Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Refinery - New amenities from Aromatherapy Associates available in Conrads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

I read from Conrad Bali Instagram post that Conrad Hotels have started to provide new amenities for men called "The Refinery" by Aromatherapy Associates. Anyone used it yet?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:37 am

BA first class provides some Refinery products in their amenity kit. I'm not a huge fan.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:22 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Conrad Amenities

For those who want to know which amenities you can request to receive when you stay in Conrad Hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:14 am

I haven't stayed at a Conrad since they made the change to allow guests to select toiletries. how does on do that? at the front desk? by email? tell housekeeping on arrival?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
You can always just call down to the front desk, the one time I tried the Shaghai Tang I did that.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Doesn't the Conrad iPhone app let you pick? Anyone tried that, does it actually work?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by txflyer77
Doesn't the Conrad iPhone app let you pick? Anyone tried that, does it actually work?
Yup it works! In fact u can do that on your Hhonors reservation online...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:02 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gummibar
Conrad Amenities

For those who want to know which amenities you can request to receive when you stay in Conrad Hotels.
Thanks for the link; it looks like the items offered from the Refinery line are actually different than the others-- bar soap, combined hair and body wash, moisturizer, shave gel and after shave balm.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just an update...I managed to bag a set of The Refinery over the weekend at Conrad Singapore... however I have not tried it. Will comment about it later.

Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by travisw
I haven't stayed at a Conrad since they made the change to allow guests to select toiletries. how does on do that? at the front desk? by email? tell housekeeping on arrival?
You can also select with "Request Upon Arrival" stuff, although requires an email (address supplied) to specify which one.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:07 pm
jxd

They need to change the crappy Peter Thomas Roth toiletries in all hiltons! Crabtree and Evelyn in doubletrees works much better.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Speaking as a guy (and maybe more than 50% of Conrad guests are guys) this is a great idea. Shaving foam and aftershave cream are great amenities.

I just stayed at the Conrad Algarve and tried the Shanghai Tang brand for something different from the Aroma Therapy that seems to be their standard. It's not a BIG DEAL with me but I found that I preferred the Shanghai Tang. Tea scented soap!!!

I used the Conrad app to pre-order the ST amenities and they noted it on arrival and sent up a member of the housekeeping staff after I arrived to change out what was in the room. That was very nice.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Sorry, I like the PTR stuff. In fact after my last stay at a Hilton I came home and bought their body wash. Different strokes...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Today i just tried the Hair and Body Wash after gym. The scent is very pronounced...with a strong gingery smell...excellent for a post gym shower use. However, I do think that some people may be turned off by this strong smell...so do take note if you do choose it as your amenities!
Old May 18, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Hmm I got a facial soap, 2 moisturising lotion,shave gel and after shave balm from Conrad Centennial
Is this standard or I suppose the hotel ran out of body and hair wash

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.