Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cyberon
indeed! I'm sure they won't mind as you'll be too full from the breakfast restaurant to eat much from the lounge.

my tips would be avoid the dim sum (anything that has a skin wrapper) in the restaurant, and leave some room for the berries and salmon sashimi (if you like salmon) in the lounge.
+1
After breakfast in the restaurant, I don't even want to look at food . . . .
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I've made a reservation as a gold for 3 room in November (2 with points and 1 with cash). Cash reservation was made first and the points redemption was done 2 weeks later.

And anyone advice if breakfast and/or upgrades will be extended to the 2 points redemption room?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RCTP
I've made a reservation as a gold for 3 room in November (2 with points and 1 with cash). Cash reservation was made first and the points redemption was done 2 weeks later.

And anyone advice if breakfast and/or upgrades will be extended to the 2 points redemption room?
HH says b/f benefit only applies to the room occupied by the HHG elite

Some hotels generously allow b/f for HHG with a second paid room but
a)free b/f for all 3rooms is highy unlikely whether paid/hhd booking.
b)unlikely on second room if an award/points booking
c)taking points room yourself makes no difference. One HHG elite and same 3rooms, two being on points

As 2nd/3rd room on points for which hotel gets a pittance from HH, hotel needs the f+b spend so unlikely for either to be given free b/f

Same scenario applies to room upgrades.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
"Fully Flexible Rate"

delete

just poor English on the rate description
Old Sep 19, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Good Stay for HH Gold

I stayed one night Saturday at the HK Conrad, and was happily surprised to be upgraded to an Exec Floor room (mountain view) with lounge access. This was a great use for a Citi cc annual free night cert. I'm HH Gold.

Arriving by MTR, I recommend googling the exact directions and writing them down. The entrance and the long indoor mall path to it is not easy to find. It's on the 3rd floor of the shopping mall near the back, opposite side from the MTR entrance.

Lounge has an amazing view of HK harbor.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
stayed last week, 19th for one night.
Upgraded to top floor (61) harbor view, lounge access as per usual for Diamond.

The hotel is one of my favorite places, well connected with public transport and a great location.

The lounge offering is ok, not spectacular.
I find it sad their Chandon Australian sparkling wine has been changed to some NZ sparking which in my view is rubbish. Top brand hotel in the Hilton family should be able to afford a decent prosecco however it seems cava is now the drink of choice at most properties which I find horrible.

The breakfast I always take in the restaurant, very good choice and quality.

Globalist
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by Globalist
I find it sad their Chandon Australian sparkling wine has been changed to some NZ sparking which in my view is rubbish.
In fairness, NZ produces some perfectly good sparkling wines; the club lounge at the Langham Auckland had a nice one which I thought was perfectly worthy of a Conrad.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
I find it sad their Chandon Australian sparkling wine has been changed to some NZ sparking which in my view is rubbish.
The last time I had a taste of the Kiwi bubbles, the staff offered to add some Campari to make me a spritz. A vast improvement and very good Hilton lounge service!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:08 pm

Question -

I have a five night award stay coming up in about a week or so, booked into a "Diamond Standard Rood Reward" King Bed Superior Room.

I have the option to upgrade with points to "King Bed Harbor View" for 19k per night.

I know that as diamond they typically upgrade to harbor view / executive floor.

Would it be a waste to upgrade with points to the king bed harbor view room? Or would it give me a better shot at an additional category upgrade?

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Question -

I have a five night award stay coming up in about a week or so, booked into a "Diamond Standard Rood Reward" King Bed Superior Room.

I have the option to upgrade with points to "King Bed Harbor View" for 19k per night.

I know that as diamond they typically upgrade to harbor view / executive floor.

Would it be a waste to upgrade with points to the king bed harbor view room? Or would it give me a better shot at an additional category upgrade?

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Personally I wouldn't use up an additional 95K points for a view you might get anyway. And as a HHD, you have the EL access, which provides you all the harbor view one might need (unless you spend all day in your room)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed, teemuflyer nails it. I'd save the points.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I find it sad their Chandon Australian sparkling wine has been changed to some NZ sparking which in my view is rubbish. Top brand hotel in the Hilton family should be able to afford a decent prosecco however it seems cava is now the drink of choice at most properties which I find horrible.

Globalist
The last time I stayed at the Hong Kong Conrad the house champagne was Louis Roederer which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Personally I wouldn't use up an additional 95K points for a view you might get anyway. And as a HHD, you have the EL access, which provides you all the harbor view one might need (unless you spend all day in your room)
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Agreed, teemuflyer nails it. I'd save the points.
+1. Even when using points for a "standard room", I've always gotten at least and Exec room, and even a suite a couple times! YMMV.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have booked a 2 night stay here in late November as a HH Gold so will report back then.

I have also booked a 4 night stay at the JW Marriott close by so this will be a nice comparison (slightly cheaper and this will probably be my last stay as a Marriott Gold where as I have retained HH gold for next year once my missing points from Hawaii post)

I was last in Hong Kong in April 2009 so looking forward to going back

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 25, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I have booked a 2 night stay here in late November as a HH Gold so will report back then.

I have also booked a 4 night stay at the JW Marriott close by so this will be a nice comparison (slightly cheaper and this will probably be my last stay as a Marriott Gold where as I gave retained HH gold for next yea)

I was last in Hong Kong in April 2009 so looking forward to going back

Regards

TBS
I look forward to your report! I heard the JW Marriot lounge is quite good, so it will be interesting to see what your thoughts are.

Conrad's executive lounge is ok, although offerings are not spectacular. I noted they upgraded their tea bags from Ronnefeldt to TWG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.