Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace {GBR}

Hi

when you do a search for the above hotel (using PR11PN) it comes up with rooms from £66 but when you click through the rate goes up to £99 - anything I am missing? date is 18/10-19/10

thanks
Hugo
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hmlg
Hi

when you do a search for the above hotel (using PR11PN) it comes up with rooms from £66 but when you click through the rate goes up to £99 - anything I am missing? date is 18/10-19/10

thanks
Hugo
Dunno mate, I just tried it and £66 deal was there right the way through to the " click to confirm" page.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hmlg
Hi

thanks
Hugo
I get the same behaviour. It seems if you put PR11PN in "group code" rather than "promotion/offer code" then you can get it down to £73.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

it worked

that worked and it was back down to £66 - the hllton website does work in strange ways sometimes.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Stay coming up, received an email asking to produce the payment card at check in and photo ID, unusual but shall see how it goes at check in. All booked through Hilton.com.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Stay coming up, received an email asking to produce the payment card at check in and photo ID, unusual but shall see how it goes at check in. All booked through Hilton.com.
Bizarre - I stayed there earlier this month and as asked to produce neither at check-in. Was this part of the usual pre-arrival email or did it seem like a bespoke email to you based on being a dodgy client?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Bizarre - I stayed there earlier this month and as asked to produce neither at check-in. Was this part of the usual pre-arrival email or did it seem like a bespoke email to you based on being a dodgy client?
I wonder if this is due to the issue at the Hampton up the road ( see the homeless thread )....... who knows?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:52 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Stayed there a few weeks ago in June and certainly wasn't asked for photo id at check in. If you're travelling by car, it's worth noting that they only have about 24 underground car parking spaces and I was told you could ring on the morning of arrival to book a space if required and if available. Hotel was quite pleasant although rooms on the small side. Good choice at breakfast for an HGI. Forgot that you have to choose between breakfast or 750 points in the My Way benefit at HGIs.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Great stay. Check in they did ask for the credit card I had paid with, no photo id. Had never seen a lifetime diamond card before.

Upgraded to queen deluxe that came with robes/ slippers and a mini bar (incl water). The room was quiet, slept very well, and due to the shape of it with the bathroom tucked in at the end it feels a decent size. Room was very clean, very clean indeed. Also, a welcome letter and drink/ cake from the GM- great to see these days- and straight away gives a good vibe.

Felt this is how things should be done, good stay, and thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:02 am

Full breakfast with fresh egg cooking/ omelette station. Waffle machine.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:58 am

Appears im the only FT member to stay here for a while.........I'm here Friday night, two queen guest rooms booked @£59 on honors discount rate, will do live reporting as usual.
treppenlaeufer likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Dec 19, 2018 at 8:58 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
@wizla - looking forward to it

Stayed here last week, still missing the drink vouchers that they used to hand out in earlier years.

Receptionist insisted thag I had to wait until check-in time for my room (Diamond).
I had to ask about the water, which she forgot to hand me dzring check-in.

Breakfast quality improved over the years. Room showed some wear and tear but was fine.

Based on location and the often relatively good rates it is safe a choice.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
@wizla - looking forward to it

Stayed here last week, still missing the drink vouchers that they used to hand out in earlier years.

Receptionist insisted thag I had to wait until check-in time for my room (Diamond).
I had to ask about the water, which she forgot to hand me dzring check-in.

Breakfast quality improved over the years. Room showed some wear and tear but was fine.

Based on location and the often relatively good rates it is safe a choice.
Thanks, yes I didn't really know what to expect as I'm not that familiar with the garden inn brand, I shall go with an open mind and hopefully enjoy......looks nice from the pictures.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:40 pm

I stayed earlier in the year. It’s a nice property although I admit I am a bit of an HGI fan.

You've made the right choice. The Hampton round the corner is “interesting”
treppenlaeufer and wizla like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Arrived 1-30pm, parking options are under the hotel ( small spaces apparently ) or brindley place q park ( next door )....... both are £15-50 , I choose the later as I drive a fairly large car.
Check in swift and both rooms ready , didn't push for upgrade as was happy to take available rooms.
Two rooms on 6 floor both identical...... rooms are fairly small and the bathroom is very small....no bath .
Bed queen size, seems comfy, fridge, safe and two bottles of water on desk.....no view to speak of and windows do open a little.
There is currently a German Xmas market on which is certainly worth a look a 10 min Walk from hotel, bill ring shopping centre about 25 mins.
We are now back and deciding where to eat tonight, looks busy with all the Xmas parties going on.....will visit gym to get some photos for you guys but won't partake as forgot to pack running shoes......will report back!
chrism20 and treppenlaeufer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.