Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gauging Interest in a Hilton Hotels FlyerTalk Event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gauging Interest in a Hilton Hotels FlyerTalk Event

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Exclamation Gauging Interest in a Hilton Hotels FlyerTalk Event

The Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program plans on more interaction with its members.

Knowing this, that gave me an idea which could be a part of that engagement: against my better judgment, I asked during a meeting with Mark Weinstein — he is the global head of customer engagement of loyalty and partnerships with Hilton Worldwide — and other key representatives of Hilton if they would be interested in hosting an event similar to the Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Events in 2009 and 2010.

I say against my better judgment because — as a co-organizer of both of the Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk events — I spent a substantial amount of time and effort working to ensure that those events were memorable. The events helped both the company and the customer not only understand each other better; but also formed a closer mutually beneficial business relationship overall.

It was my pleasure to meet Lauren, who is the current HHonorsRepresentative on FlyerTalk. She was at the meeting as well.

The response was quite enthusiastic; so I asked if I could post this discussion to at least gauge interest and conjure ideas as to what this event might actually look like if it came to fruition; and I was told yes...

...so this is where you come in. Would you attend such an event; and what are your thoughts about what should be included in this event?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I think this type of event would be awesome and, if my calendar allowed, I'd certainly attend.

Great idea, sir! @:-)@:-)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Call me skeptical, but as long as they're willing to be open and frank with attendees and won't invoke the "trade" secret clause whenever a question is asked. Nice of you to broker this. ^
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
If my calendar allowed, of course! Thanks for bringing the idea to the table.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:29 pm

I'd certainly be eager to learn more about such a possibility.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Sounds positive!......I would attend if schedule permits.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yes, please.

Please feel free to ask people to help you, so that the next time you think of something beneficial to the community like this, it won't feel like you're doing this against your better judgment.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Please feel free to ask people to help you, so that the next time you think of something beneficial to the community like this, it won't feel like you're doing this against your better judgment.
Including myself and the other co-organizer, there were 19 FlyerTalk members who volunteered with the 2010 Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event.

They were incredibly helpful; but it was still a lot of work...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Yes, interested.

Jim (HH Diamond) Have points, will travel.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Yes, I'd go to an event like this, and can probably help organize it (if needed).

Thanks for asking, and all the work so far! ^
(I wish we could get this level of involvement from more FT partners)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:38 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Schedule permitting, I'd be very interested in participating.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
In.

Neil
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Add me too.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I would absolutely be interested, a great idea. I would be willing to help (if you are looking for volunteers).
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I would be intereted in participating if my schedule allows. The longer the lead time the more likely I can work my schedule around an event like this. I also would be willing to consider helping with the event, once again depending on schedule demands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.