Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by UAFAM
what is Nor1 ?
That's what they used to call the upgrade list you showed - maybe a different company is running it now?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
UAFAM - how do you see that upgrade screen? where do i click on my reservation summary?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
UAFAM - how do you see that upgrade screen? where do i click on my reservation summary?
I've found that it usually appears immediately after booking "See your custom upgrade"...and then again a short time before travel. Go look at your original e-mail confirmation and see if "see your custom upgrade" is on there.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I see these upgrades available:
Read the print. It does not say those are "available" upgrades. It's basically a paid waitlist.
BoeingOrNotGoing likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Read the print. It does not say those are "available" upgrades. It's basically a paid waitlist.
I don't care, cause Im only looking for complimentary upgrade!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've found that it usually appears immediately after booking "See your custom upgrade"...and then again a short time before travel. Go look at your original e-mail confirmation and see if "see your custom upgrade" is on there.
Thank you. Alas, no such option exists in my email nor on the Hilton website where i view reservation confirmations.

I'd happily bid for upgraded rooms at the prices UAFAM pasted above.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:01 pm

I don't care, cause Im only looking for complimentary upgrade!
Hey you never know, we were upgraded at Hiltons in Maui and on the Big island, so maybe you'll get lucky. The HHV has so many room types that an "upgrade" could be just a better view in the tower you booked, so hopefully you booked a tower you'd be happy with.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:28 pm

Hey you never know, we were upgraded at Hiltons in Maui and on the Big island, so maybe you'll get lucky. The HHV has so many room types that an "upgrade" could be just a better view in the tower you booked, so hopefully you booked a tower you'd be happy with.
Agreed ^
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:52 am

I just made a reservation at Hilton Waikiki (Kuhio) and can co firm this option did appear automatically on my reservation and by email

And yes, it is still Nor1 system

perhaps I am not getting this for my Waikiki Resort booking as that one is 100% points stay.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
There's a promo for Suites at HHV: Suite Sale. Save 50% off Waikiki Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village. runs from 230-30 July for bookings from August 2018.

Can anyone comment on "Junior Suite, Spacious Junior Suite in Tapa or Diamond Head Tower with Resort & Ocean Views. Includes extended relaxation area, sofa-bed and an outdoor balcony/lanai with comfortable seating. " It doesn't look that great on pictures, a little dated. I previously stayed in Ocean Front Room in Ali Tower and some cheap random room with City View in other tower. From reviews, it looks like it's better to avoid Tapa and Diamond Head Towers, so maybe that's why they are sold cheaper in promo.

Is $20 daily benfit per room or is it $10 per person? I'm going alone this time and wonder if I still get $20 per day or should I say that there's two of us staying.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Jul 24, 2018 at 6:34 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Can anyone comment on "Junior Suite, Spacious Junior Suite in Tapa or Diamond Head Tower with Resort & Ocean Views. Includes extended relaxation area, sofa-bed and an outdoor balcony/lanai with comfortable seating. " It doesn't look that great on pictures, a little dated. I previously stayed in Ocean Front Room in Ali Tower and some cheap random room with City View in other tower. From reviews, it looks like it's better to avoid Tapa and Diamond Head Towers, so maybe that's why they are sold cheaper in promo.
I've had decent stays in the Tapa tower, the rooms there have been renovated and the views can be nice (though not as good as Rainbow or Ali'i). Personally though I really appreciate the benefits of Ali'i, including particularly the private check-in, pool, and fitness center. Also, even the regular rooms in Ali'i are very good sized (and I think the Ali'i oceanfront corner is the true sweet spot at this property).

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Is $20 daily benfit per room or is it $10 per person? I'm going alone this time and wonder if I still get $20 per day or should I say that there's two of us staying.
Technically it's $10 per person, but they just applied $20 per day to my bill last time. That was in Ali'i.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've had decent stays in the Tapa tower, the rooms there have been renovated and the views can be nice (though not as good as Rainbow or Ali'i). Personally though I really appreciate the benefits of Ali'i, including particularly the private check-in, pool, and fitness center. Also, even the regular rooms in Ali'i are very good sized (and I think the Ali'i oceanfront corner is the true sweet spot at this property).

Technically it's $10 per person, but they just applied $20 per day to my bill last time. That was in Ali'i.
''Also aloud be noted the noise level at Tapa is high
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:45 am

Just stayed last week 4 days (family of 4) The folio had a $80 credit (10x2x4 day’s) for food as a single line item for my Diamond status. Which doesn’t go really far but I digress.

Booked Tapa resort view on a points stay but after day 1 was moved to Rainbow oceanfront. Other than the annoyance of repacking it was a sweet upgrade during a really busy time. Hospitality room pre red-eye is always welcome too.
happychic likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Quick trip report for a 5 night stay at a busy as usual HHV. Booked 1 room on points for 5 nights and another room paid for 3 nights. Spouse handled check in while I handled the kids and the front desk staff checking us in was horrible, guy ranted about how diamond didn't mean anything anymore and how everyone is diamond, etc. We were just looking for two rooms close together and never expect any sort of big upgrade at the HHV. Diamond benefits that I noticed were choice of $20/day credit or free continental breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai. Continental breakfast was by far the better choice, it cost $30/person and kids under 5 are free, and HH diamond are put to top of the list when their is a wait. Plus $10 barely gets you a coffee and muffin at the Starbucks.

Had to lobby hard for a 1pm late checkout which we were giving very reluctantly and was able to reserve the hospitality room as uastarflyer mentioned which is very nice for catching a late flight. Slightly off topic there are two HUI cars available right across Ala Moana Blvd., which you can use for $10/hour or $95/day and includes parking and gas.

Last edited by BoeingOrNotGoing; Aug 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Quick trip report for a 5 night stay at a busy as usual HHV. Booked 1 room on points for 5 nights and another room paid for 3 nights. Spouse handled check in while I handled the kids and the front desk staff checking us in was horrible, guy ranted about how diamond didn't mean anything anymore and how everyone is diamond, etc. We were just looking for two rooms close together and never expect any sort of big upgrade at the HHV. Diamond benefits that I noticed were choice of $20/day credit or free continental breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai, waived resort fee. Continental breakfast was by far the better choice, it cost $30/person and kids under 5 are free, and HH diamond are put to top of the list when their is a wait. Plus $10 barely gets you a coffee and muffin at the Starbucks.

Had to lobby hard for a 1pm late checkout which we were giving very reluctantly and was able to reserve the hospitality room as uastarflyer mentioned which is very nice for catching a late flight. Slightly off topic there are two HUI cars available right across Ala Moana Blvd., which you can use for $10/hour or $95/day and includes parking and gas.
What tower/room did you book, and what did you end up getting? Did you get your rooms adjacent after all?

Continental breakfast for Diamonds at the Rainbow Lanai sounds like the old days. Glad that choice is back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.