Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gaugeguy

DFL Image by BA_pics, on Flickr

They say diamonds are forever @:-)

This wiki will be used to list (in one place) those members that have achieved Hilton LTD status: They are (in order of posting order!):

40 FT members so far: (Congrats ^ )

As of January 2016:

1. ChicagoPlanesTrains
2. troyintn
3. dshafiee
4. stewlevine
5. IMStill4Travel
6. Oldogface
7. KenTarmac
8. 48pager
9. CoyoteExecPlatinum
10. snapper6768
11. docgasman
12. mbru
13. sarah.telaviv
14. dave0823
15. ExecPlatWife's Husband
16. auburntiger
17. Marq
18. monyline
19. gloryguy
20. avnmgr
21. Chang11
22. busyroadwarrior
23. DevilDawg1960
24. gqZJzU4vusf0Z2,$d7
25. rowatts
26. taylormuk
27. 35kup
28. worldiswide
29. 777-222
30. aghplane
31. PandaHouston
32. ontherun
33. geekboy
34. skimanant
35. innflyer
36. smmrfld
37. milesmilesmiles
38. hfly
39. Phil the Flyer (also Mrs Phil the Flyer)
40. MrHilton
41. kanerf
42. TSparky
43. Truffles
44. Traveller
45. Gaugeguy
wiki updated to post 69
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Status Roll call

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:52 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
"Legal in all 50 states?" What do states care about loyalty programs and lifetime status? And everyone else has one; the legalese has to be boilerplate.

I think you're being too hard on the OP.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by snapper6768
I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.
I am staying usually at full service Hilton, Waldorf or Conrad properties.
I did that over seven years. We shall see.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I did that over seven years. We shall see.
That is great for you. I hope your SPEND is similar as well. I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each. I doubt that competes with your outstanding member ship but the Waldorf and Conrad Properties love me....My Centurion card will keep me warm at night if not.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each.

Huge amount of points!!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mspreh
Based on the conversation I had this morning, this is a major decision for the program. I know very little, but he said it was a major legal project for the section of world he covers, and whether or not they would be offering the lifetime status to Honors members from all countries, etc... as well.

Speculation here on why they announced the lifetime program is coming: They decided to implement a lifetime status program, as the major competitors have done so to their loyalty programs. Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out) think Apple Watch, still isn't out yet. Think how this needs to be legal in all 50 states, and on the federal level, just to offer this to US based program members.
This sounds plausible and logically if this detail wasn't yet ready how can anyone be a lifetime Diamond yet?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
That is great for you. I hope your SPEND is similar as well. I had 20 stays in 2014 alone that were over $7,000 each. I doubt that competes with your outstanding member ship but the Waldorf and Conrad Properties love me....My Centurion card will keep me warm at night if not.
Please.......a standing ovation for snapper.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
This sounds plausible and logically if this detail wasn't yet ready how can anyone be a lifetime Diamond yet?
That's the point, no one is lifetime yet. They may have met the requirements that will be announced, and then be awarded the status, but no one has that status today, nor does anyone know if they really met the requirements that will be announced.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mspreh
Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out)..
Ah, yes, the old Microsoft method of "FUD."

"Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt."

Extremely annoying. With all the screwing around HH has done the last few years, to heck with it. I'm gonna be a Hotwire/Priceline guy.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:28 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Congratulations on getting Life Time Diamond. That is awesome but what exactly does that mean.

I was a Diamond for many years with HH and I found it to be an underwhelming experience. Sure I got 50% bonus credits but rarely ever an upgrade to a suite which SPG often does. The only hotels that really gave me real perks were the Waldorf Astoria in NYC and to a less extent other Waldorfs.

I have settled into GOLD status which I find works just fine. I settled into this accidentially when I did not make the new requirements last year for 30 Stays. I missed by one night which I will never forgive HH over this petty difference. Apparently loyalty means little to HH. Go figure..

Last edited by 100,000miler; Jan 16, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:45 am

Smile Just received email - You have achieved Lifetime Diamond status

, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
= DYKWIA

Originally Posted by hedoman
Please.......a standing ovation for snapper.
+1
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:50 am

I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.
I am staying usually at full service Hilton, Waldorf or Conrad properties.
Gonna edit your original post?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Lifetime Status Roll call

This thread is for all those members that have spent far too many nights in Hilton chain hotels and have finally received some recognition of this by being given lifetime diamond status. (LTD)

Please post in the thread if you have passed this hallowed benchmark.

(we can add a wiki to have a communal single post with all the members that post in here with this status).

Last edited by BotB; Feb 12, 2015 at 2:30 pm Reason: removing unneeded bits
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
LTD +1 to go with LTP w/ Starwood and LTP w/ Marriott - Too many nights away from home
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I got a nice email this morning and just checked my account a saw this

Congratulations!

You’ve earned Lifetime Diamond Status with Hilton HHonors. As we update the progress bar to the right, sit back, relax and enjoy all the benefits you know and love as a Diamond member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.