FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1582971-official-honors-flyertalk-ambassador.html)

flo0816 Jun 6, 2014 9:17 am

Originally Posted by wharvey (Post 22984929)
Welcome to FT Anthony. You will find that we are a quiet and non-demanding group of travelers.... NOT!

:cool: :D :rolleyes:

stimpy Jun 6, 2014 9:26 am

First of all, welcome Anthony. I hope it goes well for you here, and it is always good to have a rep onboard.

Originally Posted by hginPHL (Post 22985145)
I also agree with the suggestions on lifetime status, and a higher status (or improved benefits) for those of us that stay over the 60 nights required for Diamond. I have already made Diamond for this year, and quite honestly I have no incentive within the HHonors program to remain loyal to Hilton for the rest of the year.

Really? No incentive? What about enjoying your Diamond benefits on every hotel stay for the rest of the year? What about enjoying good Hilton hotels?

If you are all about chasing hotel status, that's fine and many people here do just that. But don't expect the hotel chains like Hilton to bend to these whims.

48pager Jun 6, 2014 11:06 am

Welcome Anthony! Now that your honeymoon period on FT has quickly expired, I look forward to hearing you articulate Hilton's plans moving forward. You've already heard lifetime status and "beyond Diamond" suggestions more than once. As a Diamond member for each and every year since the introduction of the tier in 1993, I was extremely disappointed by the devaluation last year. I understand the need to be competitive and adjust point requirements to reflect property valuations, but perhaps a gradual increase rather than an immediate jolt (especially in the aspirational category) would have been better received. Hilton has rewarded my loyalty over the decades and having received what I consider the most coveted HH award (twice now), it's clear the program has some work to do. Thank you in advance for your participation!

tom-schmitt Jun 6, 2014 3:31 pm

Welcome Anthony

As others proposed before, HH should consider some guaranteed benefits as we are used from other programs .

-Guaranteed early check inn, late check out, room upgrades -Ihg royal Ambassador

-Suite upgrade voucher -Hyatt

Unfortunately no real difference between Diamond and Gold status except of lounge access, worst upgrade success compared to other programs
(Top tier level)

The latest devaluation was very hard, especially for the HH members outside the US (like me).
The only way for us to earn points or status is to stay in a hilton hotel.
There are no credit card sign-up bonuses, (free weekend night certificates, ten thousands of points, free gold/diamond status), earning points with credit card spending.

flyer4512 Jun 6, 2014 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 22988088)
I think I hear what you're saying but correct me if I'm mistaken. Are you suggesting that some hotels only display handicapped rooms as Standard Rooms and all other rooms as Premium Rooms? I've received this kind of feedback a few times already, and there are a few reasons why this may be the case. With that said, artificially manipulating Standard Room inventory is not something we condone. When we hear of this, we do our best to get to the bottom of it. If you see any specific examples, can you please share with me (PM is best to get my attention quickly) and I can investigate? In the meantime, I'll share this with my team so they're aware.

Sent you a lengthy PM, yes all rooms at this hotel except handicapped are sold as premium rooms above the top rate for that time of year. I tried booking a year in advance so all the standard rooms weren't sold out.

I bumped the thread I started for this a while back, it's called "Tricky Deval from Hilton"

Thanks

nlkm9 Jun 6, 2014 5:06 pm

welcome!! I am a diehard hilton person, im ususally in a hampton, homewood, or HGI a few times a week:).
Love the brand:)

Xelint Jun 6, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi Anthony,

Welcome aboard and will appreciate your support in a very demanding board. I understand that you are just a middle man but I hope you will be able to shed transparency on issue that are being raised. It is nice to know they are being raised but it would also be nice to know what is happening on the issue and if there is resolution.

Again welcome and wish you the best.

jsn55 Jun 6, 2014 6:45 pm

This is very nice news, Anthony, I'm glad you're here. Can we start out by discussing the "points and cash" scheme used so successfully by InterContinental/ICG? I'm a Diamond with Hilton and Platinum with ICG and for leisure trips often book an ICG property because I can afford the points & cash room rate. I know Hilton offers points/cash on a tiny number of hotels and I would love to see that number increase. Using my HH AmEx and my points, I can arrange a trip within my budget. Hilton does such an excellent job with HHonors people that a Hilton property is always my first choice.

jsn55 Jun 6, 2014 6:47 pm

I agree, Stimpy, Hilton treats their Diamond people like royalty ... every stay.

smmrfld Jun 6, 2014 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by judyserienagy (Post 22991312)
I agree, Stimpy, Hilton treats their Diamond people like royalty ... every stay.

You forgot to add the :rolleyes:. Surely you must be joking. And feel free to call me Surely.

MrExitStrategy Jun 6, 2014 10:42 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here and love that Hilton cares about the discussions that are going on here.

JohnnyColombia Jun 7, 2014 2:18 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 22988088)
With that said, artificially manipulating Standard Room inventory is not something we condone. When we hear of this, we do our best to get to the bottom of it. If you see any specific examples, can you please share with me

Hilton Bogotá. Cat 4 property for 30,000 Hhonors points but not a single standard room available between now and Christmas. Not even weekends when they are only $99/night.

Welcome to FlyerTalk Anthony. Have fun :)

Andy290 Jun 7, 2014 8:21 am

Great news, welcome!

djw02002 Jun 7, 2014 10:24 am

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt (Post 22990541)
Welcome Anthony

As others proposed before, HH should consider some guaranteed benefits as we are used from other programs .

-Guaranteed early check inn, late check out, room upgrades -Ihg royal Ambassador

-Suite upgrade voucher -Hyatt

Unfortunately no real difference between Diamond and Gold status except of lounge access, worst upgrade success compared to other programs
(Top tier level)

The latest devaluation was very hard, especially for the HH members outside the US (like me).
The only way for us to earn points or status is to stay in a hilton hotel.
There are no credit card sign-up bonuses, (free weekend night certificates, ten thousands of points, free gold/diamond status), earning points with credit card spending.

Staying at a hilton property should be the only way to earn points and status. I dont think you should be able to earn above silver status from credit card spending. There should be no free gold & diamond status.

controller1 Jun 7, 2014 11:54 am

Originally Posted by djw02002 (Post 22993574)
Staying at a hilton property should be the only way to earn points and status. I dont think you should be able to earn above silver status from credit card spending. There should be no free gold & diamond status.

Oh, your financial naiveté is showing! ;)

Due to the money Hilton receives from those cards from the selling of HHonors points to the CC companies, there is no way you will get your wish.