Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Totopez
I stayed here with wife and two kids last summer. Front desk gave me four breakfast vouchers per day without asking for it.
I shared a room with two friends two years ago and they wouldn't budge They only gave me four vouchers for two days We ate breakfast at Sears nearby the one day and used three vouchers the next day at Urban and the fourth towards a Starbucks purchase. At least the server waived off the $10 upgrade fee for the full buffet.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Had a stay there this past weekend for three nights. It's been a while since I stayed there (I haven't stayed there since Parc 55 joined Hilton but the rate was significantly lower this weekend than 55).

I like the digital key. Worked great except for one time when the hilton site/app was down for maintenance, so I would recomend getting a keycard for back up as well.

I had checked in ahead of time for the digital key but went to the front desk since I always needed vouchers in the past. They need a dedicated diamond check in line, the lines were absurd and they only have an HH Line. I also wanted to ask for an upgrade. I was told vouchers were no longer required and to just sign and they would credit it back to my account. I was told that since I registered for two people that I could have a contental breakfast in Urban tavern with a $10 upcharge for full or a $10 per day person. I was told that if the second person in the room (and there was only me, I booked it for two though) that if only one person opted for breakfast in the ubran trvern and the other person didn't use the creidt the $10 upcharge would be waived. I was preupgraded to a "deluxe" room in Tower 1 and told they no longer do suite upgrades.

I received an offer when booking for a $15 f&b credit for posting the stay on Twitter and did that. I was told the same the front desk told me at check in by the server the first morning at Urban Tavern that if I was dining alone I could have the full buffet for free as long as I didn't use the credit later that day.

I had a problem with the digital key Saturday night and had to wait in a long line again for a regular key so in the future I will stop by the front desk and make sure I have a key card just for a back up.

They still slide the bills under the door and noticed I was charge the $10 upcharge each day (they did apply the $15 F&B credit ok for the Herb n kitchen purchase). I called and got transferred twice and finally the person I talked to figured it out and did a $30 credit so I wouldn't have to deal with the current mornings breakfast.

I think the quality of the breakfast has gone downhill. They still will do cooked to order eggs/omletes if you ask your server but I think the food choices have gone down from last stay. One nice thing is that the graduity is now added onto the bill so that's handled. It was a little over $42 with tax and tip so sure not worth it if paying out of pocket. One plus was in the past there was normally a line for a table and I had no wait any of the mornings even though the hotel was pretty full with pride and a vet convention going on.

No issue at all getting a 2:30 checkout which is unusual there.

The breakfast option for gold's is a $10 credit. Herb and Kitchen is open until midnight (I know starbucks used to close a lot earlier) but I don't think the $10 will go very far. It was $4 plus tax for a 20 oz bottle of diet coke and $5 for a cupcake.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:38 pm

Looks like they don't give coupons anymore. I selected 2 adults in the room although I am traveling alone. Diamond here.

Do you know if we can use the free continental breakfast (1st person) with the $10 dining credit (2nd person) to get the upgrade to full?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:18 am

Just a note to check your final bill. I am a Diamond, so free continental breakfast for myself and partner. This hotel charges your bill and then manually credits off before checkout. However our final breakfast wasn't credited. Huge checkout queue so did express checkout. Quick email to hotel and refund sorted with no problem. Good income stream from those who don't check.
$15 credit from Twitter post was mentioned at check in, kudos.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Looks like they don't give coupons anymore. I selected 2 adults in the room although I am traveling alone. Diamond here.

Do you know if we can use the free continental breakfast (1st person) with the $10 dining credit (2nd person) to get the upgrade to full?
Yes just make sure you say there are two in the room. I was told at both check in and by the waiter the first morning that if the "second person" chose not to have breakfast then I could apply the $10 credit towards the full breakfast and it would be free. I had some issues when I saw the bill that was left under my door the morning of checkout without that being the case and spent about 5 minutes on the phone before they credited it out.

The final morning after going through the phone call I just did the cont. breakfast buffet and used the $10 at the store since I was going to be out all day and wanted a soda and muffin for later since I was on a red eye home that night and like the poster above I was charged a couple days later (I did a check out an hour after breakfast and was on a points stay and told no balance). Spent another 10 minutes on the phone getting that straightened out.

One nice thing is that the gratuity is included for the buffet now and there is a $15 food and beverage credit if you use the link to share the stay on Twitter.

I don't know why Hilton is so cheap about giving the full breakfast since Hyatt does it at their properties with no lounges for diamonds.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Completed stay there 8/15. No coupons. They deduct the price of the continental (plus service and tax) from the bill. This is better than the $10 up charge because the difference between continental and full is $7.

I have no idea why I got a $15 food credit, but I did (I spent about $13 at the deli and put it on the room).

One day I was charged $7 for the kid's breakfast; but another I was charged the full amount. Unfortunately I was charged the kid's breakfast on the last day. I didn't want to go back and fight the difference two days later. (Maybe I should have).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Plat
Can confirm some of the recent updates above.

For Gold Members $10 Credit per person per day
Breakfast Brunch is now $34 plus automatic gratuity and tax

Overall a REALLY busy property but I have found the staff to be great.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
Completed a stay here with the family this weekend. As reported before, $10 credit (per person, up to 2 people) is given for breakfast. We used our credit at Herb & Kitchen which was hideously overpriced (even for an upscale, urban hotel).

There is really no excuse why this property doesn't have a regular breakfast offered to Gold/Diamond members. The CityScapes venue on the 46th floor is only open from 5 p.m. to midnight and could be easily adapted for elite breakfast. In fact, the benefit would be a nice, special perk since the views are outstanding.

Our reservation was for a classic 2-bed room which was "upgraded" to an "Urban Contemporary" room. Same size, but nicer furnishings and our room was in Tower 3 which was renovated.

Our only disappointment with the hotel was for the bad advice from the Concierge. They recommended a tour from Tower Tours, which has a convenient office in the lobby. I suppose that if Tower Tours is a tenant of Hilton, they feel compelled to throw some business their way. Our 3.5 hour city tour had the most apathetic tour driver we have ever encountered. He was a miserable old man who told us one macabre death story after another (2 separate riptide fatalities at the beach, cyclist hitting streetcar tracks and thrown under bus, etc.) I could go on, but you get the idea.

In summary, a great location for downtown shopping, cable cars and other touristy stuff. Steep prices and low HH perks.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Completed a stay here earlier this week.

Upgrade was nothing to write home about, they wouldn't upgrade me to a suite even though there was availability online and gave us an Urban renovated room.

We asked for a 2:30 check out and was given it with no problems.

They changed the breakfast around a little bit since I've last stayed here. In the past it was a $10 charge for the full breakfast or complimentary continental in the restaurant or a Starbucks voucher. Now it is your choice of a $10 per person credit or the continental buffet in the restaurant and if you want the hot options they charge you and deduct the price of the continental, so it comes out to only $7 per person for the full breakfast and now includes tip.

Definite breakfast improvement for diamonds that eat the hot buffet. It is irritating that they charge diamonds for a hot breakfast with no lounge when Hyatt's don't but it is a better breakfast options than a lot of Hilton's I've been at.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Called the front desk at a slow time for an overnight paid stay/classic room in 3 weeks, flirted with the nice lady and she made a note to add an extra cont'l. breakfast coupon for our 9 yr. old. We'll see how that works, since it was reported upthread they don't use coupons anymore...

UPDATE -

Given 3 coupons for restaurant or pastry/beverage at the lobby coffee counter. As the line to sit on 12/26 at 9:30am was 50 people long, we opted for the pastry.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jan 13, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have a 3 night stay on kind of a weird deal; got $111 for 12/30, had to use 50k for 12/31 - rate jumped to over $400 - then $111 again for 1/1. My wife cares more about a view then a suite so thinking about upgrading the first night and hope they don't ask us to move, $53, we have 3 separate rev numbers. Anybody had any experience trying this?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
I stayed here in early November. I am only gold (one more stay to Diamond!) but we (party of two) were offered a voucher for Herb and Kitchen for a "continental breakfast" which was clearly outlined as one pastry, one juice, and one whole fruit (bananas, bad apples, sour oranges). That is it. No other options. I begged the guy behind the counter to allow me to substitute a Chobani yogurt for the pastry, pointing out that the yogurt costs less than the pastry and he agreed, but I heard other people in line trying to substitute like-priced items and they were unsuccessful.

I really like this hotel. The skyline from our room was outstanding and the location is good, but I was underwhelmed by the breakfast offering for gold members. Next time, I will take the points instead, or perhaps when I am diamond, it will be a better offering.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by sinfonia
I stayed here in early November. I am only gold (one more stay to Diamond!) but we (party of two) were offered a voucher for Herb and Kitchen for a "continental breakfast" which was clearly outlined as one pastry, one juice, and one whole fruit (bananas, bad apples, sour oranges). That is it. No other options. I begged the guy behind the counter to allow me to substitute a Chobani yogurt for the pastry, pointing out that the yogurt costs less than the pastry and he agreed, but I heard other people in line trying to substitute like-priced items and they were unsuccessful.

I really like this hotel. The skyline from our room was outstanding and the location is good, but I was underwhelmed by the breakfast offering for gold members. Next time, I will take the points instead, or perhaps when I am diamond, it will be a better offering.
For diamonds it's a certain amount off at Herb and Kitchen (I think it's $10 or $15) or you can get the continental buffet for free at the Urban Tavern or upgrade to the full buffet for $10 each and if you are travelling solo and use both vouchers full breakfast is free. Better than the gold option but still kind of stingy seeing Hyatt gives their diamonds a free hot breakfast. Sometimes the server will waive the $10 for diamonds but it's really a YMMV situation however tip is included.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Folks, I'm looking to make a 4-night reservation (on points) at either the Hilton Union Square or the Parc 55 for a conference I will be attending at the Moscone Center. Any thoughts on which property to choose for the most updated rooms? I'm a diamond member also.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
It doesn't matter, they're both fine hotels. Pick the one with the better rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.