Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura {CHL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura {CHL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Any updates here on the lounge situation, other Diamond experiences?
Stay is planned for late July.
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
Been there in May.

Lounge is really nice and still offering (almost) the same food spread shown above. The lounge was open on weekend as well and we've been the only guests most time.

Regarding the taxes: We booked pre-paid, meaning they could not refund those 19% taxes.

After complaining about this at checkin, they first offered us the difference as guest credit for minibar, restaurant etc. We asked whether lounge access would be possible instead and it was granted (Gold members).

Last edited by delpiero223; Jun 22, 2019 at 9:51 am
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by delpiero223
Been there in May.

Lounge is really nice and still offering (almost) the same food spread shown above. The lounge was open on weekend as well and we've been the only guests most time.

Regarding the taxes: We booked pre-paid, meaning they could not refund those 19% taxes.

After complaining about this at checkin, they first offered us the difference as guest credit for minibar, restaurant etc. We asked whether lounge access would be possible instead and it was granted (Gold members).
Hey thanks for the update. Good to know it's still a good choice. Weekend rates are generally around US$90 for July, which is cheaper than most other options like IHG, Marriott, etc. So I will go for it, especially as a HHonors Diamond.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Nice hotel, great staff, and nice lounge with generous hours/service. Like the poster who gave a detailed review, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite, and the breakfast in the Restaurant had lots of options to almost everyone happy.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Staying here in a few days. Does the happy hour still run from 1-10?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Staying here in a few days. Does the happy hour still run from 1-10?
It did when I was there in November, although I can't remember when it finished exactly.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Everything was out around 12 when I came in and the finger sandwiches came out around 1230. All was still out when I came in just prior to 10.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:25 pm

Stayed 3 nights, was upgraded to a suite facing the main street. Lovely! Lounge is as good as is said here; great snacks, not much hot but good quality otherwise; free flowing wine all day. Really friendly staff, too.
Second stay was 2 nights (in between was a 4-day trip to Easter Island -AMAZING!), and no suites available but a decent room and lounge access made it nice.
Great location for shopping and eating-- tons of good local restaurants nearby.
Also can recommend a day trip (or even a night or two, next time for me) in Valparaiso-- absolutely gorgeous city. Took a bus there.
Also from the DT Santiago, I did a day trip to 3 wineries in the nearby valley using Uber. Really cool, had a lovely lunch at one of them.
Chile was a nice trip!

Last edited by kyushuman; Apr 18, 2020 at 9:28 am
Old Apr 17, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 100K
thinking of staying here in September (crossing fingers). So right now, Hilton has a "pay when you stay" rate. Does that mean that I'd be able to ask them not to charge me the 19% or is that something they will proactively do?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:56 pm

Same for many hotels / hostels in Chile - you check in with foreign passport, immigration card. Hotel will charge u in US dollar without the 19% tax
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Gold
Just completed a 4-night stay here last week, and while some amenities are still shuttered, purportedly due to covid, overall we were very happy with our stay.

We booked and received a King Deluxe room, so no Diamond upgrade, though I didn't bother checking availability or asking about one at check in (the Deluxe room rate was very reasonable and the only upgrade would be to a Junior Suite, which didn't appear to offer a whole lot of improvement). The Deluxe room was very spacious and was a corner room (which appears to be the case for most rooms in that category), though the extra space wasn't put to the best use, as the room's "sitting area" just contained a chaise lounge even though there was room for a large couch. The room also had a large desk, and the furnishings were up to the standard one would expect for a Doubletree in a major city. A nice, large walk-in shower was the highlight of the bathroom. We were on floor 7, which was just high enough to see over the adjacent buildings and have a decent view of the city; if you're assigned to a floor lower than that, I would suggest asking the front desk if you can be bumped up a few floors.

As was stated on the hotel's website when booking, the executive lounge and the bar were both closed, still purportedly due to covid, even though Chile had moved to its lowest level of covid restrictions by the time we arrived. The included Diamond breakfast was the buffet served in the hotel's restaurant, Quotidien Bistro. While the "hot" items (eggs, sausage/bacon, potatoes, etc.) were fairly mediocre - the principal problem being that they were rarely actually hot - there was a decent selection, which also included breads, pastries/sweets, cereals, fruits, and deli meats/cheeses. Not quite up to the bar of breakfasts in flagship Hilton properties in other major international cities, but perfectly serviceable for our stay. When checking in, we were also given two drink coupons - seems like a rather paltry attempt to compensate for the lounge being closed, but better than nothing.

We also appreciated the free parking offered by the hotel (especially compared to the extortionate rates charged by hotels in most major US cities), as we rented a car for two days to explore the Maipo valley and Valparaiso/Vina del Mar.

Finally, the service was good. We didn't have any particular special requests or anything, but staff were friendly and professional, and housekeeping seemed to do a good job cleaning the room.

Overall, while it's certainly not a luxury or destination hotel, the Doubletree made for a pleasant stay at a very solid value, so we were very happy with our booking.
kyushuman and MP001 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any current data points on if executive lounge or bar is functioning?

I have a stay later this week. Booked approx 3 weeks ago and they immediately blocked a jr suite for me as diamond and indicated it on website. I thought that was an impressive action, understanding full well that they may sell the jr suite and return me to my original booking. It is more than many hotels do. Too bad their jr suites don’t include a private terrace as does the Hyatt centric.

UPDATE: Club lounge still not open and they dont know when/if it will open. Was able to get a 6pm checkout with no charge--look for Adelyn at front desk. I thought the dinner in restaurant was very good and fairly priced. Breakfast in restaurant just ok. Junior Ste has hot water maker and ceramic cups but no Nespresso machine. Minibar was full. Received coupon for free drink (I think everyone gets that coupon)--wine only, no Pisco sour as previously offered. Went to Barrio Italia which is a newish area with lots of restaurants near downtown. I took uber one way for $6 and walked back to hotel. Pleasant stay, $92 good price, I would return if price still good. Also stayed Hyatt Centric $138 and probably would not return there.

Last edited by fmkgb; Dec 17, 2022 at 8:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.