Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
What kind of "drinks"?
Heh - well nothing super special. There was a decent coffee counter and a wall full of cold drinks for sale.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
just stayed here 6 nights on points. I liked the hotel quite a bit. on my next trip to HNL, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. best things were location and breakfast. the friendly staff keep the hotel spotless.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 5:54 pm

How in the name of all that is holy does this hotel get away with calling itself a resort and charging a resort fee?!

At least the Sheraton on the beach gives you parking for the resort fee, but $29 for coffee/tea (which every hotel puts in the rooms anyways) and internet (which I get as a diamond) is absurd. Not sure how you can consider this hotel a resort.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Frindle
How in the name of all that is holy does this hotel get away with calling itself a resort and charging a resort fee?!

At least the Sheraton on the beach gives you parking for the resort fee, but $29 for coffee/tea (which every hotel puts in the rooms anyways) and internet (which I get as a diamond) is absurd. Not sure how you can consider this hotel a resort.
Just for the record, Sheraton Waikiki charges $37.70 resort fee PLUS $45 + tax valet parking fee.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Frindle

Originally Posted by araknis
Just for the record, Sheraton Waikiki charges $37.70 resort fee PLUS $45 + tax valet parking fee.
Unfortunately, Waikiki has become what I've described to others: Manhattan with palm trees.

David
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by araknis
Well that’s a change since the last time I was there. =(
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, Im headed to waikiki in a few weeks with a family of 4. Spending one night in the city and then transferring to Aulani. We are getting in somewhat late (9PM), and I currently have a room booked at the hawaiian village on points. Im debating on moving over to this property. Does the diamond breakfast cover everyone in the room, or only member plus one guest? I know the hawaiian village breakfast allowance is pretty dismal, so that's why im considering moving here.

Do resort fees apply to award stays?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Hi, Im headed to waikiki in a few weeks with a family of 4. Spending one night in the city and then transferring to Aulani. We are getting in somewhat late (9PM), and I currently have a room booked at the hawaiian village on points. Im debating on moving over to this property. Does the diamond breakfast cover everyone in the room, or only member plus one guest? I know the hawaiian village breakfast allowance is pretty dismal, so that's why im considering moving here.

Hi,

Resort fees do not apply to full points awards stays ( they do to cash and points). Mention of the resort fee may be on your email confirmation ( IT issues) but will not be on your final bill.
I'm not 100% sure on breakfast benefits ( I think technically it is the member + 1 guest but some hotels may extend it to all guests in the room)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I stayed there last night. Ok stay, ending in continuing frustration.

Gold. Pleasant room upgrade from what I booked. Long check-in line, with no Honors preferential line available. Never given whatever I'm supposed to get for "resort fee" (such as suntan lotion, coupon book, etc - figured it would be in room - nope). Decent breakfast. I was going to check out in person, but didn't, as there was a line. I attempted check-out on app, and it said that I'd already been checked out. While I was waiting for my flight, i received the invoice, which shows a valet parking charge. I called the hotel. Agent was going to investigate. I did not have a car - taxi to hotel, Lyft back to airport.

Response from hotel was:
Aloha Mr. Eastbay1K,Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach. I followed up with our Valet Department and they have confirmed that you did indeed park a vehicle (Ticket #xxxxxxx for the duration of your stay (Conf. #yyyyyyyyy ). The parking charges will stand.Please contact us if you have any questions.
Mahalo,
Mr. Front Desk Agent

I replied again - still no resolution.

Sour end to what was an ok stay. This is why I "front desk" check out about 90% of the time.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
So maybe someone used your room number to park?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by Chukiechz

By the rules, the Diamond breakfast is only free for two persons. However, the serving staff will often cut slack for kids. We have stayed at this hotel for ~ 30 nights and have only been charged once for our 9 year old granddaughter. And, the charge for kids is substantially less than for adults. I do not know how the serving staff would treat extra adults. Be aware that the full price of the breakfast is, in my opinion, way too expensive for what is offered.

A few other quirks about this property--the pool towels are issued by an automatic dispenser and the dispenser's sign says the towels are tracked to be sure they are returned. I have only seen one towel with what appeared to be an electronic ID attached. I seriously doubt that there is any actual tracking done.

Also, the mini-mart attached to the hotel seems to be less expensive for many items than the ABC stores or, in fact, than the supermarket across the street. Their mochi gets great reviews from our granddaughter too!

We have visited Waikiki frequently over the past 40 years and gave up on the Hilton Hawaiian Village long ago. It is just too crowded, overpriced, and the sand at that stretch of the beach too industrial for our tastes. Also their diamond upgrades have dwindled, at least in our perception, over the years.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I stayed there last night. Ok stay, ending in continuing frustration.

Gold. Pleasant room upgrade from what I booked. Long check-in line, with no Honors preferential line available. Never given whatever I'm supposed to get for "resort fee" (such as suntan lotion, coupon book, etc - figured it would be in room - nope). Decent breakfast. I was going to check out in person, but didn't, as there was a line. I attempted check-out on app, and it said that I'd already been checked out. While I was waiting for my flight, i received the invoice, which shows a valet parking charge. I called the hotel. Agent was going to investigate. I did not have a car - taxi to hotel, Lyft back to airport.

Response from hotel was:
Aloha Mr. Eastbay1K,Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach. I followed up with our Valet Department and they have confirmed that you did indeed park a vehicle (Ticket #xxxxxxx for the duration of your stay (Conf. #yyyyyyyyy ). The parking charges will stand.Please contact us if you have any questions.
Mahalo,
Mr. Front Desk Agent

I replied again - still no resolution.

Sour end to what was an ok stay. This is why I "front desk" check out about 90% of the time.
That's not right.

Just for the record, the "suntan lotion" included in the "resort fee" is from a dispenser near the poolside bar. Not that this in any way justifies the so-called resort fee.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
By the rules, the Diamond breakfast is only free for two persons. However, the serving staff will often cut slack for kids. We have stayed at this hotel for ~ 30 nights and have only been charged once for our 9 year old granddaughter. And, the charge for kids is substantially less than for adults. I do not know how the serving staff would treat extra adults. Be aware that the full price of the breakfast is, in my opinion, way too expensive for what is offered.

A few other quirks about this property--the pool towels are issued by an automatic dispenser and the dispenser's sign says the towels are tracked to be sure they are returned. I have only seen one towel with what appeared to be an electronic ID attached. I seriously doubt that there is any actual tracking done.

Also, the mini-mart attached to the hotel seems to be less expensive for many items than the ABC stores or, in fact, than the supermarket across the street. Their mochi gets great reviews from our granddaughter too!

We have visited Waikiki frequently over the past 40 years and gave up on the Hilton Hawaiian Village long ago. It is just too crowded, overpriced, and the sand at that stretch of the beach too industrial for our tastes. Also their diamond upgrades have dwindled, at least in our perception, over the years.
Update: The price of the buffet breakfast has been drastically reduced. The HGI Waikiki now charges $13.99 for adult breakfast, $9 for kids older than 3. This is a reasonable price for the buffet. If you just want a loco moco, it's $8.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:51 pm
Suspended

IMHO there is only 1 Resort in Wailili and thats The Hilton Hawaiian Village, Period Stop

Every place else is simply a Hotel with an outdoor pool (some slightly larger then a bathtub) and maybe an hot tub a swell. They are located in a tourist area
but are simply no different then any DT hotel in AnyPlace ,USA (Ok some of the older hotels along the beach have Ocean Views but they arent a resort)

And dont get me started on so called Destination Fees, I think Im gonna start charging the hotels for having me in house as a guest and bill them for a Celebrity Fee
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by craz
IMHO there is only 1 Resort in Wailili and thats The Hilton Hawaiian Village, Period Stop

Every place else is simply a Hotel with an outdoor pool (some slightly larger then a bathtub) and maybe an hot tub a swell. They are located in a tourist area
but are simply no different then any DT hotel in AnyPlace ,USA (Ok some of the older hotels along the beach have Ocean Views but they arent a resort)

And dont get me started on so called Destination Fees, I think Im gonna start charging the hotels for having me in house as a guest and bill them for a Celebrity Fee
If the food places at Oakland airport can charge 2% for "airport health benefits surcharge," I should be able to charge 2% for "paying credit card bill surcharge."
dmarge18 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.