Hilton Lake Como {ITA}

Old Sep 19, 16, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Arrow Hilton Lake Como {ITA}

http://hiltonglobalmediacenter.com/i...ake-como?tl=ar

Does anyone have an update on this, announced in Dec 2014, for 2017 opening?

Or is it yet another prospective Hilton property destined for Never-Neverland?
Old Sep 19, 16, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum
They were recruiting for mgmt.-positions earlier this year. So I suspect it'll open relatively soon.
Old Sep 19, 16, 11:05 am
Community Director

It's not clear to me how desirable the location of the hotel will be.

will be situated in the centre of Como

The new, 162-guest room hotel will be located within a mixed-use development, adjacent to the historic Via Olmo.

Hilton Lake Como will be situated at Via Borgo Vico

It's not on the lake and I don't think it will have lake views. Can anyone figure out how long a walk it is to the ferry dock?
Old Sep 19, 16, 11:45 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
It's not clear to me how desirable the location of the hotel will be.

will be situated in the centre of Como

The new, 162-guest room hotel will be located within a mixed-use development, adjacent to the historic Via Olmo.

Hilton Lake Como will be situated at Via Borgo Vico

It's not on the lake and I don't think it will have lake views. Can anyone figure out how long a walk it is to the ferry dock?
Don't know how helpful this is but the street number is 241 according to one of the job adds.
Old Sep 19, 16, 12:35 pm

Programs: HH D; IHG G
Here's another Hilton (Garden Inn) in Italy, that is yet to open... https://issuu.com/caberloncaroppi/docs/pdf_mood_pistoia

Should have been finished by the end of 2013, then 2015, later Sept/Oct 2016-ish. But still no mention of it on Hilton's website, not even as an upcoming hotel.
Old Sep 19, 16, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I too would hope for views.

If it's 241, here's the current occupant, unless just a construction office is here (the material SanDiego1K cites says "new")...

http://www.residenzevillaolmo.com/

Can't be more than five minutes to the water. And photos indicate there are views from at least part of 241 if they're not idealized. To the ferry and train station? Dunno. The hotel's over on the left side of this map...

http://ontheworldmap.com/italy/city/...ctions-map.jpg

Otherwise, while it's a good hub, I've barely alighted in Como, given the draw and other choices around the lake. But it will be nice to have this one, thank you Hilton ... Beautiful, beautiful surroundings.

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 20, 16 at 2:25 am
Old Sep 19, 16, 10:43 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
When I go for a virtuel walk at the address via my phone map app, it looks to me as if the building is unoccupied and some construction is going on.
Old Sep 20, 16, 12:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Smile

This is a useful thread. Thanks for establishing it, travelexpert. As it can be with Italian business (which is certainly not limited to Italian) more often than not delays occur.
Nevertheless I am happy that plans sound rather firm so that there will be a Hilton Hotel in Como. I am not sure about the location at all but I am sure we will find out on flyertalk prettysoon.
Old Oct 5, 16, 11:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by helosc View Post
Don't know how helpful this is but the street number is 241 according to one of the job adds.
I'll go and have a look on-site. Haven't noticed any construction activities in Via Borgo Vico (which is incredibly long, stretching from San Giovanni train station all the way to Villa Olmo). And construction of a Hilton would create a load of activity, I suppose. Also, the local newspaper 'La Provincia di Como' hasn't reported on this since August 2014, which isn't a promising sign.

But Italian building code is vast, the owner of Villa Pliniana took almost 30years from inception to opening... So a delay wouldn't surprise me.
Old Dec 1, 16, 3:48 pm

Programs: HH D; IHG G
The Hilton Lake Como now has a page present on hilton.com and I believe the computer generated photos truly knock everyone's socks off. Lakeview rooftop deck, bar and (what looks like a small) infinity pool!

Currently scheduled to open June 2017.
Old Dec 2, 16, 12:12 pm

Will be looking forward to a review of this hotel. Hilton sent me a promotional email today for that property although they weren't taking any reservations. I tried up until the end of June. From the pictures, it kind of reminds me of a newer version of the Hilton Evian-les-Bains except that Evian has a lot of lake view rooms.

Bobette
Old Dec 10, 16, 6:38 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig View Post
The Hilton Lake Como now has a page present on hilton.com and I believe the computer generated photos truly knock everyone's socks off. Lakeview rooftop deck, bar and (what looks like a small) infinity pool!

Currently scheduled to open June 2017.
I opened a location on 4sq, since I faile to upload pictures here: Hilton Lake Como - Via Borgo Vico 241 - http://4sq.com/2hpzJME
Old Jan 27, 17, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I am going to be in the area July 11, no luck booking yet.
Old Jan 27, 17, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Category 9 per the hotel site. A little pricey for my blood, but we will see how it shakes out.
Old Jan 30, 17, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I asked the DD if she could find out anything, she gave me a phone number of (01139) 0313382611; maybe some of you that live in Italy can check it periodically.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: