Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Which Complimentary Hampton Inn Snacks do you Select?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Complimentary Hampton Inn Snacks do you Select?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I think there may be some push to offer "Local" options... the Hampton Seattle Airport I frequent has a local Seattle potato-chip option and a sticker that promotes it as such. While the Key Lime Patty in your example is probably a stretch to be local as you pointed out, there may be a corporate push to try.
28th street (the newer Hampton with suites)? The clerk made a point of warning me that the Tim's Chips were jalapeno flavored!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
For me, it's all about a Diet Soda (hopefully Diet Coke) and the Gummi Bears.
I'm with the OP. I drink the Diet Coke and bring the Gummi's home to my wife!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
28th street (the newer Hampton with suites)? The clerk made a point of warning me that the Tim's Chips were jalapeno flavored!
Both the newer one on 28th street and the older one on International Blvd (they're so close, you can see one from the other) offer the Tim's Chips... I haven't tried them yet, but I might next time I'm there. I usually bounce between those two properties (to maximize stay credits) if I'm in SEA for more than one night. I sometimes forget which one I'm at because the standard room layout is identical (including the cut-corner bathroom door and built-in desk/closet).
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My preference is set to points for HI, but every one I've stayed in the past couple of years has also offered a choice of drink and a snack item. I always take Diet Coke and nuts or trail mix.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:29 pm

I have never seen the sodas on display. I'm going to ask about it next time. I have my preferences set up for points but I get points and snacks about 50% or more of the times. I appreciate the hotels that do that. My favorite ones are Vitamin water and Toblerones. That could change if I can get a soda.
Old May 5, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Bottled water x 2.

With ref. to the HI 28th Street by SEA, I like that property (emerging South 200th link extension notwithstanding) inasmuch as it's an easy walk to Dave's Diner for breakfast (on those days I want something more substantial than the quasi-egg hockey pucks). Take a walk on the wild side and traverse the work zone!
Old May 5, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by dave1013
Bottled water x 2.

With ref. to the HI 28th Street by SEA, I like that property (emerging South 200th link extension notwithstanding) inasmuch as it's an easy walk to Dave's Diner for breakfast (on those days I want something more substantial than the quasi-egg hockey pucks). Take a walk on the wild side and traverse the work zone!
I've done that more than once going between the Hamptons! I've only had dinner at Dave's.

As for sodas, I've seen Fresca (recently, not historically) offered, as well as Coke/Diet Coke. The jalapeno chips aren't all that spicy. I had been hoping for a Toblerone at Intl Blvd recently, but the clerk didn't offer, and since I'm set for 250 points, I wasn't going to push it.

I recall the first time I ran across the display set-up, where I pulled it apart, to which the clerk said, "No, no! You're supposed to tell me what you want, and I'll get it for you!"
Old May 5, 2014, 3:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've seen Diet Coke at three properties and Diet Pepsi at one.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Count me in as a victim of Dave's between the Hamptons, at least for dinner. The "Mother Lode" country-fried-steak is aptly named... there was no way I could eat the whole thing, only about half, and I went in hungry!
Old May 5, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Count me in as a victim of Dave's between the Hamptons, at least for dinner. The "Mother Lode" country-fried-steak is aptly named... there was no way I could eat the whole thing, only about half, and I went in hungry!
I'll try that next time I am there for the evening. The steak and egg breakfast is a steal at about $10.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Gummy Bears, definitely Gummy Bears
Old May 5, 2014, 5:18 pm

The wings are pretty good too, but don't even think about trying them in a white shirt.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I get the Makers Mark and pizza.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:17 am

If I am ever traveling with my fiance - they always give both of us two options, it is the little things that make my day
Old May 6, 2014, 11:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I get the Makers Mark and pizza.
I must find this Hampton Inn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.