FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Refinery - New amenities from Aromatherapy Associates available in Conrads (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1617089-refinery-new-amenities-aromatherapy-associates-available-conrads.html)

gummibar Oct 1, 2014 9:57 am

The Refinery - New amenities from Aromatherapy Associates available in Conrads

I read from Conrad Bali Instagram post that Conrad Hotels have started to provide new amenities for men called "The Refinery" by Aromatherapy Associates. Anyone used it yet?

travisw Oct 1, 2014 10:37 am

BA first class provides some Refinery products in their amenity kit. I'm not a huge fan.

gummibar Oct 1, 2014 8:22 pm

Conrad Amenities

For those who want to know which amenities you can request to receive when you stay in Conrad Hotels.

travisw Oct 2, 2014 7:14 am

I haven't stayed at a Conrad since they made the change to allow guests to select toiletries. how does on do that? at the front desk? by email? tell housekeeping on arrival?

Miesque Oct 2, 2014 7:17 am

You can always just call down to the front desk, the one time I tried the Shaghai Tang I did that.

txflyer77 Oct 2, 2014 8:20 am

Doesn't the Conrad iPhone app let you pick? Anyone tried that, does it actually work?

gummibar Oct 2, 2014 8:27 am

Originally Posted by txflyer77 (Post 23615039)
Doesn't the Conrad iPhone app let you pick? Anyone tried that, does it actually work?

Yup it works! In fact u can do that on your Hhonors reservation online...

dw Oct 2, 2014 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar (Post 23612993)
Conrad Amenities

For those who want to know which amenities you can request to receive when you stay in Conrad Hotels.

Thanks for the link; it looks like the items offered from the Refinery line are actually different than the others-- bar soap, combined hair and body wash, moisturizer, shave gel and after shave balm.

gummibar Oct 5, 2014 8:35 am

Just an update...I managed to bag a set of The Refinery over the weekend at Conrad Singapore... however I have not tried it. Will comment about it later.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...c0559e98005f4e

kirkwoodj Oct 6, 2014 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by travisw (Post 23614733)
I haven't stayed at a Conrad since they made the change to allow guests to select toiletries. how does on do that? at the front desk? by email? tell housekeeping on arrival?

You can also select with "Request Upon Arrival" stuff, although requires an email (address supplied) to specify which one.

jxd Oct 6, 2014 11:07 pm

They need to change the crappy Peter Thomas Roth toiletries in all hiltons! Crabtree and Evelyn in doubletrees works much better.

walttom Oct 7, 2014 10:46 am

Speaking as a guy (and maybe more than 50% of Conrad guests are guys) this is a great idea. Shaving foam and aftershave cream are great amenities.

I just stayed at the Conrad Algarve and tried the Shanghai Tang brand for something different from the Aroma Therapy that seems to be their standard. It's not a BIG DEAL with me but I found that I preferred the Shanghai Tang. Tea scented soap!!!

I used the Conrad app to pre-order the ST amenities and they noted it on arrival and sent up a member of the housekeeping staff after I arrived to change out what was in the room. That was very nice.

walttom Oct 7, 2014 10:49 am

Sorry, I like the PTR stuff. In fact after my last stay at a Hilton I came home and bought their body wash. Different strokes...

gummibar Oct 7, 2014 9:31 pm

Today i just tried the Hair and Body Wash after gym. The scent is very pronounced...with a strong gingery smell...excellent for a post gym shower use. However, I do think that some people may be turned off by this strong smell...so do take note if you do choose it as your amenities!

teo1991 May 18, 2019 9:03 am

Hmm I got a facial soap, 2 moisturising lotion,shave gel and after shave balm from Conrad Centennial
Is this standard or I suppose the hotel ran out of body and hair wash