Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many rooms can you get credit for?

How many rooms can you get credit for?

Old May 25, 15, 2:49 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 981
How many rooms can you get credit for?

If I book multiple rooms, can I get credit for all? Is there a max? Do I have to pay or all of them?

I know at SPG, I can get nights and points credit for up to 3 rooms as long as I pay for all.

With Marriott, I can get points for up to 3 rooms, but only nights credit for 1 room (although depending on brand, it frequently seems to count multiple nights although I think it's been exception glitches v policy). I don't think I have to pay for all the rooms to get the credit.

I have no idea what the hilton policy is so looking for advice. Thx!
iflyuaaa is offline  
Old May 25, 15, 3:19 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,073
Check the Terms & Conditions page of the HHonors website. Here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points
Accrual of Points #5: A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
The bolded sections should answer your questions.

You probably could also find the answer in the "PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Pertaining to Hilton HHonors" sticky thread found near the top of the Hilton forum.
writerguyfl is offline  
Old May 25, 15, 5:31 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 110
TWO

2 rooms on one folio. Have the FDA combine two rooms on one folio. Obviously, combine the highest priced rooms.
lattymong is offline  
Old May 25, 15, 9:27 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Back to London...... bye Florida
Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Posts: 5,059
If you need to book and pay for several rooms then call the hotel directly. If it is enough revenue they may give you points as an event planner.
MoreMilesPlease is offline  
Old May 25, 15, 11:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,907
Originally Posted by lattymong View Post
2 rooms on one folio. Have the FDA combine two rooms on one folio. Obviously, combine the highest priced rooms.
Though it will inevitably get screwed up, resulting in credit for only one room which can only be straightened out by contacting the DD.
smmrfld is offline  
Old May 25, 15, 12:16 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Posts: 13,637
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa View Post
If I book multiple rooms, can I get credit for all? Is there a max? Do I have to pay or all of them?

I know at SPG, I can get nights and points credit for up to 3 rooms as long as I pay for all.

With Marriott, I can get points for up to 3 rooms, but only nights credit for 1 room (although depending on brand, it frequently seems to count multiple nights although I think it's been exception glitches v policy). I don't think I have to pay for all the rooms to get the credit.

I have no idea what the hilton policy is so looking for advice. Thx!
As noted above, two rooms is the max unless you contact the hotel and book as an event planner. This is the minimum deal for event planners:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/events/planner/index.html
The deal you ultimately get depends upon what you can negotiate with the hotel.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old May 26, 15, 4:19 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Programs: United Global Services, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 323
I had a very expensive NYC stay in December for 4 rooms for a total of 24 nights that the local property was kind enough to work with me on. After that stay, I was going to be Diamond for 2015 so I asked to have 2 of the rooms in my name (since that was the limit) and 2 of the more expensive rooms in another family member's name who did not have status. After this stay, the family member would get Gold status for 2015 and I was able to top off and get my Diamond. Since I spoke with the office of the GM, they gave all 4 rooms the benefits of Diamond (free buffet breakfast/wifi) as a thank you for giving them the business. Very classy. As a side note, I had stayed at this NYC property over 10 times in the past.
LHR Wannabee is offline  
Old May 26, 15, 3:27 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA
Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Posts: 13,762
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Though it will inevitably get screwed up, resulting in credit for only one room which can only be straightened out by contacting the DD.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Moreover, the last time this happened the DD rep was insistent that only one room was eligible for the 50% My Way points and Diamond (50%) points bonus.
Points Scrounger is offline  
Old May 26, 15, 3:58 pm
  #9  
1P
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , DL GM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, BW Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
Posts: 3,208
I had three rooms on separate reservations and four on another reservation earlier this year and received credit for all seven of them. I had not been expecting this, so was pleasantly surprised.
1P is offline  
Old Feb 9, 16, 3:31 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gulf Coast
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,651
Maximizing Points off 15+ Room Booking

I'm researching a booking for 15-16 rooms for a single night in a few months. I don't need a banquet room or a conference room. Just a large block of rooms. They'll all be on one folio paid for by one credit card.

I'm well aware of the "points for 2 rooms, max" rule.

What's the best way to maximize the points for this sort of situation? Has anyone had any luck reaching out to a property's sales manager and booking large blocks of rooms as a single event and getting event points?

Thanks!
aww3583 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 16, 3:53 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Posts: 13,637
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
I'm researching a booking for 15-16 rooms for a single night in a few months. I don't need a banquet room or a conference room. Just a large block of rooms. They'll all be on one folio paid for by one credit card.

I'm well aware of the "points for 2 rooms, max" rule.

What's the best way to maximize the points for this sort of situation? Has anyone had any luck reaching out to a property's sales manager and booking large blocks of rooms as a single event and getting event points?

Thanks!
See the link I provided above:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/events/planner/index.html

Contact the sales manager and explain what you want. What you receive will depend upon what you are able to negotiate.
jerry a. laska is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: