FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1582971-official-honors-flyertalk-ambassador.html)

xooz Jun 9, 2014 5:19 pm

Let me add my welcome! As you can see, we are a needy bunch(!). You have probably reviewed many Hilton threads and I would imagine you have looked at how other representatives interact here. The Starwood Lurker is a good model I would think.

Also, since you are just getting geared up my recommendation would be to focus on those areas where current policies are not being adhered to and try to make some differences there, since you would have more likelihood of success. For example, I would assume that you might be effective in initiating resolution of some of the room categorization issues that end up with no award availability, or other such issues that others have mentioned. Lifetime Status? Can't imagine that this is not known already and beyond your paygrade to achieve. You can be a conduit for what serious Hilton Honors members are looking for, but you can really be effective if you simply assist in ensuring the existing policies designed to preserve and enhance the Hilton brand are being followed by the hotels and other corporate departments.

As with any big project, carve out some small wins and build traction. Good luck!

djw02002 Jun 9, 2014 9:18 pm

Internet Speed

A major problem I have been having since start of the year is slow internet. I primarily stay at Hampton Inn properties in the Southeast US, but have stayed in Embassys and recently the Hilton Resort in Myrtle Beach.

Last year - my internet experience was fine. I could run webex meetings during the day, work on salesforce day & night without delay, and even stream netflix.

Now this year after over 65 nights I have not had a single decent internet experience. It really seems as though something changed to reduce the speed of the internet to the rooms. I previously did all my spend on hotels.com, but actually switched to booking directly with Hilton and am Gold now. The thought being that I would get better internet. I get that there is a lot of streaming video at night, but I have these same issues around 11:00am or 12:00pm when I doubt there is heavy traffic.

Did anything change this year? Consistent internet that at least allows me to run webex and salesforce without delay is pretty important. A Comfort Inn I stay at in Tampa for concerts has perfect internet and the property is a real dump.

underpressure Jun 10, 2014 2:53 am

Anthony: I will add, the folks at the Diamond Desk always go a great job for me when I call or email. ^

Hilton Honors Ambassador Jun 10, 2014 8:56 am

Originally Posted by xooz (Post 23005780)
Let me add my welcome! As you can see, we are a needy bunch(!). You have probably reviewed many Hilton threads and I would imagine you have looked at how other representatives interact here. The Starwood Lurker is a good model I would think.

Also, since you are just getting geared up my recommendation would be to focus on those areas where current policies are not being adhered to and try to make some differences there, since you would have more likelihood of success. For example, I would assume that you might be effective in initiating resolution of some of the room categorization issues that end up with no award availability, or other such issues that others have mentioned. Lifetime Status? Can't imagine that this is not known already and beyond your paygrade to achieve. You can be a conduit for what serious Hilton Honors members are looking for, but you can really be effective if you simply assist in ensuring the existing policies designed to preserve and enhance the Hilton brand are being followed by the hotels and other corporate departments.

As with any big project, carve out some small wins and build traction. Good luck!

Great points. I completely agree that the little victories are our most immediate opportunities, but please don't let that stop you from sharing your larger thoughts around the HHonors program. I'm actively sharing this feedback with my team each week. Thanks for the tips and I look forward to what's to come.

Originally Posted by djw02002 (Post 23006855)
A major problem I have been having since start of the year is slow internet. I primarily stay at Hampton Inn properties in the Southeast US, but have stayed in Embassys and recently the Hilton Resort in Myrtle Beach.

Last year - my internet experience was fine. I could run webex meetings during the day, work on salesforce day & night without delay, and even stream netflix.

Now this year after over 65 nights I have not had a single decent internet experience. It really seems as though something changed to reduce the speed of the internet to the rooms. I previously did all my spend on hotels.com, but actually switched to booking directly with Hilton and am Gold now. The thought being that I would get better internet. I get that there is a lot of streaming video at night, but I have these same issues around 11:00am or 12:00pm when I doubt there is heavy traffic.

Did anything change this year? Consistent internet that at least allows me to run webex and salesforce without delay is pretty important. A Comfort Inn I stay at in Tampa for concerts has perfect internet and the property is a real dump.

Thanks for the post. I will pass this onto my team. ^ To my knowledge, there were no company-wide adjustments to the speed of internet offered at our hotels and resorts, but I'll confirm and will chime back in if I have an update.

Originally Posted by underpressure (Post 23007772)
Anthony: I will add, the folks at the Diamond Desk always go a great job for me when I call or email. ^

Excellent! Glad to hear this. Thanks for sharing.

jsmith50 Jun 10, 2014 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 22984491)
Ah, I figured someone must! Thanks ^

(and of course the usual bowing and scraping whilst humbly mumbling 'I'm not worthy!) :D

You're mad of course but good on you ^ :)

I know of at least one other 365 night guest last year. Unfortunately, their situation was prompted by a house fire and insurance put them up in a local Hampton Inn for all of the 2013 and, I think, into early February 2014.

I really, really hope they joined HHonors with all those nights!;)

shedberg Jun 10, 2014 11:13 am

Is there a reason the Hampton Inns stopped supplying refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms at some of the hotels? I don't mind having to use the microwave in the breakfast area but no refrigerator is rough especially on a weekend stay!

Hilton Honors Ambassador Jun 10, 2014 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by shedberg (Post 23010228)
Is there a reason the Hampton Inns stopped supplying refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms at some of the hotels? I don't mind having to use the microwave in the breakfast area but no refrigerator is rough especially on a weekend stay!

Hi there, I can only speak on behalf of Hilton HHonors, but I have notified my team and if you email [email protected], they will be able to answer your question. Thanks!

UPDATE: I was now informed that [email protected] is a more appropriate email address for hotel-level concerns! Please use this email instead of [email protected].

ptownca Jun 11, 2014 12:16 am

Welcome Anthony!

Which brings up three topics:

What team in Hilton handles [email protected] I've never seen this email before and what are they empowered to do ?

On a positive note, what can your most loyal customers Gold and Diamond do to reward good properties or employees who go above and beyond corporate standards and deliver great service ? A survey sent to Gold and Diamonds ? A mail address ? Give us guidance here please...

I've got both employees and properties who have consistently delivered beyond expectations and they should be recognized.

Is there an internal group of customers who are regularly queried for advice ? Some folks here I suspect would be good candiates ;)

I'm a Hilton Gold soon to be Diamond.

Cheers!

underpressure Jun 11, 2014 4:33 am

Originally Posted by shedberg (Post 23010228)

This is curious to me. I never realized this was an expectation as a standard. Some do, some don't but it is always posted on the website.

shedberg Jun 11, 2014 6:17 am

Originally Posted by underpressure (Post 23015191)
This is curious to me. I never realized this was an expectation as a standard. Some do, some don't but it is always posted on the website.

My biggest problem is that is is NOT always posted. I have stayed at many Hampton Inns whose web site states they have them in room when they do not. Up until last year, all of the Hampton Inns I have frequented have all had refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms.

shedberg Jun 11, 2014 6:17 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 23011700)
Hi there, I can only speak on behalf of Hilton HHonors, but I have notified my team and if you email [email protected], they will be able to answer your question. Thanks!

THANKS!

Hilton Honors Ambassador Jun 11, 2014 8:14 am

Originally Posted by ptownca (Post 23014558)
Welcome Anthony!

Which brings up three topics:

What team in Hilton handles [email protected] I've never seen this email before and what are they empowered to do ?

On a positive note, what can your most loyal customers Gold and Diamond do to reward good properties or employees who go above and beyond corporate standards and deliver great service ? A survey sent to Gold and Diamonds ? A mail address ? Give us guidance here please...

I've got both employees and properties who have consistently delivered beyond expectations and they should be recognized.

Is there an internal group of customers who are regularly queried for advice ? Some folks here I suspect would be good candiates ;)

I'm a Hilton Gold soon to be Diamond.

Cheers!

Hi there, the [email protected] email address actually goes straight to our Hilton advice team. They are basically a "catch all" for any kind of inquiry, particularly for property level concerns or questions. They then direct these questions to the right people at each brand to get the answers.

THANK YOU for wanting to share team members who go above and beyond to deliver great service! We love receiving those notes. I would actually be the best person to share that feedback with. If you want to PM me with those details I can direct it to make sure it gets in front of the right people. :D

(Edited--thanks Beltway!)

beltway Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 23016082)
THANK YOU for wanting to share team members who go above and beyond to deliver great service! We love receiving those notes. I would actually be the best person to share that feedback with. If you want to PM me with those details (or you can even post publicly on FlyerTalk if you'd prefer) I can direct it to make sure it gets in front of the right people. :D

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think that's technically contrary to the privacy provision in the FT rules:

Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).
(Mind you, I can think of at least one thread devoted to praising a particularly famous & beloved airline lounge employee, so the rule is not enforced to the letter.)

fozziedoggie Jun 11, 2014 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 23020155)
(Mind you, I can think of at least one thread devoted to praising a particularly famous & beloved airline lounge employee, so the rule is not enforced to the letter.)

Or that famous Hilton EL gentleman in Budapest. ;)

underpressure Jun 12, 2014 4:15 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 23020269)
Or that famous Hilton EL gentleman in Budapest. ;)

Or Delta's Queen of Skies :p