Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many rooms can you get credit for?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 2:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

If I book multiple rooms, can I get credit for all? Is there a max? Do I have to pay or all of them?

I know at SPG, I can get nights and points credit for up to 3 rooms as long as I pay for all.

With Marriott, I can get points for up to 3 rooms, but only nights credit for 1 room (although depending on brand, it frequently seems to count multiple nights although I think it's been exception glitches v policy). I don't think I have to pay for all the rooms to get the credit.

I have no idea what the hilton policy is so looking for advice. Thx!
Old May 25, 2015, 3:19 am

Check the Terms & Conditions page of the HHonors website. Here: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points
Accrual of Points #5: A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
The bolded sections should answer your questions.

You probably could also find the answer in the "PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Pertaining to Hilton HHonors" sticky thread found near the top of the Hilton forum.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
TWO

2 rooms on one folio. Have the FDA combine two rooms on one folio. Obviously, combine the highest priced rooms.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
If you need to book and pay for several rooms then call the hotel directly. If it is enough revenue they may give you points as an event planner.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by lattymong
2 rooms on one folio. Have the FDA combine two rooms on one folio. Obviously, combine the highest priced rooms.
Though it will inevitably get screwed up, resulting in credit for only one room which can only be straightened out by contacting the DD.
Old May 25, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
If I book multiple rooms, can I get credit for all? Is there a max? Do I have to pay or all of them?

I know at SPG, I can get nights and points credit for up to 3 rooms as long as I pay for all.

With Marriott, I can get points for up to 3 rooms, but only nights credit for 1 room (although depending on brand, it frequently seems to count multiple nights although I think it's been exception glitches v policy). I don't think I have to pay for all the rooms to get the credit.

I have no idea what the hilton policy is so looking for advice. Thx!
As noted above, two rooms is the max unless you contact the hotel and book as an event planner. This is the minimum deal for event planners:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/events/planner/index.html
The deal you ultimately get depends upon what you can negotiate with the hotel.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
I had a very expensive NYC stay in December for 4 rooms for a total of 24 nights that the local property was kind enough to work with me on. After that stay, I was going to be Diamond for 2015 so I asked to have 2 of the rooms in my name (since that was the limit) and 2 of the more expensive rooms in another family member's name who did not have status. After this stay, the family member would get Gold status for 2015 and I was able to top off and get my Diamond. Since I spoke with the office of the GM, they gave all 4 rooms the benefits of Diamond (free buffet breakfast/wifi) as a thank you for giving them the business. Very classy. As a side note, I had stayed at this NYC property over 10 times in the past.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Though it will inevitably get screwed up, resulting in credit for only one room which can only be straightened out by contacting the DD.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Moreover, the last time this happened the DD rep was insistent that only one room was eligible for the 50% My Way points and Diamond (50%) points bonus.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:58 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I had three rooms on separate reservations and four on another reservation earlier this year and received credit for all seven of them. I had not been expecting this, so was pleasantly surprised.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Maximizing Points off 15+ Room Booking

I'm researching a booking for 15-16 rooms for a single night in a few months. I don't need a banquet room or a conference room. Just a large block of rooms. They'll all be on one folio paid for by one credit card.

I'm well aware of the "points for 2 rooms, max" rule.

What's the best way to maximize the points for this sort of situation? Has anyone had any luck reaching out to a property's sales manager and booking large blocks of rooms as a single event and getting event points?

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by aww3583
I'm researching a booking for 15-16 rooms for a single night in a few months. I don't need a banquet room or a conference room. Just a large block of rooms. They'll all be on one folio paid for by one credit card.

I'm well aware of the "points for 2 rooms, max" rule.

What's the best way to maximize the points for this sort of situation? Has anyone had any luck reaching out to a property's sales manager and booking large blocks of rooms as a single event and getting event points?

Thanks!
See the link I provided above:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/events/planner/index.html

Contact the sales manager and explain what you want. What you receive will depend upon what you are able to negotiate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.