Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Properties with Water View

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Properties with Water View

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Please define "water"

Muddy,
Fast flowing
still pond
Breaking waves
Marina view
Falls
Catch basin after a heavy rain
swimming pool
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I had forgotten about one of my own recommendations from that thread: Doubletree Doheny Beach, near Dana Point, CA. Had a suite there with a nice outdoor veranda with table & chairs - great sunset views. 10 minute walk to a beach, marina, and a few shops/restaurants. Smaller hotel, often has good rates, friendly staff. Bit of a boutique-ish feel to it.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:01 pm Reason: deleted quote
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Louisville KY, Hampton Inn Louisville Northeast on Hampton Lake Way. Ask for "lake" view.

On a rainy day the parking lot view will work.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I deleted one post for being a bit snarky

I deleted one post for being a bit snarky - and I admit it was a judgment call. The thread overall has been very pleasant given the fact that the OP asked the same question just about a year ago. But given our search function here On FT people generally aren't penalized for not finding something they posted or look for before.

Thanks For your cooperation.

Squeakr
Co. Mod HH
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Originally Posted by Baze
Maybe you should look at your post from Mar 2016 where you asked the same question.
Obviously I need a vacation that I don't remember asking. Is it really a big deal? If so, I am really sorry.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Serious question. Why the focus on a view? Do you want to do anything else on vacation but sit and enjoy the view? Knowing the answer to that would probably help narrow down any recommendations.
Maybe all I want is a view? I have been all over the world and sometimes a view is just a great way to spend a vacation.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mphall
Obviously I need a vacation that I don't remember asking. Is it really a big deal? If so, I am really sorry.
Not that big a deal. My post was more a reminder. Wasn't meant to come across harsh or anything. That's one thing I hate about the internet, tone of a sentence does not come across as intended sometimes.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Exp, HH Dia
I would like to recommend the Hilton Los Cabos, excellent.
mphall likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.