Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Chicago {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I've learned if I'm staying at luxury in the US to not expect anything in the hopes of not being disappointed. In fact it was this very hotel that taught me that. A US Conrad or JW vs. an Asian Conrad or JW is a startling world of difference.
Boss stays at The Peninsula couple of blocks away, and service there is quite good. Then again, it's twice the rate. No, he won't let me stay there - ha.

I've had good/attentive service in the US at some of the Four Seasons as well.

Before I grew tired of their anemic (and now gone) loyalty program, I was getting good/personal service at a couple of Loews.

Oh well - once the Coronavirus has done it's thing, I'll take another swing through Asia and it will be nice to get that level of service.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:42 am

Update - this property is closed until October 1st.

If they pack it in (or have already), I won't be disappointed.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smithrh
Update - this property is closed until October 1st.

If they pack it in (or have already), I won't be disappointed.
I frankly much prefered the old Conrad Chicago despite its not being as new. Much more comfortable and hospitable
Michael19887 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Miesque
I frankly much prefered the old Conrad Chicago despite its not being as new. Much more comfortable and hospitable
Couldn’t agree more.Bad replacement to the former Conrad now sadly a Marriott property that was rebranded as The Gwen
a pretty decent hotel with a less than preferable decor remodel but still pretty good
upgrades are poor at the new Conrad and walls thin with noise from the outdoors
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Closed permanently?

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/11/07/...-indefinitely/
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hilton now has the following message posted on their page for the Conrad Chicago:

Hotel Leaving the Hilton Brand
Effective February 7, 2022, this hotel will no longer be affiliated with Hilton or the Honors program. Stays booked past this date will not accrue Honors points. Please contact the hotel directly with any questions.
Conrad Chicago
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hilton now has the following message posted on their page for the Conrad Chicago:

Conrad Chicago
After being closed for two years I'm not surprised it's not reopening, its ashamed Chicago will no longer have a Conrad property although i hope they may open a new Conrad at some point down the road that's way better than the current property...wish I had gotten a Conrad Chicago teddy bear before they closed.

Last edited by garney89; Jan 13, 2022 at 10:16 pm
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:54 pm

Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:12 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Yikes, two stabs at a Conrad and they both bowed out - I’d be skeptical if and when the next one opens and wonder how long that one will stick around.

Curious as to what’ll happen to this hotel; as a Hyatt enthusiast, I’d love to see it convert to an Andaz or Grand Hyatt and fill a visible hole for those brands in Hyatt’s hometown.

khabah
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by khabah
Yikes, two stabs at a Conrad and they both bowed out - I’d be skeptical if and when the next one opens and wonder how long that one will stick around.

Curious as to what’ll happen to this hotel; as a Hyatt enthusiast, I’d love to see it convert to an Andaz or Grand Hyatt and fill a visible hole for those brands in Hyatt’s hometown.

khabah
You know i was curious myself, I did a Google/Google maps search thinking it might shed some light on a new property but wasn't able to find anything, maybe after February 7th.

I'm wondering with covid still disrupting travel if a new hotel will even open or if this will remain empty for a while🤔
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by garney89

I'm wondering with covid still disrupting travel if a new hotel will even open or if this will remain empty for a while🤔
You know Hilton alone had actually open 3 new properties in Chicago during the pandemic ? All 3 of them open last year
Curio: the sable, Canopy central loop, and HGI central loop
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by khabah
Hilton just focus on the other side of the world, they opened and are opening many new properties in china including several Conrad's
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
What became of the prior Conrad? I liked it there, although my only prior Conrad stay had been in Hong Kong, and it was a step down from that.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:30 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by steveholt
What became of the prior Conrad? I liked it there, although my only prior Conrad stay had been in Hong Kong, and it was a step down from that.
It remodeled and rebranded as The Gwen, and joined Marriott’s Luxury Collection.

khabah
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Stayed there 2 times, and was never impressed, teddy bears were always out of stock. As far as Conrad's go, it was probably my least favorite of them all. Been wanting to try The Peninsula right nearby, now I may have the chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.