplanada in the city centre, and around 10 mins by car (4 km) to the main railway station (Perm-2).

View of the hotel from Mira Street:

DSCF0852.JPG

Overall

Diamond membership recognition was good and service was excellent. The front desk and restaurant staff were always very friendly and happy to help.

Having had an enjoyable stay at Hilton Garden Inn Perm, I would recommend this hotel.

Review: Hilton Garden Inn Perm

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Perm?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Thanks for the 2 reviews. Good to see some new Russian hotels. I am waiting for the new Hilton in St Petersburg ^

May I ask what took you to these cities?

Gav
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:02 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by gav0106
Thanks for the 2 reviews. Good to see some new Russian hotels. I am waiting for the new Hilton in St Petersburg ^

May I ask what took you to these cities?

Gav
Thanks! My friend and I visited these cities as tourists. We wanted to explore some places off the beaten track, so we started in Samara, visited Tatarstan and then stopped in a few cities along the Trans-Siberian railway line (Perm, Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, plus a small detour to Tobolsk). During our trip, a few Russians we met asked if we were there on business (no) and then asked if were studying there (no). When we explained that we were tourists we got a lot of amused looks!

I hope to add my reivew of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kazan later this week.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by paul00
Thanks! My friend and I visited these cities as tourists. We wanted to explore some places off the beaten track, so we started in Samara, visited Tatarstan and then stopped in a few cities along the Trans-Siberian railway line (Perm, Yekaterinburg, Tyumen, plus a small detour to Tobolsk). During our trip, a few Russians we met asked if we were there on business (no) and then asked if were studying there (no). When we explained that we were tourists we got a lot of amused looks!

I hope to add my reivew of the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kazan later this week.
Thats a trip and a half My wife comes from small village near Vologda, inbetween Mosocw and St P. Was interesting first time I went, even in Vologda a large city, it was unsual to see "tourist"
I did wonder why Hilton opened in Perm and Tyumen but Gas and Oil means money Thanks for thee reviews!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.