Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Which Complimentary Hampton Inn Snacks do you Select?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

For me, it's all about a Diet Soda (hopefully Diet Coke) and the Gummi Bears.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
2x Toblerone bars. Anything else is just wrong.

Neil
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by missamo80
2x Toblerone bars. Anything else is just wrong.

Neil
Um, I was going to say I always take the points because, you know, after 200 Hampton Inn stays I'll have enough points for a night somewhere decent.

Seems like I need to reconsider and take the chocolate.

David
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Fresca really hit the spot for me, but they stopped offering that. When I take a snack I usually just grab a couple vitamin waters. I've opted for points, so I try not to take a snack that often.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: US, HH
Because of this thread I took the Toblerone tonight

I mostly just take the points, but many Hamptons have given me both, even when I changed to snack at check-in.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
2x Vitamin Water for me.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Glad to see people are coming over to the Toblerone side.

Neil
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I find they vary slightly by property. I keep my preference set to points, so most places never offer anything; however, there is one I use semi-regularly that does anyway. Last time I got a Diet Coke and a packet of Tim's Cascade Jalepeno Potato Chips. I often get the Toblerone, but don't care for Gummi Bears. I liked the Fresca, too, but now get Vitamin Water instead.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Mostly gummi bears, occasionally Toblerone, with a water.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I sorta' like how when I check-in with my spouse next to me the FD makes us share a single soda and tells me only one item per room. We just ask for two straws Seriously, I have no idea if its one per guest or per room, we just take whatever each hotel decides. It varies, though, so we never know what to expect.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought it's two items per room, although I also thought one is specifically supposed to be food and the other drink?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I usually take Fresca and either Gummy Bears or Toblerone when offered, but I keep my profile set to points... I'd say I get offered about 50% of the time, but that may be skewed a bit by certain properties I frequent offering more often than others.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I thinks its zippy when a property offers a snack that trys to reflect their environs. Case in point, the Spring Hill Fla Hampton Inn offered a Key Lime Coconut Patty (the coconut had a day-glo green hue - extra zippy). Spring Hill is near Weeki Wachee and is very north of Tampa. It made me chuckle... they wanted to pretend it was Key West when all around us we saw dripping moss from oaks... more like the deep south than palm trees in the Keys. The only authentic souvenir that Spring Hill shares along with the Florida Keys is the abundance of Noseeum and mosquito bites. But you gotta admire a property for trying. ^
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:43 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
2x Vitamin Water for me.
Same here or points.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sallyerd
I thinks its zippy when a property offers a snack that trys to reflect their environs. Case in point, the Spring Hill Fla Hampton Inn offered a Key Lime Coconut Patty (the coconut had a day-glo green hue - extra zippy). Spring Hill is near Weeki Wachee and is very north of Tampa. It made me chuckle... they wanted to pretend it was Key West when all around us we saw dripping moss from oaks... more like the deep south than palm trees in the Keys. The only authentic souvenir that Spring Hill shares along with the Florida Keys is the abundance of Noseeum and mosquito bites. But you gotta admire a property for trying. ^
I think there may be some push to offer "Local" options... the Hampton Seattle Airport I frequent has a local Seattle potato-chip option and a sticker that promotes it as such. While the Key Lime Patty in your example is probably a stretch to be local as you pointed out, there may be a corporate push to try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.