Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zap7
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2019, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Status Match Again- Valid thru 2018

Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by timfountain
I'll requal for Diamond by the end of May and I know this is going to sound really weird, but through actual nights and stays... I know, I know, that is crazy right?

My upgrade rate this year (and in reality it went downhill around the middle of 2015) has plummeted, at hotels when I have traditionally scored upgrades, such as T4 Heathrow, CDG, LAX etc. With this madness, I'm going to switch to Marriott (already Gold) and should easily get Platinum. All my colleagues swear that compared to Hilton, the Marriott program is miles ahead. We'll see. This craziness has to stop.

If you want to significantly increase your upgrades tip the hotel employee and get their email. I get upgrades weeks before I arrive

$50 here and there goes a long way
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The whole point of being loyal to a chain is that an elite should get the same great treatment even if they go to a different hotel every week and never return.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
How quickly does the IHG status post after credit card approval?

While there is little difference from Gold to Diamond in the US, I have a couple stays in Asia end of next month it could be useful for.
I did this. I was told status would show up with IHG in 6-8 weeks but it took exactly 7 days from the day I was approved for the card. Waiting on word from HHonors now.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I submitted my Hyatt Diamond info with a request for status match on Aprll 5 and am still waiting for a response. I emailed and the response I received is that they are inundated and I should receive the status match soon.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
So I status matched from Gold to Diamond using my SPG Plat status last year....

Then I found out that new status matches are good until 2018!! So I called Hilton Honors and asked about the validity of my match. Apparently, my Diamond status is good until March 2018 too!!

So if you got a status match a couple months back like myself, give Hilton a call to find out if they have extended your Diamond status
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Apparently you no longer need to sustain your stays/nights anymore, all you have to do is to submit a match or call for an extension with another hotel elite membership.
General speaking it is a win win strategy for all, someone earns the crowd, the others earn the cash
Way to go Hilton.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelerp
I submitted my Hyatt Diamond info with a request for status match on Aprll 5 and am still waiting for a response. I emailed and the response I received is that they are inundated and I should receive the status match soon.
Still waiting on April 7, with same reply. Weird that ours our held up due to being inundated, but others who submitted after got in 72 hours.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Runner123
Two bottles of water doesn't make me feel all that special
Actually, it should. On my recent stay as a Diamond I didn't get any at all. In fact, each of the last four stays has declined in treatment. And on the last one my high floor preference wasn't honored at all: we ended up with 2nd floor, parking lot view. True, the breakfast was fine. But maybe the Hilton marketers are now overextending themselves.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by travelerp
When you submitted the status match did you receive an email confirmation? I submitted the request online over the weekend but never got any sort of acknowledgement email.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No such luck like some others - last time's match remains expiring Mar 2017.

Submitted the match requests today but not hopeful it would extend to Mar 2018.

Originally Posted by dascc
When you submitted the status match did you receive an email confirmation? I submitted the request online over the weekend but never got any sort of acknowledgement email.
No. You would just need to wait and wait, as reported in this thread.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
No such luck like some others - last time's match remains expiring Mar 2017.

Submitted the match requests today but not hopeful it would extend to Mar 2018.

No. You would just need to wait and wait, as reported in this thread.
Well, at least you're Happy.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
I submitted last week just for fun. I don't spend a lot of nights at hotel. Got platinum IHG because of the credit card. I had 2 nights stay so far this year. Showed that too Hilton. To my surprise, I got an email this morning saying I have Diamond status until 2018. Crazy. They do give it out like candy.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by SESTAR
I submitted last week just for fun. I don't spend a lot of nights at hotel. Got platinum IHG because of the credit card. I had 2 nights stay so far this year. Showed that too Hilton. To my surprise, I got an email this morning saying I have Diamond status until 2018. Crazy. They do give it out like candy.
they probably figured they have nothing to loose...if you stay at hiltons because of status match thats added revenue for them...if you don't nothing much to loose either
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by techoin
they probably figured they have nothing to loose...if you stay at hiltons because of status match thats added revenue for them...if you don't nothing much to loose either
They certainly can't make approval much looser than it already is.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Matched from IHG Gold to Honours Gold, but until March2017 only.
Anyway, i'm very happy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.