Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2002, 6:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Does anyone know when the Conrad Bangkok is supposed to open (was supposed to open in 2000!).
Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 4:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Conrad Bangkok Opening

According to the Conrad website, the Conrad Bangkok is supposed to open in "Late 2003".
Do you think I can plan a New Year stay?
Old Aug 5, 2002, 7:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvest941:
According to the Conrad website, the Conrad Bangkok is supposed to open in "Late 2003".
Do you think I can plan a New Year stay?
</font>
There is no guarantee it will open by December 2003. "Late 2003" can easily change to "early 2004".
If I were you I book in another hotel just as a backup!

AndrewM
Old Aug 9, 2002, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
My father has an apartment in the same complex as the Conrad. The last time I was there (June 2002), the only work apparently being done was to complete what needed to be done to stop the buildign from rotting. Not much action there.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 6:05 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SPG-LTP, MR-P, HH-G
This is inside information.
A human resource manager of Conrad BKK has come from Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit already.
And Some of staff of Conrad BKK will have come from the Oriental Hotel.
Their training will start on October.
Supposed launching on November 2002.
My TH friend will be assigned at executive floor who'll come from SGS.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:51 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
The Conrad website says the hotel is scheduled to open Jan 1, 2003.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 6:03 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Will this Conrad BKK be on or near the river?
Old Nov 1, 2002, 7:44 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
The Conrad BKK will be on Wireless Road, sort of near the Hilton (but south of Sukhumvit Road). Walking distance to the skytrain but not near the river itself.

It's only an Executive level HH hotel! Can't wait to see the Point Stretcher dates!
Old Nov 1, 2002, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked the rates for new years. The lowest rate is USD 112.50 for AAA (!).

BTW, it was June 2001 when I last saw it, not June 2002.
Old Nov 1, 2002, 1:38 pm

wireless road, huh...sounds like a perfect ternary composition for goldlovers
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:03 am

Conrad BKK opening 1 Jan 03

From the latest conrad newsletter email

Conrad Bangkok is planning a stylish opening on 1 January 2003.
With extensive facilities including 8 restaurants & bars, 392 superb guest rooms and a fantastic spa & health centre, this new luxury hotel is preparing to welcome some of the 10 million annual visitors to the Thai capital.

The Conrad culinary talents and products will be available to the general public through the Conrad Deli store, due to open in the All Seasons Shopping Mall. The carefully tailored design of this hotel is reflected in every detail, right down to the staff-uniforms that bear the signature of Pichitra - designer to H.M. Queen Sirikit, Queen of Thailand, thus guaranteeing a royal welcome to the discerning traveler when staying at the Conrad Bangkok.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 1:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Bad news, as I am supposed to leave BKK on 1/1 !
Does anyone have any info on opening events, so I have an excuse to stay one or 2 more nights ine BKK !?
Old Nov 23, 2002, 2:52 pm

Why dont u try and make a reservation? I had no problem with 23 jan-28 jan there.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've made reservations for various dates on an after 3 January. Lowest is a $112.50 AAA rate.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

E-mail received today:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Greetings from Conrad Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing Conrad Bangkok for your upcoming visit, January 3 - 5, January 5 - 6 and January 7- 8, 2003. We are pleased to inform you that our coffee shop, “Cafe @ 2”, the Diplomat Bar, and “87” (our speciality restaurant and night club) as well as the fitness centre and pool area will be open for your enjoyment during your stay with us.

However, the spa, “Seasons Spa”, the Japanese restaurant, “Drinking Tea, Eating Rice” and the Chinese restaurant, “LIU” will not be open until mid January”

Should you require any further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we are looking forward to taking care of you.

With best regards,

Jirapa Kokaphan

Reservations Supervisor
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.