Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Chicago {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by danger
King suite for USD70 per night, wide open.

http://extremehoteldeals.com/hilton-conrad-chicago/
Deal Looks dead
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:37 am

I think they may have pulled the suite inventory altogether, because across a number of searches just now, I can't even get the suite room type to show as bookable at any rate.

Also, take this with a very huge grain of salt, but playing around with Chicago property searches on Hilton.com, I notice that this property goes away if you tick "executive lounge" as a required option for your search. Now, of course they could have just filled out whatever data form wrong, but it also could be an indication that this property will not have a lounge - alongside the fact that no mention of a lounge has ever been made. Sad, because this property could have been a good chance to actually bring the Conrad brand in the US up to the standards set internationally. Instead, with the focus and hype all being on the number of rooftop bars/restaurants, shipping guests to the WA to use the spa, etc., I get the feeling that this will be a nickel-and-diming property.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by danger
King suite for USD70 per night, wide open.

http://extremehoteldeals.com/hilton-conrad-chicago/
looks to be dead as i can't find any dates available with these rates.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some information:
http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/6/16/...tel-renderings
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just received an email with this link.
http://www.conradchicagohotel.com/#special-offers

The hotel is currently accepting reservations for arrival November 17, 2016 and beyond.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Great! I've had a reservation for 18NOV for quite awhile (booked with the reserve buy one get one free rate). Very much looking forward to staying in a brand new hotel!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

News and photos of the 20th floor restaurant and whisky bar:
http://chicago.eater.com/2016/11/10/...conrad-chicago
And further news of the hotel opening:
http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/11/11...o-conrad-hotel
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by arlflyer
4% suites? Doesn't sound like diamond upgrades will be very likely...
Haha, I don't know if it's only for me, but I never had a diamond suite upgrade in NA in the last three years for almost a hundred stays.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by illesus
Haha, I don't know if it's only for me, but I never had a diamond suite upgrade in NA in the last three years for almost a hundred stays.
There's a lot of discussion on the matter, and some differences of opinion - and trying not to get too off-topic for this thread - but the short answer is: you've usually gotta ask for them.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Any reports of recent stays?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:43 pm

Any reviews on this one? Do they not have an Executive Lounge at this property?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Doctorslices
Any reviews on this one? Do they not have an Executive Lounge at this property?
If you filter Chicago search results on hilton.com for properties that have an EL, it doesn't come up - so no.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no executive lounge.

The lobby is on the 20th floor. Baptiste & Bottle, a restaurant and bar, is also on this level. There are three floors of windows in the lobby looking to the north and northwest and an interior stairway down to the 19th floor where there some quiet seating areas and the meeting rooms. Check in is efficient, diamond status noted, although it does not appear that I was upgraded. Guest room floors are on floors up to 18 I believe.

The room is quite modern and well done. My room was approximately 35x12. as you enter you have about 15 feet of hallway with the bath on one side and wall units for storage on the other. A comfortable couch, table, and chair are provided near the window. Numerous electrical outlets, a 50 inch tv and electronically controlled drapes, sheers, and lights complete the setup. The bath consists of a long 8 foot vanity with double sinks, water closet at one end and a large shower at the other.

The bar was somewhat busy in the evening. The bar emphasizes bourbons and craft cocktails and has a club for folks who over time order 25 or 50 or more of the bourbons.

The fitness center is on the 8th floor with windows on one side. There are about a dozen new ellipticals, treadmills, stairsteppers,and bikes with individual tvs for cardio, a full set of dumbells, a smith machine and some free weights, a heavy bag, and various other machines. Towels and water(bottles) are provided. It is a good size space.

Breakfast was provided at Baptiste & Bottle in the morning. As a diamond I was provided a credit of $20 for each of two people ($40 total) registered in the room. $20 will cover a standard breakfast of two eggs, meat, toast, and coffee. There are a number of other menu items available. Service was efficient and enthusiastic.

I have no complaints and was quite impressed with my stay. Virtually all of the employees were young, very enthusiastic, and personable. The hotel seems to be trying to maintain a base rate of $200, much like the WA maintaining at least a $250 base. If I get some time I will try to upload some photos later.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I have no complaints and was quite impressed with my stay. Virtually all of the employees were young, very enthusiastic, and personable. The hotel seems to be trying to maintain a base rate of $200, much like the WA maintaining at least a $250 base. If I get some time I will try to upload some photos later.
Curious about what you think of the value proposition. Was a bit surprised to see that in addition to no lounge, there's also no pool or spa (which I believe was also the same at the old location). I am a huge fan of the Asian Conrads, and this new iteration of the Chicago location seems to fall very short of that. Maybe my expectations of what Conrads represent are also skewed?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Curious about what you think of the value proposition. Was a bit surprised to see that in addition to no lounge, there's also no pool or spa (which I believe was also the same at the old location). I am a huge fan of the Asian Conrads, and this new iteration of the Chicago location seems to fall very short of that. Maybe my expectations of what Conrads represent are also skewed?
I stayed there in November just after it opened, and I thought it was pretty basic in terms of amenities. The bar/restaurant on the top floor was fine, but that is it. Breakfast is in the same place. There is a more informal place on the ground floor which serves breakfast too, but I was informed the breakfast voucher (I am a diamond) is only accepted in the main restaurant, not downstairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.