Tips at racking up extra points

Old May 23, 14, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Tips at racking up extra points

Looking at racking up as many Hilton points as possible for our upcoming honeymoon to Moorea/Bora Bora. Currently at about 240k - and churning the citi card as much as possible to keep getting the 40k offer - (on number 3 right now). Will do the citi reserve card to get the two free night certificates in a couple of months (trip in June 2014). have a smattering of miles/points on American (75k - trying to turn that into covering one of the flights) Delta, marriott, IHG (might use these for our nights in Bora Bora), SPG, United.

Are there any good offers to transfer into Hilton Hhonors points? Is it worth it for the Virgin Atlantic transfer - not sure exactly how that works/worth it, etc. Any other random other ways to bulk up on miles that I may not know of?
Old May 23, 14, 2:41 pm

As far as racking up extra points, have you considered Manufactured Spending?
Old May 23, 14, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Train View Post
As far as racking up extra points, have you considered Manufactured Spending?

I have often thought about that as an idea - but I never knew it was possible to buy prepaid debit cards with a credit card - then I didn't think you would be able to use an ATM to cash them out (is that the gist of the 500+ page threads that are linked to?)
Old May 23, 14, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

ok - just spent awhile reading and googleing - considering with rent and student loans- I am at 1600 a month - might give it a shot. Will start with small amounts at first to make sure I know what I am doing!
Old May 23, 14, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scotttyd View Post
Looking at racking up as many Hilton points as possible for our upcoming honeymoon to Moorea/Bora Bora. Currently at about 240k - and churning the citi card as much as possible to keep getting the 40k offer - (on number 3 right now).
For one thing, stop churning the Citi card for the 40k offer, and instead start churning it for the 50k offer (which by the way isn't knew, it's been around a few years for those research the best offers on FlyerTalk):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nors-visa.html (thread in Credit Cards forum, started May 2011)

(You're already 30k short compared to if you had been doing the 50k offer all along, if you've done the 40k offer 3 times now.)
Old May 24, 14, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
For one thing, stop churning the Citi card for the 40k offer, and instead start churning it for the 50k offer (which by the way isn't knew, it's been around a few years for those research the best offers on FlyerTalk):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nors-visa.html (thread in Credit Cards forum, started May 2011)

(You're already 30k short compared to if you had been doing the 50k offer all along, if you've done the 40k offer 3 times now.)
ya ya ya I see that know - I didn;t realize the landing pages were different, I just googled hilton credit card and then took the link from Hilton - lesson learned
Old May 27, 14, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bonus raised to 60k through Aug 2014

And now (look at the updated name for the Credit Cards forum thread!) for a few months it's a 60k signup bonus (still needing only $1k spend).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nors-visa.html
Old May 27, 14, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Amtrak, WN
Hate to say it, but you missed the golden days of being able to purchase Vanilla Reloads at CVS with a credit card and load them to a Bluebird account, form which you could easily pay the credit card bill. There are other methods, though, like buying pre-paid debit cards with a PIN number from grocery stores and loading them to Bluebird.

But this isn't a manufactured spending forum, so I'd recommend that you check out the forum for it here on FT. A literal gold mine of information, that place is!

If you're going to get into manufactured spending, just BE CAREFUL.
Old May 30, 14, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
I MS for hilton points. I have done 180k points year to date :-)
Old Jun 21, 14, 7:34 am

Ways to get extra HH points?

Does anyone know of a way to get extra Honors points. Any kind of trick or hack would be appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 14, 10:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I shouldn't be saying this...

But go here:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html

Type in a city you would like to visit
Choose dates you would like to visit said city
Book the hotel
Travel to said hotel
Stay there
You will get a bunch of points out of this
Old Jun 21, 14, 10:07 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by poser View Post
I shouldn't be saying this...

But go here:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/index.html

Type in a city you would like to visit
Choose dates you would like to visit said city
Book the hotel
Travel to said hotel
Stay there
You will get a bunch of points out of this
You shouldn't be sharing secrets like that lol

Another secret is to stay a lot of notes at Hiltons and get status and those stays earn even more points

I'm assuming op meant Hilton honors not Hampton
Old Jun 21, 14, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by volcom850 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to get extra Honors points. Any kind of trick or hack would be appreciated.
So, volcom, why don't you start by letting us know what you found by searching this forum first, and then we can help clarify anything you don't understand about various aspects of the HHonors program.
Old Jun 21, 14, 8:04 pm

Two bonus ideas:
- get a Hilton credit card.
- where possible (within HHonors membership) choose points as an benefit, instead of "bottle of water" or whatever.
Old Jun 22, 14, 3:37 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Ways to get extra HH points?

im sure you can buy pts

Search this Thread
Search Engine: