Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Lake Como {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I am going to be in the area July 11, no luck booking yet.
Much water still has to flow into the lake before it opens. Website now says October 1, 2017.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Much water still has to flow into the lake before it opens. Website now says October 1, 2017.
But when trying a dummy booking today, it only shows prices from November 1.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:49 pm

Hope to use some points there next year.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by jabez
Hope to use some points there next year.
Caution, this is Italy. Don't give them a reason for any further delay.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Delta, American
Will this property have an Executive Lounge?

The Website shows a picture labeled "Lounge" but the hotel details don't say anything about an Executive Lounge. I'd like to use points but at 74,000 a night I'm hoping Lounge access will provide more value for the points.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC, *A, AMEX AeroPlat, FPC
Any update on this hotel? I see a good package deal which includes a stay at Hilton Lake Como but I am not sure if the hotel is in a good or convenience area assuming we are not going to be renting a car. Any help is appreciated!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:24 am

The hotel will have a soft opening on January 11, the lakeview terrace and infinity pool will not open until March 22. It does have an interior pool and Efora Spa. For the first year they are expecting a low occupancy, hence the package deal I guess. I don't know if your deal can be published here but this newspaper article is describing such a deal ($2000 for 2 people, incl airfare and luggage, which I think is standard anyway for a transatlantic flight)
http://blog.timesunion.com/travelgal/travel-deal999-lake-como-italy-5-nights-at-brand-new-hilton-air/16326/
(Link doesn't seem to work, unless you copy/paste it)

My source is this story in Italian, it can be translated using most web browsers
http://www.missionline.it/apre-l-hilton-lake-como/
When one of the owner says they are actually a 5 star hotel but advertise as a 4 star to attract mice, she actually means Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions.
meowmeow likes this.

Last edited by Sisosig; Nov 22, 2017 at 11:31 am Reason: adding post post remark
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:41 pm

The hotel will have a soft opening on January 11, the lakeview terrace and infinity pool will not open until March 22. It does have an interior pool and Efora Spa. For the first year they are expecting a low occupancy, hence the package deal I guess. I don't know if your deal can be published here but this newspaper article is describing such a deal ($2000 for 2 people, incl airfare and luggage, which I think is standard anyway for a transatlantic flight)
http://blog.timesunion.com/travelgal/travel-deal999-lake-como-italy-5-nights-at-brand-new-hilton-air/16326/
(Link doesn't seem to work, unless you copy/paste it)
Thanks Sisosig! And yes, the above travelzoo deal is what I am looking at. When you say "$2000 for 2 people, incl airfare and luggage, is standard anyway for transatlantic flight", do you mean that this is not so much of a deal?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by meowmeow
Thanks Sisosig! And yes, the above travelzoo deal is what I am looking at. When you say "$2000 for 2 people, incl airfare and luggage, is standard anyway for transatlantic flight", do you mean that this is not so much of a deal?
I just meant the "included luggage" wasn't special in my opinion. For the rest it sounds like a fair deal, though you'll likely miss the Hilton Honors benefits.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:13 pm

I just meant the "included luggage" wasn't special in my opinion. For the rest it sounds like a fair deal, though you'll likely miss the Hilton Honors benefits.
oic ... thanks for the clarification. I do also think it's a fair deal, but it's not a "wow" deal that's why I am still hesitate on booking it. And yes, missing the Hilton Honors benefits is also another thing ...
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Does anybody have a contact person / email address of the hotel? Trying to get some information about the rooms , view e.g...
PM would be fine!

Thank you!!!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:28 pm

[subscribing to see further comments]

[subscribing to see further comments]
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Anyone stayed here yet?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, M&M FTL, AZ Ulisse
i will stay tomorrow there. I will publish a small review of the Hotel
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: Too many

Hi everyone. I’m here now.
Fabulous hotel! The design is gorgeous and rooms really nice, well thought out and functional (and large)

Power points on both sides of the bed, fluffy towels, a huge walk in rain shower, desk, ottoman and table as well as stool in the bathroom to do your make up in the make up mirror. Standard Peter Thomas Roth products.

Upgraded to a King Deluxe with Lake view, drink vouchers, water and a fantastic and extensive buffet breakfast.

Lobby lounge huge and comfortable. Staff are just wonderful. Had a long chat with the GM and his goal is to ensure top Honors members are well looked after.

A 15 min walk around the lake to Como centre. Taxi to centre 8 euro.

Dining in in the restaurant here tonight. Room service cheap for Hilton standards. Fantastic day spa which I’m off to in an hour!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.