Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How many Hilton Honors points do you have and how you plan to use them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many Hilton Honors points do you have and how you plan to use them?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Dang, you guys with millions of points need to get out more LOL

I had 500k last year, 3 vacations (Tokyo, Cabo & USA) cleaned me out. Down to 20k now, building it back up for the next vacation.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Dang, you guys with millions of points need to get out more LOL

I had 500k last year, 3 vacations (Tokyo, Cabo & USA) cleaned me out. Down to 20k now, building it back up for the next vacation.
All I do is "get out" LOL......I earn them faster than I can burn them is the problem.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just under 300k.

I've been trying to burn not earn, but redemptions are all in the .3-.4 cpp range (HKG, SIN, NYC). Becoming very difficult to get even .5 cpp. Don't know what the bloggers who value these at .6 cpp are smoking.

Hilton: lots of mediocre properties, by far the lowest value points of any major program.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just under 300k.

I've been trying to burn not earn, but redemptions are all in the .3-.4 cpp range (HKG, SIN, NYC). Becoming very difficult to get even .5 cpp. Don't know what the bloggers who value these at .6 cpp are smoking.

Hilton: lots of mediocre properties, by far the lowest value points of any major program.
Have about 175k and climbing and looking at a burn in Key West March-May.

Your numbers align with my own findings. Poor redemption rates and points price that make me go "What the ...?" e.g. even mediocre properties in not-glamorous locations going for 40k.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Currently ... ~ 630k

No plans to use them right now.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Feb 2, 2018 at 7:35 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:16 am

I've starting just spending them on Amazon. The last thing I want to do when I am home from work travel is leave.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:15 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
3 million. I used just south of 500k last year and kinda broke even. No awards on the books yet for 2018.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:38 pm

Had about 1.3 million. Spent 540k on 2 rooms x 5 nights at the Hilton Tel Aviv ($450/night for these dates at the time I booked) and 760k on 2 rooms x 5 nights at the Jerusalem Waldorf ($550/night) for a family trip this past Dec / Jan. Booked the lowest category rooms in both cases; the Hilton upgraded one of our rooms to a two room, two bath suite, the Waldorf upgraded both rooms to Deluxe rooms, one of which was a King Grand Deluxe. Getting the Waldorf at the lowest rate (Superior room) was difficult because no Superiors were available New Years Eve (and I needed the lowest rate + 5th night free to make this work), I spent several months checking almost daily until they finally opened up one night last May, and were gone again the next day.

Not factoring in the upgraded (= more expensive) rooms and the included famous Israeli breakfast for four, this comes out to about 0.77 cents/point, which feels like a decent redemption value to me.

In the time since I originally booked this, I've replenished almost 300k points - but am now in the middle of a Marriott mattress run for an August trip to Maui (30,000 points to go). Looking forward to getting back to Hilton though - while each chain has its merits, this mattress run has convinced me that I like Hilton better (plus only 45 more nights to Lifetime Diamond!)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
We should have about 1MM once the Aspire bonus hits. Ski resorts seem to have some good redemption opportunities.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Right about 53,000. Recently I've tended to cash in for last minute award stays locally or to use on business trips when the going rate is absurdly high. I haven't used HH points for an aspiration property or a vacation in a while.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Haven't checked on how many I have lately but probably around 500K. I use them more for hotels in smaller market places and typically at HGIs where I can get a pretty big bang for my points (well at least sort of). I have a few places I routinely cash them at as I know what I get for them and the deal seems ok.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, BA GGL CCR, Amex Plat
I have about 1.2m points at this moment in time, generally use them all over the place, generally for big holidays or road trips and bookings for family. Conrad Algarve normally take a large chunk of my points every year.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by dogwiz
I've starting just spending them on Amazon. The last thing I want to do when I am home from work travel is leave.
Amazon is a horrid redemption. I just bought 160k in the latest promo, and immediately used it with other points in my account to book a 5 night stay in Australia.

About half my bookings are using points. I like the 5 night bookings for the added value.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I like the 5 night bookings for the added value.
Same here. I almost exclusively use my points for 5 night stays.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Have about 344k. Plan on using 30k for a quick night this month but no set plans for the rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.