Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I was matched to Diamond until 2017 a couple months ago from the last promo. I'm gonna try extending that to 2018 now by submitting the current form.
How about extending it by actually staying in their hotels? Props to you if they do extend it, but this is really getting out of hand.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
What does it cost hilton to match people? Zero if they never stay, a little if they do...

Obviously current elites will never be please with matches as they do dwindle the upgrades but it seems to work in Getting the hotels new business...
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Wonder if Blackstone Group is trying to pump up frequent stayer numbers for future sale of Hilton?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kauppias
What does it cost hilton to match people? Zero if they never stay, a little if they do...

Obviously current elites will never be please with matches as they do dwindle the upgrades but it seems to work in Getting the hotels new business...
This is the sad truth of it... the new short term business likely far outweighs the small down tick from the few elites actually alienated enough to jump ship.

What's either masked or irrelevant (and I worry it's the latter) is the long-term sentiment shift with the elites that aren't alienated enough to instantly jump ship but slowly creep towards sending some or all of their business elsewhere. A small amount of this, along with an easily attainable short-term carrot, is probably a big part of me even considering the Marriott status challenge promo I'm currently in.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:44 pm

current elites will never be please with matches as they do dwindle the upgrades
Sorry, what are these "upgrades" you mention?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Ha Ha. You did not enjoy the HHonors Floor sign in the Hallway. That is your upgrade
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, gosh, another two years when I won't need to apply for an Amex HH Surpass card (to get back to Gold). (I'm about to lose HH Gold in a few days, and I earned that HH Gold through the Milepoint Premium promo a bit over two years ago. And two years before that I did the MVP fast track.) Assuming this ends up not just being targeted, that is.

Even if I get matched to HH Diamond (from Marriott Platinum), I don't think you "real" Diamonds need to worry much about me. I'll still probably only stay in Hilton properties where Diamond (over the Gold I would have gotten from the credit card otherwise) matters (ie, not counting Hampton or HGI) at most once or twice before it expires in March 2018.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michael19887
How about extending it by actually staying in their hotels? Props to you if they do extend it, but this is really getting out of hand.
This is exactly the crazy part I'm talking about. The dilution is going out of control.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Haha.
That reminded me of those popular business flights I used to take that were packed with Elites and Elite Plus, 180 passenger with 160 Elites, eventually the airline let the normal passengers board the plane first.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone heard back from these new matches? Friend matched a week ago and nothing yet?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:00 am

I too have requested about a week ago. Nothing yet. Perhaps this was targeted like the T&C stated?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone heard back from these new matches? Friend matched a week ago and nothing yet?
Originally Posted by abox03
I too have requested about a week ago. Nothing yet. Perhaps this was targeted like the T&C stated?
Did you look at (or capture/print) the confirmation page of your submission?

Mine certainly said:
"Thanks for requesting status with Hilton HHonors. We are processing and verifying your request. Please allow up to 10 business days for your account to be updated."
Assuming no weekday holidays, 10 business days is 2 weeks, not 1 week.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OMG, you mean my HHons Gold will expire unless I spend half my life staying in an hotel?

Do they status match with Airlines? Or Grocery Stores? We have good status with some of those. And Sixt seems to have just status matched me with HHons
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Header on the page mentions the status is valid until 2018 while the T&C's state 2017?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Header on the page mentions the status is valid until 2018 while the T&C's state 2017?
Status year is known as calendar year. 2017.
But HHonors gives a grace period up to the end of March the following year. 2018.

Some folks can stay their way back to Diamond in 3 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.