Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've gotten that room. It's very large and two windows/balconies is nice, especially if you have the Diamond Head view. But the room itself is very sparsely furnished; the space is not well utilized at all. I'd rather have a normal room in Ali'i, though I will say the Rainbow Tower view of Diamond Head is spectacular.
After all these years I agree with you, nothing like the Ali'i even though the doorman is gone and the "girls" moved to the Rainbow Tower
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: HH Silver
I booked a standard waterview room through Costcotravel. Lowly Silver status. Any suggestions on which tower I should ask for?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
I booked a standard waterview room through Costcotravel. Lowly Silver status. Any suggestions on which tower I should ask for?
Well, it's highly doubtful you will get Ali'i maybe just maybe Rainbow if not Tapa

you know you will not get points when you book low cost online services.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Well, it's highly doubtful you will get Ali'i maybe just maybe Rainbow if not Tapa

you know you will not get points when you book low cost online services.
Thanks, yes I know I will not get points. I am basically ruling out any upgrade at all, and just wanting to know which tower is best in the oceanview category. It states that they are in the Diamond Head, Tapa, or Kalia towers. Only thing I really would like is a balcony, but also wondering if one tower has larger rooms, or one has been remodeled, or one is away from noise/construction, close to pool, etc.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I will arrive at HNL on 04/23/2016 very late, about 9:40PM. What is the best and hopefully cheapest way to get to this resort that late?

I don't think I will get any upgrade by being there so late.

Also, I booked two nights on HILTON's 25% flash sale,claiming to be $141 per night. It ended up to be $392 for two nights including resort fee and taxes, so far.
I think I should get some AA miles (I selected AA miles on my profile) on those two nights.

Last edited by ylord789; Mar 26, 2016 at 4:59 pm
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I was just next door at the always-excellent Embassy Suites Beachwalk yesterday. Airport to ES at 1130pm. Used Lyft (cheaper than Uber) at $18 bucks or so. Easily half the price of a cab.

I may have heard Uber drops off, but can't pick up at HNL. (Check)

There's not many Lyft drivers in the area, so it took 15-20 min from hailing one on the iPhone app to the time I was picked up.

I'd say as soon as you get off the plane, have your app look for drivers and plan accordingly to hit "request Lyft" to time it with your arrival curbside.

The app said Lyft would pick up at "the wikiwiki bus area" which isn't clearly marked, but curbside, closest to the doors (not the buses to rental cars on the second curbs) worked. I sent the driver a text through the app to give him a heads up what door I was under, etc.

Alternatively, the CHEAPEST, is going to be the city bus. Walk down to farthest "local airlines" terminal and I think it's the #72 bus takes you to Ala Moana mall (nice food court for fast affordable lunches) and onward to Waikiki Beach. However, it's a milk run that stops all over and probably triples if not quadruples time to Waikiki vs a car or Uber/cab/Lyft. I did it once because I'm curious/cheap/experiential like that but probably wouldn't again. Burns too much valuable beach time.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks, yes I know I will not get points. I am basically ruling out any upgrade at all, and just wanting to know which tower is best in the oceanview category. It states that they are in the Diamond Head, Tapa, or Kalia towers. Only thing I really would like is a balcony, but also wondering if one tower has larger rooms, or one has been remodeled, or one is away from noise/construction, close to pool, etc.

Thanks again.
For proximity to the water, you want Diamond Head or Tapa. Here's a resort map. I believe Tapa has been renovated, not sure about Diamond Head.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by ylord789
I will arrive at HNL on 04/23/2016 very late, about 9:40PM. What is the best and hopefully cheapest way to get to this resort that late?

I don't think I will get any upgrade by being there so late.

Also, I booked two nights on HILTON's 25% flash sale,claiming to be $141 per night. It ended up to be $392 for two nights including resort fee and taxes, so far.
I think I should get some AA miles (I selected AA miles on my profile) on those two nights.
the front desk is busy almost 24 hours a day, you have flights coming in from many parts of the world and people checking out late. So you might get lucky it's a crap shoot at times anyway. Has been for the 30 or so years I have been coming here
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I was just next door at the always-excellent Embassy Suites Beachwalk yesterday. Airport to ES at 1130pm. Used Lyft (cheaper than Uber) at $18 bucks or so. Easily half the price of a cab.

I may have heard Uber drops off, but can't pick up at HNL. (Check)

There's not many Lyft drivers in the area, so it took 15-20 min from hailing one on the iPhone app to the time I was picked up.

I'd say as soon as you get off the plane, have your app look for drivers and plan accordingly to hit "request Lyft" to time it with your arrival curbside.

The app said Lyft would pick up at "the wikiwiki bus area" which isn't clearly marked, but curbside, closest to the doors (not the buses to rental cars on the second curbs) worked. I sent the driver a text through the app to give him a heads up what door I was under, etc.

Alternatively, the CHEAPEST, is going to be the city bus. Walk down to farthest "local airlines" terminal and I think it's the #72 bus takes you to Ala Moana mall (nice food court for fast affordable lunches) and onward to Waikiki Beach. However, it's a milk run that stops all over and probably triples if not quadruples time to Waikiki vs a car or Uber/cab/Lyft. I did it once because I'm curious/cheap/experiential like that but probably wouldn't again. Burns too much valuable beach time.

Thanks very much for your info.
I have been very cheap for many years and probably will be cheap for some more years. But I would be surprised that the city buses would run that late, most likely at 10:30PM in my case.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
the front desk is busy almost 24 hours a day, you have flights coming in from many parts of the world and people checking out late. So you might get lucky it's a crap shoot at times anyway. Has been for the 30 or so years I have been coming here
Thanks. It is my first time in this resort. If we don't get an upgrade, we are OK if we don't get lost.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I have been very cheap for many years and probably will be cheap for some more years. But I would be surprised that the city buses would run that late, most likely at 10:30PM in my case.
They definitely run that late. The last #19 for instance, leaves the airport at 1:22am. http://www.thebus.org/route/Timetables/Rt19.pdf. There are other routes that go to Waikiki as well.
Check out the schedules at http://www.thebus.org

Last edited by Finkface; Mar 26, 2016 at 6:20 pm Reason: Fixed link
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:10 pm

Public transportation in most cities around the world end around this time. Can always fly in at a reasonable hour!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
They definitely run that late. The last #19 for instance, leaves the airport at 1:22am. http://www.thebus.org/route/Timetables/Rt19.pdf. There are other routes that go to Waikiki as well.
Check out the schedules at http://www.thebus.org

Thanks very much. I am happy to know such option exists.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
For proximity to the water, you want Diamond Head or Tapa. Here's a resort map. I believe Tapa has been renovated, not sure about Diamond Head.
Thanks! Looks like either Tapa or Diamond Head is what I will request.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:03 am

Thanks! Looks like either Tapa or Diamond Head is what I will request.
Actually Tapa is "back of the house" street side, still if not in Ali'i and can not get Rainbow then Tapa is the best choice. It's a newer tower other than the vacation units.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.