FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale {US-AZ}
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:53 pm
IcHot
Suspended

Originally Posted by colpuck
Yup, I was there two weeks ago. It's a "resort" property and the rooms are all in outside buildings. The rooms themselves are nice a little bit larger than most hotel rooms. I don't believe they do suite upgrades for diamonds. Diamonds just end up with a "deluxe" room (whatever that is). They have a full breakfast in the morning, with slightly higher quality than the Hilton standard.

I'm a bad person and stay on the el-cheapy corporate rate for 69.00/night on the weekends. For that I find there is value in the property. They have at least upgraded from the mini-bottles to the full 500ml water bottles for gold/diamonds.

Note...there is no wi-fi in the rooms and the wired internet is spotty at best. Also parking can be an issue.
Here now and wifi has been improved dramatically.

We have been coming here for quite a few years. It is still a decent and comfortable property, but I do wonder if the economy and knock on tourism from the political stuff hasn't hurt things a little.

It can still be a great value, but it shows signs of needing a little investment. I hope they do well. We really like the place.