Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs up Nice Property, Great Staff

Just finished a stay at the Doubletree Paradise Valley. The staff is exceptional, particularly in the Loggia Lounge and front desk. Very accomodating. Full buffet breakfast and welcome drink coupons for diamonds. Property is in a great Scottsdale location with transpotation within 2 miles. Pool is very nice and rooms are spacious. As indicated by others, this is a place you can feel very comfotable in. We would definitely stay here again.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:37 pm

Wink Thanks for recos- Phoenix props

Just wanted to thank posters for input received last month recommending DT Paradise Valley (would have posted on original thread but closed). The property was clean, well maintained, no resort fee, and well located. As Diamond I received breakfast passes for both rooms I booked (12,000 pts./50 bucks) as well as some free drink vouchers.
We had dinner at the Tapatio property (A Different Point of View a recommended restaurant with spectacular view) and was glad we did not stay there as it definitely seemed less well cared for and much more difficult to 'navigate' (we were with 83 year old father in law).
Also had a chance to have drinks at Waldorf Biltmore where I have stayed previously. While a wonderful property I wasn't dissapointed that I had chosen the DT. In fact the DT seemed to me like a 'poor mans Biltmore' and I mean this in a very positve way,
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by colpuck
Yup, I was there two weeks ago. It's a "resort" property and the rooms are all in outside buildings. The rooms themselves are nice a little bit larger than most hotel rooms. I don't believe they do suite upgrades for diamonds. Diamonds just end up with a "deluxe" room (whatever that is). They have a full breakfast in the morning, with slightly higher quality than the Hilton standard.

I'm a bad person and stay on the el-cheapy corporate rate for 69.00/night on the weekends. For that I find there is value in the property. They have at least upgraded from the mini-bottles to the full 500ml water bottles for gold/diamonds.

Note...there is no wi-fi in the rooms and the wired internet is spotty at best. Also parking can be an issue.
What corporate is this? What's the rate code?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by colpuck
Yup, I was there two weeks ago. It's a "resort" property and the rooms are all in outside buildings. The rooms themselves are nice a little bit larger than most hotel rooms. I don't believe they do suite upgrades for diamonds. Diamonds just end up with a "deluxe" room (whatever that is). They have a full breakfast in the morning, with slightly higher quality than the Hilton standard.

I'm a bad person and stay on the el-cheapy corporate rate for 69.00/night on the weekends. For that I find there is value in the property. They have at least upgraded from the mini-bottles to the full 500ml water bottles for gold/diamonds.

Note...there is no wi-fi in the rooms and the wired internet is spotty at best. Also parking can be an issue.
Here now and wifi has been improved dramatically.

We have been coming here for quite a few years. It is still a decent and comfortable property, but I do wonder if the economy and knock on tourism from the political stuff hasn't hurt things a little.

It can still be a great value, but it shows signs of needing a little investment. I hope they do well. We really like the place.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How is the pool area - good for kids? Are the 2Q rooms large enough for a rollaway?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
How is the pool area - good for kids? Are the 2Q rooms large enough for a rollaway?
The pool area is great, it's large and feels tropical and they even have pool noodles and floats and stuff.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
The pool area is great, it's large and feels tropical and they even have pool noodles and floats and stuff.
Yes, took the FT advice and made a reservation here, though I'd still like to get into the Hyatt or Westin if the price is right.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:19 am

Stayed here this past weekend. Rooms were spacious and clean, but definitely very, very tired. Parking situation was pretty annoying. Broken glass on the stairs remained for the duration of our stay. Gold breakfast buffet was decent, and staff seemed good. A perfectly fine value for the $75 rate, so I'll stop short of saying that I was disappointed.
Old May 17, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Would appreciate any updates for the property as it has been a while now. Have a stay coming up so would be interested also in any eateries and watering holes in close proximity.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2015, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Daveyb101
Stayed here this past weekend. Rooms were spacious and clean, but definitely very, very tired. Parking situation was pretty annoying. Broken glass on the stairs remained for the duration of our stay. Gold breakfast buffet was decent, and staff seemed good. A perfectly fine value for the $75 rate, so I'll stop short of saying that I was disappointed.
I'm constantly amazed at how many people don't inform the front desk when there is a safety hazard such as broken glass. I would have immediately informed the front desk and followed up if the glass wasn't cleaned up within a few minutes.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Updating an old thread.

I've done three stays since mid-December. All excellent overall stays.

The grounds and pool areas are very well kept and pleasant. Two large pool areas with pool bars.

The lobby has had a new Starbucks, decent gift shop, rental car agencies, concierge and plenty of room.

Breakfast for Diamonds is a full buffet with choices beyond a typical lounge and many Hilton.s

In the three stays, the first time was an upgrade to a massive suite with two full bathrooms.

The second was an upgrade to a poolside room with a nice view.

Third was another upgrade to another suite. The suites are massive, with large dining table for 8, fireplace, couch and 46+ new TV.

Great location and Old Scottsdale, which is charming is less than a mile away.

Given a choice of anywhere in greater Phoenix, Scottsdale is my first choice.

In our system it is rated 4* and its a legit 4* property in my experience.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

I needed some stays to retain diamond, so thought I’d try some nights here while the points required was relatively low.

Not much recognition for Diamond status. Two bottles of water. No welcome letter, upgrade, or other amenities.

Only continental breakfast given for two adults, no matter how many the room is booked for. Upgrade to full buffet $5 plus tax per person for those 2 guests. It’s fairly good, but for any special order items, it can be a bit of a wait. I also found the full 15-20% tip guidelines on the receipt for a buffet a bit insulting.

Room was ok, but nothing special. Main room vent looked very dirty. No in-room internet at all the first day, until 4pm the next day. Wiring jumble in the bathroom, on the side of the sink. Hair dryer inoperable, and the alarm went crazy the one time we tried to set it.

Housekeeping was prompt, and did a decent job, but there was multiple kid items underneath one bed that my kid found.

Lots of noise from the hallway. The main pool was ok, but it is quite shallow at only 3 feet deep.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Sep 5, 2018 at 7:32 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
How is this resort for families with younger kids? I have two girls ages 6 and 9. Currently booked at Tapatio but need to change stay dates and Tapatio is booked one of the nights I need. Considering this one, Hilton Scottsdale, Embassy Scottsale. Missing anything. Going to pass on the Biltmore don't need that much lux family does better at lower key properties. Thx!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
How is this resort for families with younger kids? I have two girls ages 6 and 9. Currently booked at Tapatio but need to change stay dates and Tapatio is booked one of the nights I need. Considering this one, Hilton Scottsdale, Embassy Scottsale. Missing anything. Going to pass on the Biltmore don't need that much lux family does better at lower key properties. Thx!
We stayed here during the summer, with my youngest who was 5 at the time.

The rooms seemed a bit worn out. I didn’t feel that being a diamond here got me anything beyond a continental breakfast. I don’t know if the pool is open during the winter here. I felt it was an okay deal at $80+ a night during the summer. I would be hard pressed to justify the $200-300 a night they want during high season.

It and the Embassy Suites are decently located near old town Scottsdale, and the Fashion Square mall.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
This would be low key.

We have traveled here for a decade or more. The offering has become skimpier and although the grounds and pools are nice, the rooms haven't been updated in that whole time. The breakfast has diminished and they've added a resort fee which does nothing for us. If it weren't a homey place which is associated with good memories, I would not go back based on the value.

Hilton Scottsdale didn't do anything for us years ago. I might be tempted to try the Embassy.

We booked the new Hampton south of the Doubletree in Tempe last month and the new and clean room was a great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.