Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lcnyc123
I think it's Diamond only for the free breakfast, but could be wrong. Always had breakfast at the buffett in Zest restaurant. Not sure if they deliver the free breakfast to the room (as its a buffett).

The spa prices are on the hotel website, can't remember exactly, but remember it being comparable to american prices once we did the exchange rate ($100+USD an hour or something like that). We actually called in the Carnation Spa service (mentioned before on this thread). It was great. 2 ladies came and gave my husband and I massages. We did 3 hours each and it came out to 3600 thai baht in total for both of us!
Breakfast is for Gold and up...although not sure if benefits of the account holder will be extended if he/she is not a guest. Perhaps email the hotel to explain your situation and simply ask them about breakfast. They will probably oblige (since they are very accommodating) and then you'll know.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Points & Money Rewards

I haven´t found anything on this thread referring to my question... Could someone please tell me if the Conrad Koh Samui generally does not offer P&M Rewards anymore?

I do not find any availibilities for entire 2015. As far as I have it in my mind, one or two years ago, one was able to book P&M Rewards.
Is it just too early in January to look for?

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Drosophila
Could someone please tell me if the Conrad Koh Samui generally does not offer P&M Rewards anymore?

I do not find any availibilities for entire 2015.
Is it just too early in January to look for?
The CKS loads P&M rewards at 2-3 month intervals. If one wants a P&M award at the beginning of such a period (e.g. early January), advance planning is not possible.

Hilton Pattaya does the same, while at the other end of the spectrum the Bangkok Sukhumvit properties have great P&M advance availability.

You can get a feel for what will become available by looking at the standard award inventory; on days only the upgraded villas are available, there certainly won't be any P&M inventory.

I'm not sure P&M inventory opened up earlier in the past; before the HH devaluation two years ago, AXON (145K for 4 nights, good times...) and GLON awards were the way to go, and yes, standard inventory was available way ahead of time especially in the offseason. Wasn't P&M introduced at the same time as that devaluation?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: *Gold+Silver HHGold CCGold IHGPlatAmb
Originally Posted by monahos
The CKS loads P&M rewards at 2-3 month intervals. If one wants a P&M award at the beginning of such a period (e.g. early January), advance planning is not possible.

Hilton Pattaya does the same, while at the other end of the spectrum the Bangkok Sukhumvit properties have great P&M advance availability.

You can get a feel for what will become available by looking at the standard award inventory; on days only the upgraded villas are available, there certainly won't be any P&M inventory.

I'm not sure P&M inventory opened up earlier in the past; before the HH devaluation two years ago, AXON (145K for 4 nights, good times...) and GLON awards were the way to go, and yes, standard inventory was available way ahead of time especially in the offseason. Wasn't P&M introduced at the same time as that devaluation?
Appreciate your detailed answer, monahos. And yes, I´m pretty sure P&M was inroduced around the period of devaluation.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I remember seeing P&M rates last year, and they were quite reasonable, too.

Gosh, I'm missing this place...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:24 pm

I've read on this thread about some people getting complimentary shuttle to Lamai and Chewang. Just wondering if this is for Hilton gold or diamond member reward? Where do they drop/pick you up from? thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
nevermind

Last edited by exmike; Feb 5, 2015 at 1:50 am Reason: delete
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:53 pm

Valentine's Day weekend at Conrad Koh Samui

We are at the property now,and it's as amazing as many of you described!After an action-packed trip in Cambodia, we are more than ready to just relax and do nothing

We rented a car from Hertz at the airport. The driving directions on Conrad's web site is to go counter clockwise, with a slightly longer distance but less traffic. We chose to go clockwise, passing through Chaweng and Lamai. The traffic was bad with a lot of cars and even more tourists on scooters (which actually made us appreciate the remoteness of Conrad!). We also stopped at Tesco on the way for some grocery shopping and gas. ( The tank was only 25% full when we picked up the car.)

Checkin was fast as we did e-checkin the night before. For anyone who's interested, the boat excursions and shuttle bus are free for all guests. Boat excursions leave at 10, 12, and 2pm. The shuttle bus leaves at 1pm & 5pm. They now also have picnic baskets for boat excursions, with 3 different options - THB 1900/2900/4900 per couple. The nearest ATM and convenient store is the FamilyMart about 2km away.

As a HHonors Gold member we received free breakfast and two drink vouchers. At breakfast this morning the restaurant was about 80% full, and guests were probably 60% Westerners and 40% Asian. We ordered coffee but they obviously forgot about it. After we asked again it still took a long time before we got our coffee. Also when we arrived yesterday, there was only a welcome fruit plate with 3 pears, no sight of the famous macarons I wonder if they stop offering it or simply forgot to leave one bag in our villa!

That's it for now. I'm going back to my own private infinity pool !!

Last edited by Kaitlin; Feb 14, 2015 at 10:44 pm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We are at the property now,and it's as amazing as many of you described!After an action-packed trip in Cambodia, we are more than ready to just relax and do nothing

We rented a car from Hertz at the airport. The driving directions on Conrad's web site is to go counter clockwise, with a slightly longer distance but less traffic. We chose to go clockwise, passing through Chaweng and Lamai. The traffic was bad with a lot of cars and even more tourists on scooters (which actually made us appreciate the remoteness of Conrad!). We also stopped at Tesco on the way for some grocery shopping and gas. ( The tank was only 25% full when we picked up the car.)

Checkin was fast as we did e-checkin the night before. For anyone who's interested, the boat excursions and shuttle bus are free for all guests. Boat excursions leave at 10, 12, and 2pm. The shuttle bus leaves at 1pm & 5pm. They now also have picnic baskets for boat excursions, with 3 different options - THB 1900/2900/4900 per couple. The nearest ATM and convenient store is the FamilyMart about 2km away.

As a HHonors Gold member we received free breakfast and two drink vouchers. At breakfast this morning the restaurant was about 80% full, and guests were probably 60% Westerners and 40% Asian. We ordered coffee but they obviously forgot about it. After we asked again it still took a long time before we got our coffee. Also when we arrived yesterday, there was only a welcome fruit plate with 3 pears, no sight of the famous macarons I wonder if they stop offering it or simply forgot to leave one bag in our villa!

How much did you pay for the car hire? We are staying there for 7 days and I think we will want to get out 2-3 days out of the 7 for a few hours at least. Is it better to rent or get taxis? We have a baby so car seat will be a issue?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

Nice. Have fun!!! Cant wait to visit in October. So would you say renting a car is mandatory?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond

I recall getting the macarons at turnover on the first or second night, so there's still hope! Enjoy.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:18 pm

For anyone who's interested, the boat excursions and shuttle bus are free for all guests. Boat excursions leave at 10, 12, and 2pm. The shuttle bus leaves at 1pm & 5pm.
Where does the shuttle bus stop at ? Lamai and/or Chewang?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
How much did you pay for the car hire? We are staying there for 7 days and I think we will want to get out 2-3 days out of the 7 for a few hours at least. Is it better to rent or get taxis? We have a baby so car seat will be a issue?
Anyone?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone?
I just returned from there and paid 5671 baht for 5 days with Hertz or about $174 USD.

I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car. CKS is kind of in the middle of nowhere and far from everything. Having a car will provide you airport transportation, allow you the freedom to visit the "big city" of Chaweng, the numerous night/walking markets, beaches on the island, and anything else you want to see/do.

I would NOT recommend renting a scooter to get out and about if staying at the CKS - because it is too far from everything and it is on the top of a small mountain - it is simply not comfortable to scoot for such long distances IMO.

One tip - you really need GPS to navigate the island. Just getting to/from the airport involves all kinds of ridiculously tiny sidestreets that are not signed well. We didn't have local cellphone service (but if you want it Truemove sims are super cheap and a good option), instead we just loaded Google maps on our iPhone when on wifi. The GPS tracking still works (for the most part) so you can at least see where you are on the map at any given time.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by cooljw
I just returned from there and paid 5671 baht for 5 days with Hertz or about $174 USD.

I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car. CKS is kind of in the middle of nowhere and far from everything. Having a car will provide you airport transportation, allow you the freedom to visit the "big city" of Chaweng, the numerous night/walking markets, beaches on the island, and anything else you want to see/do.

I would NOT recommend renting a scooter to get out and about if staying at the CKS - because it is too far from everything and it is on the top of a small mountain - it is simply not comfortable to scoot for such long distances IMO.

One tip - you really need GPS to navigate the island. Just getting to/from the airport involves all kinds of ridiculously tiny sidestreets that are not signed well. We didn't have local cellphone service (but if you want it Truemove sims are super cheap and a good option), instead we just loaded Google maps on our iPhone when on wifi. The GPS tracking still works (for the most part) so you can at least see where you are on the map at any given time.
How is driving at night out there? I feel like i would be terrified. I wasnt aware they had night markets there. How far are those from the resort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.