Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:28 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Ditto.

I can't even get a timely response from customer service about a couple of thousand missing points.
Hi Westcoaster,

My team would be happy to investigate - could you send me a PM with your HHonors number and more details?

Thanks!
Erin
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hilton is just turning into another horrible rewards program
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi Westcoaster,

My team would be happy to investigate - could you send me a PM with your HHonors number and more details?

Thanks!
Erin
Will do that when I get home this weekend where I have all of the specifics. Thank you.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: HHonors-Diamond, IHG-Gold, AA Platinum, National-Exec Elite, Avis-First
I've been a loyal Hilton Member since 2006 and a Diamond for most of those years.

Apparently I am also a "Flawed Diamond" - Received neither promotion but got a lovely invite to the Wine Club...

So I will take my business elsewhere.

2014 - Light Year, only traveled ~7 months due to surgery:

56 Stays with Hilton (Mostly DT and Hilton's)
6 Nights Marriott
4 Nights IHG
3 Nights SPG

Generally I didn't stay at Hilton due to business conference bookings or when the other properties were vastly better.

2015 (to date):

12 Stays with Hilton (mostly prior to their promo shenanigans)
6 Nights Marriott
7 Nights SPG
4 Nights Hyatt

I almost want to thank Hilton for opening my eyes since I get complacent and settle into a comfort zone. I know where all the Hilton properties are for a given city/area and it makes my life easier. I'm now looking for my new "standard".

You want my business Hilton, step up and earn it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, BA Blue
14 years straight as Diamond but as my stays all 1 or 2 nights less than 600 nts. Nothing targetted.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, TK Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
My loyalty is being tested as a diamond by them trying to charge me for a workable speed wifi and every property this year telling me there would be a half day charge if I wanted a 4 p.m. check out and giving me a 1 to 2 p.m. max.

All the competition gives their highest tiers highest speed for free, and all but Marriott give a guaranteed 4 p.m. checkout.

Then finding out other members are getting a 100K bonus that I'm not eligible for along with no more quarterly promos has me no longer going out of my way to stay with Hilton's
+1 on that...
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by snapper6768
My bigger issue is the targeted 100,000 points. No one can seem to identify what the "target" was and why some got it and some didn't
Disappointed to be diamond and be excluded from that "thank you" bonus, I sent an email to the diamond desk and got an "FU" email back after about 10 days. (That, in itself, was horrible service.) They basically told me, "You will not get the 100,000 points, we will not tell you WHY you do not qualify, and there are no offers for which you currently DO qualify. But thank you for your loyalty."

If I didn't know better, they WANT us to leave.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by wsdog
Disappointed to be diamond and be excluded from that "thank you" bonus, I sent an email to the diamond desk and got an "FU" email back after about 10 days. (That, in itself, was horrible service.) They basically told me, "You will not get the 100,000 points, we will not tell you WHY you do not qualify, and there are no offers for which you currently DO qualify. But thank you for your loyalty."

If I didn't know better, they WANT us to leave.
As a Diamond who did not qualify for the 100.000 points, I think the acting of Hilton in age of social media is very bad.

Anyway, I just figured that Hilton won t qualify for my 60++ nights coming up this year in BKK - I won t tell why, and I easily requallify.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Frustrated Diamond , for any reasons Hilton stop all communication with me a few years back - no emails, no offers, no postcards, no answers.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by hedoman
I gave up on this program many years ago and laugh at those that are disappointed for whatever reason for not having been crowned LT diamond. ROTFLMAO at those that didn't get the 100,000 point bonus they thought they deserved. It's been a sick program for years and you should have figured that out.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:01 am

12-13 consecutive years as Diamond based purely on leisure stays. Don't know how many nights I've accumulated during the 13 years, but average about 50 nights per year.

No emails ever and no promotions ever. NOT feeling any love from Hilton Corp, but the hotels treat me well during my stays because THEY appreciate that I am a leisure traveler who spends a lot of my discretionary funds on vacation travel within the Hilton family. Just wish Hilton Corp would recognize my loyalty.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hedoman - What is the point in quoting yourself and not adding anything else? Just feel you have to rub it in to people who like Hilton? I don't get that kind of attitude. you said it once, why say it again only tens of posts later?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
830 nights, not counting many, many times when I have booked and paid for second and third rooms. 13 years diamond.

Echoing many experiences reported in these forums, I called and asked how many paid nights I had. I received an email telling me total nights, not paid nights. The email went on to say that my loyalty was an "uncommon feat", and "encouraged" me to "keep aiming towards lifetime diamond," while telling me that the "population of Diamond Members who are eligible for Lifetime Diamond status is very small, in part because we are committed to providing the best benefits and experiences we can offer to every single Diamond member." I am sure the same email has been quoted elsewhere.

Overall I like the Hilton portfolio, but in my personal experience (and from reading this forum), diamond benefits are not as good as their competition's first-tier benefits, and the email from Hilton almost reads as though Hilton is doing ME a favor by allowing me to give them more business. It probably wasn't meant that way, but I get the sense that Hilton Worldwide is just another large corporation that is a bit full of itself.

Just grin and bear it.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, PC Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, FB Gold, Hertz 5*
Nothing for me (9 years diamond). I have number of "personal" offers after logging into my page:

- Explore Europe & Africa with Hilton HHonors - From the palaces of France to Africa’s Zanzibar coast, Hilton HHonors is everywhere you want to be
- Earn 40,000 Bonus Points WITH THE HILTON HHONORS™ CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
- CitiŪ Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card from CitibankŪ

I am not in US, so I can not get cards ..... I love Hilton targeting.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Baze
Hedoman - What is the point in quoting yourself and not adding anything else? Just feel you have to rub it in to people who like Hilton? I don't get that kind of attitude. you said it once, why say it again only tens of posts later?
I tend to share his perspective. Although I did put in extra effort to go for diamond one more year and I did get the 100,000 points, I went in with very low expectations. I wanted lounge access.

I didn't put much stock into upgrades or points or anything else. I am glad I got the 100,000 points, but if i hadn't I would not have been surprised. For years I read about people getting things I didn't get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.