Passbook

Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:01 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Passbook

I don't see a topic already, but I think it's pretty cool that you can add your HH card to Passbook now on your iPhone
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by wunderpit
I don't see a topic already, but I think it's pretty cool that you can add your HH card to Passbook now on your iPhone
At the risk of being laughed at, what is and why would I want to use "Passbook" for HHonors?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:19 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
At the risk of being laughed at, what is and why would I want to use "Passbook" for HHonors?
Yes, it does seem like a small waste of time on the HH people, but at a quick glance you see your point total and/or you never need to carry your card…which you somewhat don't anyway. But I carry my card, and now it's one less card to carry.

I admit that I geek out on this stuff. It's cool.

Last edited by Weyland Yutani Corp; Feb 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm Reason: add pic
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
It's an app from Apple that holds loyalty card info, I believe. I have something on one of my Androids that can store this.

That being said, I don't know where my Diamond card is, and I don't know what use it is.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I use the Hilton Apple Ap and I have an App for the airlines I use so I have completely ignored the Passport feature
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
So I guess I can expect a HH Android app around the same time lifetime status and an airline affiliation is announced, say, the 12th of Never?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by wunderpit
Yes, it does seem like a small waste of time on the HH people, but at a quick glance you see your point total and/or you never need to carry your card…which you somewhat don't anyway. But I carry my card, and now it's one less card to carry.

I admit that I geek out on this stuff. It's cool.

Okay, so this looks like a screen-shot taken from your actual Passbook on your personal iPhone. So you then launch this Passbook app and show it to the FD personnel at check-in? Other than that, is there another use for this? I'm guessing the Passbook feature is simply an aggregate of all loyalty cards that allow you to quickly find a member number? If so, I'm already doing this with the notepad feature on my iPhone. It is cool to see the company graphics, etc. Would one be able to import this info from notepad, or would I need to manually enter all of my loyalty cards one by one?

Still not sure I would have a use for this...but.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
So you then launch this Passbook app and show it to the FD personnel at check-in?
Why would you need to show it - or an actual HH card - to anyone at check-in?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Why would you need to show it - or an actual HH card - to anyone at check-in?
My point exactly, I'm not sure if this tool is meant to do anything other than that OP seems to use this app for other things, so I just thought I would ask.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Why bother --- the only time I need my card is when I need a number -- either mine or their 800 number. The last time I took it out of my wallet was when a new one came in.

Bob H
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
And the one thing that I'm actually interested in (expiration date) isn't listed on the Passbook card, unlike the UA Mileage Plus card which can be displayed in the iPhone UA app.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:50 am

How odd. The only thing I use when checking in is my card. I say hi, give them the card and get a room+/- cc deposit occasionally.

Though I still won't be using this app for now, it's not like the card is hard to use!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
How odd. The only thing I use when checking in is my card. I say hi, give them the card and get a room+/- cc deposit occasionally.

Though I still won't be using this app for now, it's not like the card is hard to use!
Same here mate......at check in I introduce myself and give diamond card and credit card to FD staff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.