FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Lifetime Status Roll call (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1654212-lifetime-status-roll-call.html)

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 8, 2015 10:24 am

I qualified for Lifetime Diamond

Just hung up with the Diamond Desk. They have not released the criteria yet but the person I spoke with said she can see that I have qualified and should be receiving notification in the mail.
That is good news I suppose:p

particlemn Jan 8, 2015 10:41 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24125817)
Just hung up with the Diamond Desk. They have not released the criteria yet but the person I spoke with said she can see that I have qualified and should be receiving notification in the mail.

now everybody is gonna be calling the DD to ask, btw did you get the email about the address verification?

dshafiee Jan 8, 2015 10:47 am

What were stays/nights/etc?

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 8, 2015 12:37 pm

I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.
I am staying usually at full service Hilton, Waldorf or Conrad properties.

baccarat_king Jan 8, 2015 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24126775)
I am at roughly 450 stays and nearly 900 nights. Diamond for 12 straight years. I do not know the exact dollar of my spend on Butt in Bed nights but it is high.

But, you get Diamond anyway with AMEX Centurion.

donnak Jan 8, 2015 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24125817)

Congratulations. That's awesome!

bbriscoe34 Jan 8, 2015 10:21 pm

Does lifetime diamond give you anything regular diamond doesn't other than not having to re qualify?

mnredfox Jan 9, 2015 1:34 am

OP, did HH confirm Lifetime Diamond or did they just say "lifetime status"?

Ed Size Jan 9, 2015 4:40 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24126775)

That looks like a long way to go for me - still.

HawkeyeFlyer Jan 9, 2015 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 24130442)
OP, did HH confirm Lifetime Diamond or did they just say "lifetime status"?

Lifetime Diamond

mnredfox Jan 10, 2015 3:06 am

Originally Posted by snapper6768 (Post 24134427)
Lifetime Diamond

Nice, good to hear confirmation.

mspreh Jan 14, 2015 1:44 pm

The OP either was mis-informed, or mis-understood, or the person on the Diamond Line didn't understand him to convey the correct information, or the OP is just telling us all a Lie.

I befriended a Senior VP at Hilton this past September, he said that they have not determined all of the the requirements yet. 3 different scenarios were being evaluated for the program, and they would be deciding in the near future.

cjd Jan 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by mspreh (Post 24167124)
The OP either was mis-informed, or mis-understood, or the person on the Diamond Line didn't understand him to convey the correct information, or the OP is just telling us all a Lie.

I befriended a Senior VP at Hilton this past September, he said that they have not determined all of the the requirements yet. 3 different scenarios were being evaluated for the program, and they would be deciding in the near future.

Rather unfair on the OP. It's now January. Why shouldn't they have decided on the criteria by now?

Land-of-Miles Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 24167328)
Rather unfair on the OP. It's now January. Why shouldn't they have decided on the criteria by now?

I suspect if they had decided it would be very much in their interest to publish criteria

mspreh Jan 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 24167328)

Based on the conversation I had this morning, this is a major decision for the program. I know very little, but he said it was a major legal project for the section of world he covers, and whether or not they would be offering the lifetime status to Honors members from all countries, etc... as well.

Speculation here on why they announced the lifetime program is coming: They decided to implement a lifetime status program, as the major competitors have done so to their loyalty programs. Rather than have more people abandon the program in favor of earning lifetime status with another program, Hhonors announces they will be adding it to their program (even though they don't have all the details worked out) think Apple Watch, still isn't out yet. Think how this needs to be legal in all 50 states, and on the federal level, just to offer this to US based program members.