Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:44 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
It would be awesome to be selected...What's it going to take? Shameless groveling? Here's my attempt:

Hi Erin! It's me...I hope I've given some great feedback in our exchanges! I enjoy rainbows, walks on the beach and staying at HH properties above all others, when possible.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Feb 2, 2016 at 10:44 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Exciting news indeed! So what's the speculation on requirements? Invitation only first..... then 10 years Diamond? Maybe 500 nights?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Interesting news indeed, and I am sure it will be widely discussed Wonder if it will be years qualifying? Number of nights in total stayed? Spend? Combination of all?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Interesting news indeed, and I am sure it will be widely discussed Wonder if it will be years qualifying? Number of nights in total stayed? Spend? Combination of all?
I don't know, but the fact that I got the email about lifetime status asking for my confirmation of the mailing address makes me wonder how ever I would qualify for lifetime Diamond status with Hilton. I don't have the years, nights, expenditures or years of Diamond status such that I'd expect to even be close. If it was for lifetime Gold or Silver, then maybe.

Or is this a sign of Hilton giving lifetime diamond status on some sort of lifetime airline elite status basis? The "invitation" aspect makes me think it may be like that.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:05 pm

Maybe they will just be giving lifetime Diamond status to all of us who contribute regularly here on the FT hhonors forum, as a means of piloting the program and rewarding our helpful feedback to the brand.

Ah, I do crack even myself up sometimes. But yes, I did see the comment about "most tenured". Hopefully they'll be doing it in a manner that doesn't distinguish based on stays/nights/spend, just as individual year qualification doesn't.

Also a bit surprised that it's a jump right to lifetime Diamond, not gold. It's could get crowded at the top - and "lifetime" is a long time. Unless they're thinking of rolling out a new highest tier with features to match the competition (confirmed suites, etc.) and making diamond the 2nd tier.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Almost ashamed to ask this question, but:

I'm not sure of the exact number of years I've been a Diamond. It's close to 10 as best I can tell.

Does anyone know of a way to get this info?

(and I can hear it now - "If you don't know this then you don't deserve to be a lifetime Diamond!" LOL)

There was a post on this board a few months ago that gave an address at hilton.com that would have given this information, but it only gave historical points, and only for a few years back at that.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:30 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I just called honors

Just call the diamond desk and ask...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Maybe they will just be giving lifetime Diamond status to all of us who contribute regularly here on the FT hhonors forum, as a means of piloting the program and rewarding our helpful feedback to the brand.

Ah, I do crack even myself up sometimes. But yes, I did see the comment about "most tenured". Hopefully they'll be doing it in a manner that doesn't distinguish based on stays/nights/spend, just as individual year qualification doesn't.

Also a bit surprised that it's a jump right to lifetime Diamond, not gold. It's could get crowded at the top - and "lifetime" is a long time. Unless they're thinking of rolling out a new highest tier with features to match the competition (confirmed suites, etc.) and making diamond the 2nd tier.
I'm surprised as well, or at least roll out lifetime gold at the same time. Unless they figure gold is easy enough to obtain without stays, but that isn't the case outside the US
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I'd rather they copy the SPG or Marriott model than have an unpublished way of earning Lifetime status. Also, Lifetime Gold would be a nice option as well.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
So is the conjecture that only people who got this email are going to get some sort of lifetime status. Have been HH for probably 15 years and have been Diamond the last 8 at least. I got the verify my email address email and just verified it but don't remember seeing anything about lifetime status, maybe I wasn't paying attention or maybe it wasn't there?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Lifetime gold I feel not the best idea, partly because there could be so many with lifetime status (depending on criteria we don't know yet of course, and may never know), and because a lifetime status should reward those guests that have done most with the brand, so it would have to be top tier.
I would hope the status would be something that is a real reward and something to be proud of, would be trickier to achieve if too many achieved it.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
So out of curiosity what sort of stays would put you in the higher echelons. I've been diamond for 7 years and reckon I've clocked up c320 stays.
How's that compare to others on this forum ?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by robandjojo423
So out of curiosity what sort of stays would put you in the higher echelons. I've been diamond for 7 years and reckon I've clocked up c320 stays.
How's that compare to others on this forum ?
Okay, this should be interesting! I called the Diamond Desk and was told that I have spent around 920 nights during 300 stays at Hilton properties. I've been a Diamond for 7 years and was Gold for a few years before that. I suppose that spending around 2.5 years of my life on the road (not counting several more months at non-Hilton properties) in the past 10 or so years might be seen as more depressing than as an accomplishment.

Last edited by jefftiger; Dec 17, 2014 at 11:36 am
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
well since we are all guessing, my bet is that it will be in the order of 500 stays or 1000 nights or 1 million earned points (with a minimum 10 years as Diamond). Don't think I am quite there yet despite being Diamond for 15 years or so.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Marriott has lifetime at all levels and it's a combinations of both nights stayed and points earned. That prevents either an all-credit-card or all-cheap-stays backdoor. From the LT thread over there, most FT'ers seem to hit the points threshold first, then the nights requirement second.

I hope eventually HH publishes something similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.