Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in posting.

I had booked a Harbour view room at the Conrad for 2 nights 24-26th november after spending 4 nights at the JW Marriott executive level.

Breakfast and Evening snacks: Adv JW ( by some distance). IMHO This is where the conrad falls down slightly whilst breakfast was good with a reasonable selection of hot foods , the evening snacks were more of a sandwich/finger food. The JW Marriott had a huge range of western/asian food which you could make a meal quite easily. The JW marriott also had cookies, hershey kisses and gummy sweets during the day.

Hope the comparison is of some use.

Regards

TBS
Very nice comparison. Thanks for sharing and no need to apologize for the "delay"

I agree that the EL offerings in the evening at this Conrad are somewhat lacking compared to other Conrad ELs I've been to. However, for breakfast I always take it downstairs due to the expansive selection of both Asian and Western options, and I suspect most other HHDs do so as well.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
The JW Marriott executive lounge food offerings beats the Conrad by a considerable margin especially for breakfast and evening snacks.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
However, for breakfast I always take it downstairs due to the expansive selection of both Asian and Western options, and I suspect most other HHDs do so as well.
I was always able to take breakfast in the restaurant as a Gold as well. It's quite nice, though the dim sum is surprisingly weak.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was always able to take breakfast in the restaurant as a Gold as well.
Then that's another difference. At the JW, you can't choose to have breakfast in the restaurant in lieu of the lounge, but they will send you down there on a complimentary basis if there is no seating in the lounge when you arrive.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by serfty
Thanks for the review.

One part is a little confusingI suspect the word 'conrad' is used more than was intended... )
Hi,

Thanks for that!^

Sorry I mean the JW marriott had the filter coffee machine and the milk cartons in the minibar which was a nice touch.

I have amended the post

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad Hong Kong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.