Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I stayed at this property just before kpbadger and left on the 3rd. I love the location but found the hotel to average in every respect other than location.

1. I think they should note the restaurant not being open on their web site as it seems a bit deceptive to advertise it and it not be open.

2. There is a ton of noise from the construction going on across the street and if you are out at the pool area then it is not possible to relax.

3. I find Dukes breakfast to be one of my least favorite around Waikiki. I like the view but not a lot of interesting items on the menu and it never changes.

4. My room rate included late check out but have a feeling you arent getting one otherwise. Your key card stops working right at check out time also.

5. As a Diamond I was upgrade to what is labeled as a "quiet" room and was facing the ocean but not a great view of course due to the buildings blocking it. It was a pretty small room and I never like the sink out in the middle of the room but in Hawaii I dont spent a lot of time in the room anyways.

6. At check-out noticed my rate had changed. I was getting charged for the upgrade they gave me....had to argue for an hour to get it changed.

Cant say that I was that impressed with the property. I will not say that I wont return but it would simply be because of the location not the hotel.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I couldn't get into the fitness center, but it looked like it was junk equipment (not Precor, Life Fitness, Technogym.)
Seven new StarTrac treadmills and three StarTrac recumbent bikes in a small room. While not preferred brand, not bad machines that retail for $6500 and $2900 respectively. Made in same Utah factory as the better known brands.

Check-in at 1:30 today. Assigned room on 19th floor was not ready. Accepted room on 17th floor for immediate occupancy. Beats joining a very crowded lobby awaiting the official 3 PM check-in. Room 173X looks towards the ocean and is great for the afternoon sun. Rooms on opposite side are numbered 174X. This particular room has straight view of water.

Unlike previous photos, this room has suitable space for work if you don't mind sitting on bench versus chair. It's a small room that would be tight for two. Solo, it was fine. EVERYTHING in room/bath is new.

Breakfast at Duke's.....meh. That's better than what I can say for the typical HGI breakfast.

Paid $160+. $6 less than the previous two nights at DT for old this and that and very poor AC. For the price, I like this place. I've had quite a few stays at Hyatt, but not willing to pay $130 more per day.

Last edited by hedoman; Nov 19, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Old May 13, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any newer reports? I have an upcoming stay (decided to check it out and save a few $ over the Hilton on Kuhio (especially with the Amex offer). HH Gold here.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any newer reports? I have an upcoming stay (decided to check it out and save a few $ over the Hilton on Kuhio (especially with the Amex offer). HH Gold here.
Just stayed here. The report below is pretty accurate, except that now the in-house restaurant is open for breakfast buffet. Pretty decent spread (4+ kinds of sausages!).

Originally Posted by hedoman
Seven new StarTrac treadmills and three StarTrac recumbent bikes in a small room. While not preferred brand, not bad machines that retail for $6500 and $2900 respectively. Made in same Utah factory as the better known brands.

Check-in at 1:30 today. Assigned room on 19th floor was not ready. Accepted room on 17th floor for immediate occupancy. Beats joining a very crowded lobby awaiting the official 3 PM check-in. Room 173X looks towards the ocean and is great for the afternoon sun. Rooms on opposite side are numbered 174X. This particular room has straight view of water.

Unlike previous photos, this room has suitable space for work if you don't mind sitting on bench versus chair. It's a small room that would be tight for two. Solo, it was fine. EVERYTHING in room/bath is new.

Breakfast at Duke's.....meh. That's better than what I can say for the typical HGI breakfast.

Paid $160+. $6 less than the previous two nights at DT for old this and that and very poor AC. For the price, I like this place. I've had quite a few stays at Hyatt, but not willing to pay $130 more per day.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Will be checking here on Thursday of this week for a work trip that has me in the area for 3 nights.

Just booked the room today and am hopeful that my stay will be pleasant. The rate offered was the least expensive of all of the Hilton properties during my scheduled time on the Island.

Will report my findings later.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any recent stays? Contemplating staying here in September...
Old May 27, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any recent stays? Contemplating staying here in September...
Just got back from a 3 night stay. The hotel still looks quite new which was nice given that some of the hotels and resorts in Hawaii are getting pretty dated. We had a room on the 9th floor. The room was a good size though we had a king with the sofa bed (didn't use it) so I'm not sure how big the regular rooms are. We could sometimes hear people walking past and sometimes heard the slamming of other people's doors but it wasn't too common and not enough to disturb us. In the mornings we could faintly hear someone talking next door so not the best for soundproofing but you had to be close to the wall and listening pretty intently to really notice.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The normal price was $13.99 and the vouchers supposedly include both tax and gratuity. Breakfast had the following:
- Made to order omelet, eggs
- White rice and Fried Rice
- French toast and red velvet waffles
- Meats (Sausage, bacon, Portuguese sausage, ham in some sort of sauce)
- Potatoes
- Biscuits and gravy
- Yogurt, oatmeal, fruit etc.

Location was good, right and easy to walk to the places that we wanted to go. Valet parking was expensive but we knew that going in so it wasn't a surprise.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks! Will likely give it a try
Old May 30, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Apparently this HGI charges a resort fee now, even though they didn't as recently as 2 months ago...
Old May 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Apparently this HGI charges a resort fee now, even though they didn't as recently as 2 months ago...
I'll be there next week and I just checked the situation online. There is indeed now a resort fee ($25/night). For government reservations, it states:

GOVERNMENT W/1 BKFST US MILITARY OR GOVERNMENT ID REQUIRED RESERVATIONS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO RESORT CHARGE

Since I'll be on official travel on a government booking, I should be okay.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jefftiger
I'll be there next week and I just checked the situation online. There is indeed now a resort fee ($25/night). For government reservations, it states:

GOVERNMENT W/1 BKFST US MILITARY OR GOVERNMENT ID REQUIRED RESERVATIONS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO RESORT CHARGE

Since I'll be on official travel on a government booking, I should be okay.
That's good to know. I wonder if that means booked through DTS or anyone on gov travel with an ID.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
For what? It's a HGI! There are no amenities, it's not on the beach, has no pool (right?).
Old May 30, 2018, 8:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
For what? It's a HGI! There are no amenities, it's not on the beach, has no pool (right?).
The pool is tiny, and in the shade a lot of the day. Not a "resort" pool like HHV or ES. It's a decent enough hotel but just plummeted in my Waikiki choice matrix.

Bah.

TDM
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Stayed with wife and toddler for two nights after a week in Maui about a month ago. The property provided good value for peak summer season and the location was very convenient for Waikiki-centric activities. There's a large Food Pantry next door if you need groceries and the lobby market has good on-the-go drinks and snacks too. Breakfast was about average, although on the first morning they didn't have my name on the diamond list, so had to go back to the front desk and get vouchers. They fixed it for the second morning.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by groovbusta
lobby market has good on-the-go drinks.
What kind of "drinks"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.